All Summoned Pet Hit Points, R33, Build 480

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by agra, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agra

agra Avatar

R33 build 480, 20160912, AL 62 mage.

Pet HP by type:
    Fire elem: 234
    Air elem: 234
    Earth elem: 275
    Water elem: 234
    Ice elem: 275
    Skeletal footman: 258 (health decreases over time very quickly)
    Lich fighter: 339 (health decreases over time very quickly)
    Skeleton mage: 177 (health decreases over time very quickly)
    Moon Will-o-wisp: 234
    Sun Phoenix: 234
    Chaos Daemon: 234
    Chaotic clone: 30
    And for comparison...
    Large red spider: 269 ( AL40 spider with 90 taming, 75 in all other related taming skills )

Currently, summoned pet hit points do not increase with summoning glyph skill, INT, or any other buff types.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. Swan

Swan Avatar

do include focus cost on those too :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. agra

agra Avatar

IIRC, they're all the same. -42 focus cost for each/all the summoned, and -170 I think for the tamed animal.

Swan and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  4. Resolute

Resolute Avatar

So in other words there is really no need (currently) to level up your summoning skill other than a slightly reduced reagent cost and attunement?

5. agra

agra Avatar

Currently, as far as I can tell, that's true, yep.

The exception to that is the Chaos pets. The reagent cost is not affected by wands or glyph skill. It's fixed at 10%, 25%, or 100%, and is -always- that. Not sure if that's working as intended or a bug, but there it is.

Resolute likes this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, this has been bugging me.
    As you level up the summons, the tooltip says the "effectiveness" increases.
    What exactly does this increase?
    Not the HP, not the damage output, certainly not the usefulness of the summon in any way that I've been able to discern.
    Zero difference between level 1 and level 80 air elemental, just ground it up for attunement and never bothered with it again.
    Is this a bug? Shouldn't it get better for having 80 levels in it?

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  7. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Chris explains effectiveness of summons in a video somewhere on the interwebs not planning on finding it as I've heard changes are incoming *hoping so haaard!*

As i understood it it's pointless to level up unless u need it for attunement as I do with daemon

StevieD likes this.
  8. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

How do you summon a Lich Mage? Do you mean Skeleton Mage? I have the Lich. There is no combo to make a Lich Mage listed in game. There's only one for a Skeleton Mage.

Also, they definitely need to change this. I have all of the summons except for the water, ice, and demon. They all suck and are pretty much worthless. Water is probably the only somewhat useful one with its occasional heals. None of them put out enough damage to matter, and none of them have a tanking capability either. Will-O-Wisp can be somewhat useful in PvP with it's short occasional mesmerize.

It's especially a problem because there's an entire innate skill in the Death tree just for Death Summon Effectiveness. If all effectiveness does is reduce reagent use chance and focus cost, then that innate is essentially worthless as well.

Epiphany likes this.
  9. agra

agra Avatar

Sorry, yep, skeleton mage (from the combo), just a typo.

And yes, currently, they're all quite lackluster. Especially the death tree pets. I can't imagine a scenario where anyone would summon or use a pet that dies faster from just existing than it ever would from fighting. o_O

Epiphany likes this.
  10. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Alright, was gonna say... "am I missing out on another hidden version of the Lich?" lol. Because the Lich Fighter that you get by default is especially bad since it always uses melee attacks and apparently has only 1 dexterity since it can't hit sh*t. I'm really hoping they do something with summons in R34 or at least within the next couple of months. It's sad that the highest level spell in all of the mage trees is also the weakest and not even worth leveling besides for the attunement increase.

Especially for the Phoenix too. That Phoenix is not easy at all to kill just to get such an underwhelming pet as a reward for it.

11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I know they will end up tweaking this eventually, but I have noticed there is a difference in the damage they do (not just the element). Seems like death summons tend to actually do more damage than the others. The daemon also does more damage and has the interesting ability to shoot demon chaos at opponents as a ranged attack so it seems to act both as ranged and as a melee creature but I cant seem to predict when it will do that.

Although it is safe to say that these summons aren't exactly in the final state. The daemon spell says it summons a "powerful daemon" that attacks everything... to see how powerful it is go into a three skull zone and send it off to fight a grizzley bear and watch who gets knocked on its butt. OH I named mine Lord of the Abyss because it reminds me of those Balrons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.