Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Anapa encounter - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Release 46 Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

For drama, the big last bad guy usually says something, so just fighting him is a real lack of drama/anti-climactic.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

He has an entire script. You must have engaged him in combat (maybe by AOEing the room?) before talking to him.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I see. I don't have any aoe, probably just shot him while battling the others.

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't remember him talking either.

Because 99% of the game appears to work this way, attack everything on site. This is probably one of those areas where it would be better to pull the player into the room and set up a mandatory conversation before the fight.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Lum the Mad please note that 4/4 of us playing yesterday didn't know he has dialog. This is just feedback, FYI. I've got one more friend going through soon, I'll let you know if he talks or not.

It is probably because we were super careful about the fighting, wanting to start it from afar and get Samael into the mix first so we don't get killed. I didn't die down there, and neither did one of the other two, two repeatedly did, so by that time they were being incredibly careful, going into the area, backing out, right click "Have Samael attack."

If you guys find out his dialog is only being seen by a minority of players, perhaps have him sitting down in a throne to start with, that will be way more apparent. Or have him only have a couple guards, and when they are killed once the dialog happens, have him call a few more.

Gix likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I didn't know he had dialog but I did that quest part months ago.

7. Lum the Mad

The undead in that room are not hostile until you attack or he does.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I'm pretty sure there is 1 swordsman that is hostile, he chased me all the way out. So when I went back I naturally assumed that the rest were.

You might want to check them since I won't have the chance to again.

If not, I still tried to get them from afar, and it doesn't sound like I'm the only one. I'm just reporting my experience, and telling me how it's supposed to be doesn't change the experience that happened.

If that guy is hostile and you fix him, that might help, but another way to broadcast that they aren't hostile would be to put a couple right at the entrance, so when you come around the corner it is super obvious that they are looking right at you, in range, and not attacking.

Gix likes this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok, I've got 2 videos that show aggro monsters in that room, so I've filed a bug report. Maybe that will solve everything.

Numa likes this.
  10. Lum the Mad

Yeah, there shouldn't be and that will be fixed.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  11. Gix

Gix Avatar

I don’t think fixing the aggro will be enough.

See, as a stealth character, the whole point is to not get aggroed. I just thought they were easier to sneak on. I cleared about half the room before I realized that the name tags were changing colour whenever I would engage them in combat. Even then, that would only work for players who have name tags displayed.

It also doesn’t help that the interact cursor doesn’t show on either Anapa nor Sequenna... so, by the UI, you don’t know that you can talk to them.

Anapa needs to shout some dialogue the moment you turn around the corner before entering the room. Something along the lines of “What the hell do you want? Explain yourself foolish mortal!”

Another problem is that it’s also not clear that you have to fight him either. After I talked to him, I ran around to room looking for ways to open that poison-looking vortex (which I assumed was a portal, not a doorway).

According to the dialogue updates, he gets angry. Okay. So? I might not like what he has to say and I know that I have to stop him but... oddly enough combat was the last thing on my mind at that point...

... especiallly since it was already (crudely) established that I don’t have to fight the undead in that room.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.