Alot of talk about I want , Rewards are weak, Give me, . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I see posts about all kinds of stuff that show a lack of "touch" with the Community.

How about a few things that have been asked for in so many different ways that would actually present something players might want. (pay for)

#1 Armor Display
    #2 Ability to Dye / Enamal Armor
    #3 Opposite Facing Bar (Tavern Counter)
    #4 Trophy Data on more than just fish.
    #5 Increase Pet / NPC counts for Lots / Houses (I have a bag of 50 diff Pets)
    #6 Agriculture (((*#@ WATERING @#*)))

Now these are my top 6 and there are MANY in the list and sooo many bugs still affecting the game that really need work.

Stop trying to present us with new pixel crack, recoloring skins of old items is getting old, sorry.

# 1 and 2 are both things that I am pretty sure player would actually pay for (should not really have to but)

Now before everyone goes nutz just make this easy and post your top 5

I might be able to make a compiled list if you all use the same format of a number and then description.

I know I gave 6 I have over 10 and just dropped a whole bunch.

2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Honestly, my top 5 are more mechanical and require more work. Your list seems super easy to implement. :p Also, wasn't # 6 "fixed"? I saw people the other day in Discord cheering that they can get a thousand ore more buckets of water now, rather than the 400 (?) previously. Not necessarily a fix if you were thinking true agriculture (pipes to a water source, etc.).

Anyways, here is my top 5 (again, much harder to implement).
    1. Purchasable NPC's that allow you to script what they say (we have this already for certain pledges, I think - don't be offended if you want it to be super rare). Giving them pathing abilities might be really hard to implement, but would add to their "flavor". Maybe consider programming them to help with #2, below (so that you have a "Quest Giver") - this requires a lot of work to have a way for an NPC to give rewards or accept items for quests, but the tech is already there in the form of Vendors. I don't mean to suggest they be used solely for quests. I can imagine a lot of creative types creating NPC's that give flavor to their plots / towns.
    2. Player quests. There was talk of this, and it seems like with dungeons we are going to get this "Soon"-ish (TM).
    3. More mob types. For the love of god, I can't keep killing the same undead/humanoids/animals.
    4. More Overland Map encounters (using more mob types; see #3, above). I'll note that over a year ago the Developers "tested" mob variations on the Overworld Map - there was a huge dragon that sat outside Brittany, and I heard mention in chat at that time that there was a Daemon running around. Keep this open for multi/private/solo and/or make a few PvP-only.
    5. Moar dungeon-type places. Again, doing the UT, Rise, Fall, K'Rul rotation is fine...for a bit. I think some Tier 6/7/8 places would really hit a sweet spot for me and others like me who cannot handle some places in smaller groups.
    I think that a lot of ideas can be "pledged" in that instead of just reskinning older items for a theme one month, the Developers can instead set a goal for something more "meaty". For example, "$100,000" for a new mob type, etc.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Sorry don’t have good ideas, blue prints would be cool and rare mob spawners for my dungeon. the bigger issue is rare saturation with only sight differences from exsisting items. It’s hard for me to get pumped about fireworks ballrooms fishing holes etc if there is something I really want I buy cotos or something on my non sub accounts.

***I’d love armor display racks (mannequin)***

I’d also like them to expire items, when they are up or run forever it devalues it in my mind. Example if they put up a house or boat or bow and say this will expire in 2 months that’s way more interesting to me than here is this house/bow etc (but they would truley have to expire them a inversion if colors makes it worthless again in my mind).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Boris Mondragon and K1000 like this.
  4. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I suppose if I really thought about it I'd come up with a fairly respectable list but I'm just going to keep it simple and list the first two that came to mind..

1: Being able to place crafted foods..
    2: Jousting. :)

There are of course a lot of very worthy 'wants' but those are two personal favs.. but starting to think of it..

Armor stands are pretty high on my favorite personal wants and along with that, functional weapon racks.. (especially the long double sided one, that's my favorite). :)

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

World peace

Dollar Bill, K1000 and Jaesun like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Sentinel2 and K1000 like this.
  8. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Ok, forget everyone else's suggestions. Jousting for Episode 2. I'll start the stretch goal bidding at $500,000.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thiiiiis! Super basic and drastically changes the deco landscape!

For both store and crafted bar please.

Interestingly Item #1 was mentioned today as one of the oldest Jira's in the backlog. Evidently it is not an easy feat, and has had brains thrown at it several times.

Boris Mondragon and K1000 like this.
  10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Would love to hear Chris explain why it's so difficult.
    Oh well.........

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  11. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

1) More faces and hairstyles
    2) Dye backpacks and small bags
    3) Farming paver (that requires outdoor ground) so you can have farms that aren't just raised beds
    4) Naming crafted weapons and armor
    5) Increase pets / NPC counts

Edit (one more, couldn't resist):
    6) Option to turn off the dang auto-compare thing so I can sort my inventory in peace.
    :)
    Already there - Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Boris Mondragon, Sway, K1000 and 2 others like this.
  12. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

1) Stop nerfing bows skills because you were killed by one without any armor on.
    2) Stop nerfing bows skills because you were killed by one without any armor on.
    3) Stop nerfing bows skills because you were killed by one without any armor on.
    4) Stop nerfing bows skills because you were killed by one without any armor on.
    5) Stop nerfing bows skills because you were killed by one without any armor on.
    6) More deco placable on blocks. (Wall lights, Banners etc)

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sooo let see they can be placed on Wodden shelves against walls or dropped on floors, how about simply make them rotatable and then we can place them on walls. It does not have to be an item to place them on just allow rotate and stacking.

Lets see;
    List of players who have nothing to add but had to chime in
    Redfish
    Ally Oop
    Athanil
    Stealth_

K1000 likes this.
  14. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Feel free to put us on ignore, you do know how to do that right? Right?

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  15. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Um, it's already there. @Alioth
    Look under Interface (down at the bottom).

Sean Silverfoot, Jaesun and Alioth like this.
  16. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

@FrostII wow, so glad to know that - thanks!

Boris Mondragon and FrostII like this.
  17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

OMG when did this happen?!??!

18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I hope they do it right. Once a system is in it's in forever. Witness the derided at creation NPC chat window, still here 2 years later.

19. Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin Avatar

They’d have to implement horses first, which they haven’t been able to add in since 2014, which is when I pledged for the complete horse mounts package. Unless they cheap out and just give us sticks to go with our coconuts.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  20. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I was just as surprised, and gratified, to learn of its existence!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.