Amber Raine, of Avatars Radio, is "Feeling Improved" she CHERISHES your well wishes! Update pg 9!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brazen Spirituality, Jul 7, 2017.

?

How much has Amber Raine affected your life, in game or out?

1. She made me smile

45.7%
  2. She made me cry

10.0%
  3. She made my day

28.6%
  4. She helped me find my way

15.0%
  5. She helped me find a new friend (or more)

17.1%
  6. She made me want to dance

22.1%
  7. She introduced me to Avatars Radio, and opened a whole new world!

39.3%
  8. She was a good friend to me

20.0%
  9. All of the above, and more!

45.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Avatar

I hope you get well soon.

2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I remember one of the first times I listened to Avatars radio I was listening to you (probably replayed recording) making a ~2 minute statement about how people should be nice to each other (been 1.5 years so I don't remember it exactly) and I was actually totally amazed at your comments and thought to myself how it was one of the best things I had ever heard like that. The fact that I still remember it to this day says something. I thought you should take it on the road as a motivational speeker! I will also thank you again for taking my requests and playing Rush songs :)

3. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

So you don't know me, Ms. Raine (I'm quite a lone wolf in SoTA who plays MPO but never groups), but reading the responses of this thread, all of the outpouring of love and support, and I selfishly hope you come back so I get a chance to meet you in-game, you sound really awesome.

I can't begin to imagine what it's like to be in constant pain and unable to do the things you love, and what that can do to your mental and emotional state, so I hope you keep getting these well-wishes and that they remind you that you DO matter. It's awful that you may be afraid you'll get lost in the healthcare system; I know we can often hold doctors and healthcare professionals to a higher standard because they deal with something so important, but lots of them fall victim to their own humanity and simply aren't good at everything. They might be great doctors, but sometimes need a swift verbal kick in the rear to remind them that patients are not just a number or a case study, but people with lives and feelings and hopes and dreams. I hope your caregiver lends strength when yours wanes and can serve as that kicking foot and keeps those doctors working for you, respecting you and treating you as you deserved to be treated: as someone who is loved by many and gives to so many, but is currently in need of her own care. I hope the doctors give back to you what you have obviously given to so many here.

My well-wishes regarding your pain, your health, your sanity and your treatment are with you and your loved ones. And my thoughts of verbal hind-kicking are with your doctors should they ever even think of dropping the ball ;)

4. Lumpygravy

Lumpygravy Avatar

Miss you Amber.. you always get me to smile!

5. Brazen Spirituality

Brazen Spirituality Avatar

I am missing you so much dear lady! I keep pestering everyone for updates, others pester me for updates of which sadly I have nothing new to share.

The other night Golden and JakDaw did my sound check and issued my license to DJ again, but it feels sadly hollow without you there. We have another release party coming up, and I am sad to think you will not be there for me to ask you to dance. You are my favorite gal in all of the lands of Britannia!

PLEASE keep us ALL posted when and if you can. And in the mean time, know how much we love and miss you in every way. And also please know that if you needed an infusion or transplant or anything at all which would help you to get better, we would put together a drive (for blood, or bone marrow, or kidney etc) seeking out your best matches, we would all come together to do so in a New York Minute! (I have two kidneys, you can have one, for sure!) But as it stands, until you can give us a direction to point our efforts, we stand at the ready, (virtually) holding one another's hands, sending you all of our love and healing thoughts!

Please come back to us as soon as you are able, even if for just a tiny while at a time as you recover, so we can give you all our love and best wishes directly.

<3 Pamela

6. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Hi Amber

On behalf of the ones who can't post here anymore i am typing you the wellbeing whishes of them for you in this thread:

@rune_74

I do not know if you will see this, hopefully the ones on the main forum will post a link to this in your thread:

I just wanted to say i am sorry to hear what you are going through. We had a view good conversations and one of the regulars to treat me kindly after the smear job that went up after the hole banning etc.

I hope you get better soon. Best wishes old friend.

@Raleigh-St-Clair

I saw this thread and I can only hope ( and it does seem the case) that the real life people around her are taking good care of her at such a hard time.
    Thoughts with her and her family, both real and online.

@InsaneMembrane

Best whishes to you Amber.

@Siammang

My prayers are with her

@Panavyn

/bow Best wishes to her, praying for you Amber

The link;
    https://www.reddit.com/r/shroudoftheavatar/comments/6pclww/amber_raine/?st=J5J3DWLM&sh=dd3190fb

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  7. Acred

Acred Avatar

@Amber Raine , love for you chimes through these pages and beyond - all the way up to Canada.

Let it resonate through you and add it to your own mantras. May it ease you and heal you.

<3 love for you
    <3 sending love to you
    <3 remembering your love for us all

I feel stronger now; don't you?

8. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Hi Amber,

I am so very sorry to hear that you are not well. I miss Ember's temper tantrums and your playing "Chaos is a Ladder" and "Judas Priest" for me whenever I joined you in chat on Avatar's Radio. You always made me feel more special then I deserved and I hope you know that you are deservedly more special to us all. Thanks for all the love and kindness you have shown me and the community. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Be strong and get well. I look forward to hearing you and Ember back on the Radio soon.

All my love,

The Mad Hermit

9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Oh you're special alright...a special headcase! ;)

Good seeing you "back" Hermit :D

10. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

For Amber Raine;

I long ago left this game and community behind, but for most of the times I can remember it feeling alive and well and perhaps worth believing in, you were usually there at the centre of the events somewhere. As such, I had a quick rummage through my old screen shots knowing you'd be in those too somewhere, and you were as I expected, and as I always remembered you; surrounded by love and affection, and I hope you remain so today. And I thought I'd put up those shots up in the hopes you'll take some joy from seeing how wide the scale of people you touched in passing is.

Although I was never invited to this party, I was just wandering past, noticed and then sneaked in; I wonder where you actually were at the time of this shot? Perhaps you can recall!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know the names of any alt characters you might have had, so I don't know if you're in any of my other shots, but here's the full set if you want to flip through and see.

(Post edited as apparently I could see the images but no one else can? Let me know if the full Onedrive folder isn't visible.)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lovely to see you Nemo. Wishing you all the best

and Of Course Mr Mad Mad Hermit or @TheMadHermit all my best to you as well.

And here's hoping the news is that Amber is feeling better and better and how could she not with all the vibes being sent her way. Feel better missy AmberRaine.

edited typos

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  12. Brazen Spirituality

I have heard that she has had surgery on her wrists (Carpal tunnel I think) and that went well. I know it is not much news, but every little bit helps, I say.
    We love you Amber, Get Well Soon! *hugs hugs hugs hugs*

13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Wishing for the best.

14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I don't know if that's her issue but...

:oops: I've had that surgery... and they are not all created equal in their outcome :( Yet with some life adjustments through good habits, it can be adjusted to where a person can become a chatbot like I am :D So there is hope after that surgery :)

:rolleyes: Because all surgeries aren't equal in their outcome, it's for this reason that I have always searched for ways and advocated for our game to find ways of keeping all our game's "Whack-A-Mole/ness" down to a minimum, or made a way that our game can still be enjoyed by the finger challenged player.

Auto-Swing is only one of the steps which can lessen the players needed buttons for character management, forums blogging less is another ;) which is why I sometimes tend to come and go from our forums in less or more responses :p Text chatting less ingame is another o_O It's not easy, but it can be done :)~Time Lord~

15. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I'm bumping this thread not only because thinking of @Amber Raine is a most welcome distraction to all of the covfefe that we're wading through. The energy she has brought to our community has more of an impact than what ever may be getting us down. She is one of the reasons even the most self-absorbed of us notice other people as more than one of our fellow avatars. I'd rather know how she's doing than the answer to any question that could be come up with for the telethon.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Indeed! It's her spiritual energy which is such a great and rare commodity that truly is currently missing. All endeavors that she touches or has ever touched owe a great deal to how she embraces our community.
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

17. Godra

Godra Avatar

Get well soon @Amber Raine and hope you will find your way back home to New Britannia, because SOTA misses you!!!

18. Brazen Spirituality

NEW NEWS:

It seems the grapevine I am dependant upon to update you all has some broken branches... but here we go at long last!

Penned by her caregiver.

My apology for not not having updated ya all on how Amber is. Amber is always thinking of ya all and asked me daily to update you. Again, my apologies. I know you are alll thinking of her and sending much well wishes and love through the forum . Amber is experiencing dizziness and seizures multiple times throughout the day, There is no warning they just happen. She is still in immense pain the meds are not helping like they should . Amber has much difficulty with her hands a nd arms as they feel like they have been dipped in hot lava. So, she is still unable to type any messages. It is definitely not carpal tunnel But it is severe nerev damage.There are 3 neurologists seeing her right now they are still running more tests and we await the results. Unfortunately, they can only offer symptomatic treatment until all the tests are in. Even the seizure meds are not as effective as they should be. Please continue to send much love and healing Amber does see them and I read them to her. Love Ya all Amber sends much love to ya all and is frustrated that she is unable to be there.

Numa, Jens_T, Time Lord and 9 others like this.
  19. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

20. Brazen Spirituality

Relaying the reports we get on AR's Discord channel to this thread is the very least I can do. I would gladly print out every message feom here and bring them to her myself personally, and relay her responses back to here if only I could!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.