am i considderd less of a player in shorud since i dont pvp ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morgoth redbeard, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

I'm strictly PVE and I'm fine with the 25% bonus for PVP. Before the bonus, if I played alone I could get at least 50% more XP and resources than if I played multiplayer, and at least 100% more than if I played multiplayer PVP. (That last one is an estimate, since I've never done it. It is based on the assumed cost in time and resources of occasionally being killed.)

I see the bonus as a partial step towards redressing that glaring imbalance. Still, I think it was a bit cheeky of Chris to tie the bonus to PVP, instead of having one bonus for multiplayer and another (added) bonus for PVP, but I can't say I'm surprised. :)

It's what he has planned for R37 that I'm concerned bout - but that's a whole other topic.

Beli, Numa, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  2. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Only the future can tell and we can only hope they listen to reason. :)

Acred likes this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I think the imbalance could be adjusted with different ways and not with removing the incentive to play in any other mode than in MPO with PvP.
    Guild Wars 2 shows how gathering of resources can work in a MMO without having to compete for resources. As for the risk of playing in PvP mode: The 25% bonus will lure players into PvP who are not prepared for it and who actually don't want to to do PvP but still want to have the 25 %. It's luring lambs to the slaughter.

Acred likes this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Those six pages are the best example with what is wrong with pvp in SotA.
    It is pointless at the moment. It has no meaning. At all.
    25% bonus won't change that.
    Yes we can see more people with pvp turned on. But they don't pvp!
    And even if they do it is still pointless.

KuBaTRiZeS and Khaza like this.
  5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

No one is making you PvP.....that is a choice. Just play the game how you like and leave PvP to the PvPers it has 0 effect on your game.

6. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

That is what he wants, to leave the PvP to the PvP'ers, the thing is the pointless +25% PvE bonus they give to someone who is supposed to be PvP'ing. Give those that flag up some other sort of bonus that has nothing to do with PvE since they are supposed to be PvP'ing and not PvE'ing.

FrostII likes this.
  7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I would say those 6 pages are an example of what is wrong with the SotA community. Every single time something is suggested or done for PvP the delicate snowflakes cry foul. They cry that they are being excluded.......despite that their play style is their choice. They cry that too much time has been spent on PvP......when in fact virtually no time has been spent on it. This is a community of exclusion and has been for a long time, if you don't think and act in the group hug way then you are wrong.

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Goodness.... why don't you tell us how you really feel .....:eek:
    Oh, and who exactly are the "delicate snowflakes" to whom you refer ? :confused:

Leelu likes this.
  9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You do know PvP isn't really just 1 v 1.........and PvPers also have to get XP in order to level. It is risk vs reward.

10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm tempted, but I feel the community would tremble in a corner in shock if I said what I really thought! :p

11. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Oh, but we are waiting in breathless anticipation....

3devious and Leelu like this.
  12. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Leave PvP to PvP'ing and Exp to Exping. There is other ways to have the PvP'ers to actually do PvP without telling them to go fight mobs. ;)

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No I don't tremble lol well I am safe on the forums ;). I admire you for staying here and always staying strong in your convictions. I agree non pvp should not jump in and interrupt pvp discussion if they are not pvpers. I try not to do that even though I'm talking now. Sure I have ideas but they are not on the actual pvp logistics and system, they are just things to do all over the game is needed imo. So carry on and non pvpers consider it is important to get pvp reasonable in this game and a non pvper does not know what that looks like well imo, and there are many versions of what that looks like too. I truly hope you can find a way to work it out. Oh one opinion xp is not it ;)

Beli, Numa and Khaza like this.
  14. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

It's great to have you here!

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Oh I agree. But that's a different beast in my opinion.
    What we have here is an idea of pvp that directly visits us from the 90s.
    It's a straight, flat and pointless in ya face version of pvp. It's pvp for people with names like facemelt0r.
    It. Sucks. They could double my xp and I still would have zero interest to play it.
    It is boring, mindless and insane waste of time. It is just the next part of the endless grind.
    And all bonus xp are not going to change that.
    I am sure there are Puritans out there that want to disagree.
    I have got a message for you guys: welcome to frigging 2016 where this kind of pvp isn't even old-school anymore. It's from the mmo Stone age!
    If we want a successful pvp we need to give every play style the chance to participate. We need more than beating the sh** out of each other.
    And NO creative player pvp events DON'T count towards an interesting pvp system!!!
    There are a ton of good ideas in the pvp forum. I am not going to repeat them.
    /nerdrage

16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You are welcome.

Thadeus Crook likes this.
  17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You don't get it nor do you understand. Better leave PvP talk and mechanics to PvPers.

18. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

In my eyes it is you that don't understand or is just ignorant and think that PvP'ers should have everything just because they are "better" then the rest. Giving a boost to Exp is in no way the solution, it is just upsetting the Non-PvP'ers. And as I wrote earlier, I am a seasoned PvP'er and see this as just dumb. They better come up with another solution before regular people who don't PvP gives up the hope and look for a game elsewhere.

(Now I can hear @E n v y saying, "Just let them leave I don't care, I want to grief lowbies and make the gaming experience in SotA as horrible as possible.")

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Sadly EVERYTHING to do with PvP upsets the non-pvpers. It wouldn't matter what is done they will be upset. They will be upset when the new scene goes in because they see themselves as being excluded and will probably demand a non-pvp replica of the scene. PvPers have been given very little in this game, we have been thrown a bone and it is encouraging more PvPers to leave the Powergaming in single/friends mode and switch to multiplayer.......its working.

PvP needs loads and loads of work, but you know what? if 25% extra xp helps then it isn't a bad thing!

20. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Next will be Politics, Guild War etc. This is going to be a virtual world after all ;) Just took a lot longer than it had to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.