1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Ancient Orange Dragon resist

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Fetid SirDidy, Mar 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

Cool mob - too bad i can't do any damage to it. Can you bring this beasts fire resist down closer to that of an Orange Pit Dragon so that I can actually hurt it? At the moment no amount of fire debuff stacking have any affect.

Orange pit has enough resist to make it still take a good amount of time to kill. With the increased HP of the Ancient should be a good fight.

Unless some mobs are intended to be off limits (undamageable) to some folks, can you consider this or take a look?

Thank you.

@Elgarion

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Didn’t Chris a while back make each of the different Dragons have different resistance, would then assume this one is highly resistant to fire but then should be very vulnerable to Water?

3. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

But is there one that is immune to arrows?

But maybe you're right and i should try my weak water skills and see if he is vulnerable. :)

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Probably not. Just the elemental resistance.

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

lol , try being death mage and unable to fight any undead because of no way to heal :) they did at least allow us to finally hurt undead, but still cant heal off them so 2/3 of the game pure death can't do. the Ancients are suppose to be much more resistant than the smaller ones. that said there are many mobs that are resistant to many things out there but none are 100% resistant to physical unlike that of magic.

MrMuffen and Chiasma like this.
  6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I think any mob magic resistance should be defeated with debuffs from a magic spec'd player.

Fetid SirDidy and Xee like this.
  7. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I agree on this, a spec player should have stronger debuffs allowing you to bring down its def enough that you can hit it harder. that would than allow for obsidian's to be hit with magic perhaps. if not than we need to learn to hit with sticks and anks lol.

Fetid SirDidy and FBohler like this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Maybe those when (if) those new episode 2 skills come, they'll consider adding some more debuff spells to each tree.

Fetid SirDidy and Xee like this.
  9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

While getting new skills is pretty exciting, I'm quite worried about the possible imbalance that they can induce.
    This imbalance would easily lead to another nerf spree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.