Allow Community to Improve UI

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Turok64, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turok64

Turok64 Avatar

Only saying this for the love of the game, and hopefully not disrespecting anyone here.

But I think the UI needs more changes than whats coming to R55, seems like the devs acknowledge this is the first pass. I'm relatively new, but has the devs ever been open to the idea of the talented and passionate community help improving with UI design. I feel like it the best way we can contribute since its really easy to do a mockup that the devs can import.

I.E. no code touching etc... I think there is a great need for massive overhaul including the glyph design.

I feel this is one way to get people to come to the game, seeing nice screenshots of the game with a very updated UI design.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Interesting idea. Maybe some mockup's can be submitted if Port is willing to entertain this?

3. stile

stile Avatar

+1

Dev's need to take a serious look at LOTRO, and the crowdsourcing that is allowed to be done for that producing "skins" and plugins by the community and for the community. They are only able to do so within restricted sets of rules, but that allow for amazing UI's.

For Reference:
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/cat2.html

Witcheypoo likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I have some ideas I want to show off myself. Also no disrespect, its something I started way back in pre-release even before we had most of the UI we have now. Did a bunch of mockups in a graphics program.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

From what I gather this is the best way to do it. Make it and post it first, THEN ask for permission.

Jaesun and Witcheypoo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.