Alternatives for Restocking Place Anywhere Lot Deeds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bayard, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

@DarkStarr, please consider alternatives/additional options to restocking Place Anywhere (PA) Lot Deeds. Many of us who have been playing a long time have amassed vast sums of gold/COTOs and could buy all the available deeds as they hit the merchants or buy mass raffle tix. That leaves you with unpleasant situations of either adding more deeds and flooding the market or endorsing a first-come-first-buy situation that leaves new arrivals with no deed to buy by the time they've got the gold/COTOs to do so. While I generally believe in a meritocracy/grindocracy where those who put in the time and effort should reap the rewards, I think having more opportunities for new landowners is important for SotA's long-term health.

Here are some possible suggestions and I hope the community will add others as well:

- @Lord British declares a monthly special raffle for the landless. Only those without deeds could buy tickets in this raffle.
    - Limit the number of raffle tickets purchased per account (perhaps not needed if we continue to limit the number of deeds you can win)
    - Create a quest where the reward is a PA deed. How about visiting EVERY zone and NPC town? That would be a worthy, and fun, quest. It would also tamp down the complaints of RMT PTW for lot deeds.
    - Limit the total number of PA and POT deeds an account can have (I personally dislike this idea but it should be on the table for discussion)
    - Limit just the number of PA deeds an account can have similar to the current limit of three claimed NPC town deeds per account.
    - Others?

Edit - I see this has already changed but I think the thoughts above are still relevant. Cheers!

2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.