An odd request. Bring back character wipes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mimner, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I have long railed for skill caps. I also would have really liked factions. NPC factions that you could join if you are a loner and play along with the story line. It seems to me that everything I would have expected in this game is the opposite of what port does. I honestly did my best to try to bring these points to light years ago only to get laughed out of the building.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm not saying they will wipe but they absolutely could wipe if they needed to. And things bought with rmt could be labeled account bound or whatever it takes. So many doubting thomases ;) There's always a way. The only thing irretrievable is services paid for rmt like skill raising help etc. I would not be surprised if there is not even a way to save owned lots, but anyway I don't really expect it to happen. I wouldn't mind a fresh start myself when the game launches but I did not do any rmt to speak of but I do know people who did give lots that would need to be labeled account bound or re-given to them. ;)

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  3. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

Yes, please.

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

No wipe , no cap, but a good decay system that allows you only to keep a handfull of skills at 100 if you grind a lot, keep 1 or 2 skills at GM if you play moderate and keep everything between 80 and 100 if you are casual.
    Decay need to be more painfull and limiting.
    But until they support massive grind and powergaming there will be always disappointed new and casual gamers.
    Most Players today are 30y and older and therefore they should limit powergamers and grrinding to find a balance between players.

If you want to see the full content you are forced to visit competetive PvP Zones where PKs are around hunting players.
    These PK are most of the time the grinding powergamers whos 1st goal is to max out and dominate.
    This is allways destroying fun of others and just supporting powergaming and exploiting the system (in a sense of optimizing over immersing, best build over the build you like more but isn't efficient).

If they don't stop this attitude to gaming they will loose casual gamers and with that a big audience of players.

Game can be hard and long termed skill developing related, but if they don't find a balance between casuals and powergamers these players will always rant the game.

Saesa likes this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I don't see what the issue is really. If one wants to wipe a character, just delete it. It doesn't take a server wipe to achieve this. If the point is to set everyone else back so that one person can experience that, no thanks!

King Robert likes this.
  6. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

I would simply like to see a game that isn't so polarizing. I recently tried to post a review on the game via Steam and only got an hour or two before the negative responses came in. One response was from a person who had played 1,000+ hours.

My concern is for PR for the game.

I understand that the game is still in a state of development, however it is also persistent, so it's a bit of a struggle to defend broken mechanics when the game is "live" during early access.

My purpose in pledging to the game was to honor my brother who has passed away, so if I don't get anything else from the game, I'm set.

But a LOT of people here have spent a great deal of money, and I don't want them to lose out on a full and thriving world - the world they literally paid to have.

I guess I'm just struggling. I want to believe Darkstarr and RG have this master plan to publicize the game and heal its broken reputation on steam and the online community... but I'm honestly not seeing much that would encourage me in that direction.

I don't know. What do you guys think? I see a rather limited population with no signs of booming, and seeing "hasn't logged on since July 2016" on my friends list in game.

#discouraged.

7. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

This is true. However something has to be done.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Something has to be done about what?

Hornpipe likes this.
  9. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

I, for one, absolutely love the current system. Soft cap so there's always progression to be done. Very reasonable decay system. And the whole thing works since even if you have GM everything, you're still limited to what you can put in a single deck; you only get more versatility in what role you can do, but can still only do one at a time.

Barugon likes this.
  10. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

For those of us who waited to play well over the time they said no more character wipes... No thank you. I'm not in the habit of wasting time and effort when I work 40+ hours a week doing something, only to have it reset. That is why I waited... and like I said well after (only been playing 6 months) to start playing and level a character. That would be a clear bait and switch, and not something I would take well. Left the last game I was playing for similar,,, and a nice little class action in my wake,

Hornpipe and Balandar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.