Alpha Release Easter Eggs and Spoilers [Spoilers...]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Astrobia, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I wondered about that connection between Marian and Mariah as well.

I found two so far, but I won' t release the info until after the end of this test. I did screen shots to illustrate how to open certain doors. Glad to see Richard is still true to form by implementing these clever little puzzles.

2. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

One easter egg I was hoping to find was a dead gargoyle and smith in the town stable. Sadly it was empty.

3. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I know the closet he would have been in. That one didn't stand out at me at first until someone else mentioned it. The second visit showed the true horror in how the scythes inside were being... stored.

4. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Oh my yes, I did not like that room!

5. Valice Belgraham

Valice Belgraham Avatar

+1000

I think it would be safe to say, most people interested in this style of game don't want any handouts, or information given to them for free. But, having the ability to craft your own maps, or buy your own town/local maps to gain the feature of having a limited mini map for the corresponding area would be vital. As well as being able to own a compass, or to find out enough information from locals to determine the cardinal directions based off of astrological sightings is a must.

It does me no good to know the guard house, where the clink is at, is located in the western part of town from an npc, if I have 0% way of determining where west is, since this world might not have the same representation of directions as Earth does.

monkeysmack likes this.
  6. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

The only way I know the bearings is by the one NPC who states that Enmar's office is to the North and Bentham and the Tesla Tower are to the West. That makes the entrace you speak to the guard on the south end of Owl's Head. Everything else works accordingly.

However, a Minimap and ingame maps that can be brought up will be nice to have. Again, we don;t need quest markers, crumb trails or any of that hand-holding stuff, but it would have been nice to get a general lay of the city from a map/bird's eye view. A future Release I guess.

7. Dolnor

Dolnor Avatar

Kuno Brauer, smack and Lum like this.
  8. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

A big part of this release was so they could record all of our NPC interactions, and review the most common things we say to each one.. So 'common questions' will get responses implemented as long as enough of us thought to ask them. ;)

Valice_Belgraham likes this.
  9. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I would like things like minimap or compass additions to the UI to be actual items that are crafted in game and then are equipped on the paperdoll. And that they come in different levels of quality or type. So you could just have a very basic compass that only indicates the four cardinal points. But the accuracy might not be 100% or it might be a little wobbly. Or you might find a cursed compass that points you in the wrong directions. Or you might find a "Owls Head attuned" compass that always indicates what direction Owl's Head is in. Or an "enchanted" compass (I mean sextant) that always points the way to the nearest moong- I mean lunar rift.

An adventure game called Dreamweb (a favourite of mine) touched on this slightly. For example, if you found and equipped your wrist watch then an actual digital watch appeared on the UI.

10. Valice Belgraham

Valice Belgraham Avatar

+1000

This is exactly what I was trying to get at!

mitchellhamilton likes this.
  11. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I think the map discussion is a bit off topic. Maybe the moderator can create separate topic. I think we need a map and compass maybe display shop locations but nothing more detailed than that. I think maps are needed to get a better idea of where things are.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

12. smack

smack Avatar

So did everyone figure out Lum's easter egg?

13. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

yeppers!
    ----Spoiler----
    I have a screenshot of it..

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

He was just stuck if you open the door and let him out he stops jiggling his head.

15. smack

smack Avatar

Here's another screenshot, from another time, another place. :)
    [​IMG]

Miracle Dragon and Lum like this.
  16. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It would have been a lot more impressive if multi-text response wasn't bugged and you got the whole thing from the one request :)

17. Dolnor

Dolnor Avatar

Actually...factually...Rainz didn't kill Lord British. Richard Garriott killed Lord British!

As Richard revealed, as the code was written...Being a GM required him to invoke Invincibility on himself. He entered that realm and FORGOT TO do so. So when Rainz cast the Fire Wall spell, Richard's avatar Lord British took a step into the fire without Invincibility turned on...he forgot. And he flustered as he saw his avatar burning to death...he couldn't invoke the command fast enough...and died.

And then all hell broke loose! -)

Just getting the facts straight!

TQQdles™

18. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Either an onscreen compass, or a sextant for location would work well for navigating. Hopefully along with a nice cloth map to plot your travels from :D

Just please no giant floating arrows over your head nose leading you (which I know they've already stated they won't)

19. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

In response to earlier comments about GPS and minimaps... There will be an optional minimap. That was one of the stretch goals.

NirAntae likes this.
  20. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Can you show which one?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.