An opportunity to help sell this game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kal, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kal

Kal Avatar

i think there is an opportunity right now to help sell this game.

recently archeage launched and it has persistent land and housing but what happened is everyone paid 50 dollars to 150 dollars to buy one of the packages that let them play the game 4 days before actual launch. people paid to be able to play on the 12th when the official launch of the game was the 16th.

so what happened is that there are tons of disappointed people who thought they would pay this price and easily get some of the good land for a house or a farm. but what they really bought was a lotto ticket and then they got beat by kids who played beta 12 hours a day and practiced getting the items needed to build their house before anyone else.

if people would post on their forums and explain how cool shroud of the avatar is where you can buy the type of house you want and plot of land you want and don't have to worry about someone else taking that land from you then i think we can get a lot of them interested in shroud of the avatar.

the ideal way to do it is to post in existing threads about how that sort of lotto system of placement is nowhere near as nice as the system in shroud of the avatar for placing and getting exactly what you pay for.

believe me there are a lot of adults who like to play games and making lots of money from their regular job who would love such a system as we have here and probably don't even know this game is coming out.

well just an idea but if i was developing this game, i would pay some guys to do this. this is your exact target audience. people interested in a sandbox game and people who got screwed by their lousy implementation of housing.

well make of this post what you will. i just wanted to give the suggestion.

here link to the main forums

http://forums.archeagegame.com/forumdisplay.php?2-General-Discussion

DavenRock [MGT] likes this.
  2. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I wouldn't want players from another game coming here to try to steal players. Doing the same is unethical imo. If you are a current player there, then you have the right to post & say your going to go to sota, else not.

Having said that, I'll play there during my free time haha. Soon to post??

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

@OP, the spirit of your post is good. But I agree with Sir Dorham, it's not a good practice to get into (attempting to stir things up on another forum).

You're right that SOTA offers a more stable environment to acquire land, but it's also more costly and will require you to select the plot you want based on pledge groups. I think the SOTA system is much more organized and fair than what I've seen from Archeage. I also believe it's more valuable because of the limited and unique nature of the land/housing. For example, SOTA is probably not planning to "add more servers" to create more supply. In fact, the devs have been saying from the beginning that land will be limited to a finite supply.

That word will spread over time, organically.

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

You guys in your own little world :p

Of course they would add another player town if there was land missing...

of course archeage should give credits, wow should give credits, EA should give credits to king Gariott.

the fact that they don't is stealing players from him, I myself am LUCKY that an amazing freeshard owner with a head on his shoulders sent me an e-mail to present me this game... he said he didn't get credit for it, any credit or thanks, but I'd bet he brought THOUSANDS to this endeavor who would have never heard of it because we scared most of the loud mouths away with our "sims like" rules and political correctedness.

Enough said, your perspective is lacking, if not worlds upside out.

5. adaamhimself

adaamhimself Avatar

I'm not sure that a system the privileges wealthy backers is necessarily better. Better if you have money, yes, but not for people who can't afford virtual land.

Dean478 and DavenRock [MGT] like this.
  6. Garth of Izar

Garth of Izar Avatar

Kind of funny, but I just heard about this game TODAY! Been a Ultima fan for ages so I am kinda surprised and is kinda funny how I heard of it.

Was watching a launch trailer for Wasteland 2 checking to see if I wanted to buy it and saw a quote in the video from Richard about being excited about playing it. At the end of the quote it said "How are we ever going to get Shroud of the Avatar done now?"

I was like... Shroud who? What?... where?, looked the game up and pledged! Yay! Can't wait to check out the new build next week with you all!

7. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

I have to be honest here guys. I originally found the 'Ultimate RPG' Kickstarter through the Ultima Online Forever mobile site. They gave me the heads up that RG was creating another game. If it weren't for EA keeping tabs on it, I may not have been here as early as I was. It's all about catching the specific individual, and letting them know of their possibilities. There are certainly people out there who have no idea this even exists and if we do nothing then there is NO benefit. Yet if we do spread the word as much as possible, then more people may find their home yet.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I will try to find the to try archeage tonight. Till now I've been busy, ...combing my hair..omg, I'm bald! What happened??
    Guess I can find the time now..

9. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Have you really looked into the Archeage game.
    The style and open world to fly over.
    The Shop selling bonus items credits to buy in game gold.
    Player looks and weapons does SotA need 20 foot long giant swords,
    It may be a sandbox game in name only but its a 90% PvP world, not many safe zones so consensual PvP is not what they want.
    Most players are F2P and P2W types.
    The combat system on SotA would never satisfy those players.
    SotA is not even a game yet at least let it get to open beta.

10. Asgrim Snorrison

Asgrim Snorrison Avatar

I saw archage and thought I would take a look. After about two minutes of hunting for the y axis mouse invert setting I asked and was told they didn't have one... And a Google search confirmed this. Uninstalled and never looked back.

11. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Garth of Izar!

12. stile

stile Avatar

We bid ye welcome!

13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

If you build it (right), they will come.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.