am i considderd less of a player in shorud since i dont pvp ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morgoth redbeard, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercster

mercster Avatar

YER GONNA PAY FOR THIS!

Armar likes this.
  2. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Avatar

There are many ways to play Shroud, just as there are many ways to die.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

We should have started with that in the first place.

Vallo Frostbane likes this.
  4. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

But the +25% doesn't help PvP, it just makes Non-PvP'ers flag up just to get killed by a PvP'er. Usually a griefer...

If the people want PvP, they should stay out of Friends Online mode, else they are not really interested in PvP'ing. And the +25% bonus might be a bone, but it is way wrong to go that way since it do upset the other side... Why should the PvP'ers be offered the mainseat at the dinnertable just because they are screaming so loudly? No, they really need to go some other way about this and remove any bonuses until they really have something to offer that doesn't imbalance the game for Non-PvP'ers. About the new scene I have no problem with it being a PvP-zone, but they should also not force Non-PvP'ers to have to go there with quests leading there.

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

It has got more PvPers out into multiplayer. If a non-pvper chooses to flag PvP that is up to them. Killing a noob isn't griefing.......it's a beautiful thing, those who die and have the right attitude will get better......those who slink back to their safespace without the flag and cry foul will remain the noob for eternity.

Audacity likes this.
  6. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

The thing is, why wasn't the PvP'ers out in MO from the start? If they wasn't really interested in PvP'ing and instead stayed in FO there was a reason that has nothing to do with Exp, and by giving the Exp-bonus they should have done it to ALL players not just the PvP'ers. I mean, what harm would it have done to make EVERYONE get that bonus if they were in MO?

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

PvPers take greater risk than bog standard PvErs.....no reason there shouldn't be a reward for that ..... no reason at all. Once again it isn't hurting you, it isn't offending you, you paid for your game you play it your way. Whether you like it or not that 25% XP has revived PvP enough to make it more interesting.

That 25% XP isn't exclusive either......ANYONE can have it if they have the minerals to take on that extra risk.

MrBlight likes this.
  8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

This would ultimately make SPO and FPO obsolete and tell outright that SotA is no longer a Selective Multiplayer game but a MMO. And those who play in any mode other then OPO are players second class.
    There shouldn't be any bonus to playing in any mode. All should be equal. There shouldn't even be an incentive to lure players into PvP. Shouldn't PvP itself make players who like this mode want to flag themselves? If they want to take the risk, then so be it. This is part of flagging for PvP. If you want to to fight other players then there is the risk that you get beaten. Why should anyone do PvP if he doesn't want to? Why are PvP players so obsessed with having players flagging for PvP who really don't want to do PvP?

Duke Gréagóir and Khaza like this.
  9. Numa

Numa Avatar

Just stack them.

+10% for being in multiplayer
    and another +15% if you're in multiplayer then turn the PvP flag on

10. Numa

Numa Avatar

#1 Yes
    #2 Not using decks yet, my bad
    #3 Yes , picked up the Chaos tree which I wouldn't have if I just wanted to PvE
    #4 Yes
    #5 I'm not sure I'll be earning more but gathering materials and hunting mobs while looking over your shoulder is more fun imo:)

Aribeth likes this.
  11. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Khaza likes this.
  12. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

reward from pvp shood come from pvping and shood be made in to a way so there no bonus for ress killing and so so it cant be abused
    but wen you give pvpers a advantage from normal pve players wen it comes to pveing its just flat out not fair

pve players want to be treated like upstanding players like evry one we shood not have to feal like we are nothing just because we deside not to pvp

Duke Gréagóir, Khaza and Scanphor like this.
  13. Khaza

Khaza Avatar

Why stacking, just give everyone in MO the same bonus, since it gives the game more life.
    Reward for PvP'ing is allready in the PvP itself, they actually get out more from the game just by playing in PvP mode, they have the option to fight eachother, that alone should be a reward.

Tari Silimsure and Veronique like this.
  14. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

This!!! A good portion of my friends list are made up of people who I met after they killed me cause I whispered to them afterwards asking for tips. My advice is not to take it personally if someone kills you.

Now if they are rez killing you I agree that's when griefing comes in. I've seen several high level pvpers offer their assistance to folks who are truly being griefed (not just lost a battle). Give them a shout.

15. Tari Silimsure

Tari Silimsure Avatar

Well if this is a way to drive people to multi ...EPIC FAIL. Offer the same 25% just for being in Multi and we will want to stay Multi. :)

Duke Gréagóir and Khaza like this.
  16. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

It's not about multiplayer, it's just an attempt to get more players for Envy and friends to slaughter and rob. Many of them have paid up to 5 digits for this sandbox and if they don't get what they want they'll take their credit cards and leave. So when they demand more sheep, Port scrambles to get more sheep.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

What is your char name? can you flag PvP please?

Thanks

MrBlight and Audacity like this.
  18. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I'm out until Single player starts getting the some attention. Sadly SP enthusiasts don't look to have enough financial impact to sway the devs, unlike other lobbies.

Pickley and iansmellios like this.
  19. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

The attitude of some folks in this thread who consider themselves different or elite as they pretty much do only PVP is pretty nasty. I had hoped to avoid this when I bought SOTA with its mainly mature audience.

As a few folks have tried to say, the best PVP implementations incorporate it into the overall game concept and make it fun and rewarding and for everyone to enjoy.

If rabid and hardcore PVP is your bag, then I doubt you are playing the right game. My understanding is that SOTA intends to be a social, story driven world, rich in Lore, crafting and culture.

And to the elite PVP player who suggested that PVE players should just suck up the PVP bonus and get back to what they do 'just grinding levels and exp', the PVE player tends to do so in order to enable their character to advance through the game's story and to access further rich content in order to have fun, not just for the sake of it or because they're too noob or afraid to PVP, but to enjoy the game content they came for.

dp_dropout, Urwendor, Acred and 6 others like this.
  20. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I have not read this whole thread but still want to give my two cents on the subject. Forget the 25% bonus. Just do not allow PVP flagged people to play SPO. Friends only (if flagged) should be reserved for PVP zones only. Once you flag PVP, you are forced into MPO. Once flagged you cannot log into SPO for perhaps a day.

iansmellios likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.