Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Altair[9000]-constant server disconnect/map reloading

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Sorthious, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Title: Constant Server Disconnects/Map Reloading

Blocker? Yes, game has become unplayable.

Details: As of R35, every time I log into game the map loads up(slower than usual), then I can move for a couple minutes, then the game locks up as my hard drive starts thrashing. After several minutes I get the 'Altair 9000- Disconnected by server' message. I then have to log back in and reload map. I have tried both Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 16.10(Lubuntu.) I know my system is seriously under-spec'd, however, I was playing just fine prior to R35, granted I had very poor graphics and FPS. I have had the Altair 9k disconnects before, but now they are no longer sporadic. This happens every login without fail. I'm just using this system till I buy another after Thanksgiving. Would like to at least play this until I get the next PC. Any help would be appreciated!

Steps to Reproduce: Start game, after map loads a freeze, then disconnect will occur a few minutes later.

User Specs:
    CPU: 2x Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2815 @ 1.86GHz(boosts to around 2.1g)
    GPU: IntelHD(Bay Trail)
    MEM: 4gigs

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Sounds like the client wants to use more memory than your machine has available. We're always adding content to the game, so some scenes may require more memory in the new release than the previous release. We routinely work on optimizing our memory use, so some releases may require less memory. So you can always check back next release to see if things have improved - or get that machine upgrade :).
    In the meantime, you can play in offline mode. Performance may not be any better, but at least you won't get a server disconnect.

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

No worries....I thought it might be something else because of the server disconnects. I figured if it was a memory issue the game would just lock up/stop responding. I'm not interested in offline play...The server disconnects are annoying but at least I'm able to develop my character/skills. It's painful having to wait for a new PC, but I have a budget of $550US, so I'm waiting for holiday sales to get the most out of new system. Looking at getting I3-6100 3.7gig, 16gigs Ram, 256G SSD, and Radeon 480 w/8gigs Ram. Anyway, thanks for looking into it!

4. angegardien

angegardien Avatar

idem up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.