Animal Taming

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by scorn, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorn

scorn Avatar

Hello i know that taming is gonna be in in sota but what kinda skill it gonna be commands or a deck with a pet, will one be able to stable a pet, Will it be a skill under crafting or a new skill tree,
    Just a few questions

Scorn

Arianna likes this.
  2. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

No commands, no deck. Just an auto attack for ep1 by the sounds of it. Maybe after release they can get something in in a patch.
    Taming will be part of the forestry profession for now. It will also require a taming collar for some purpose.

Arianna likes this.
  3. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Yeah I'd like to hear more about how taming will work and what we will be able to tame in game.

Like Isycle said, We know it's in the forestry skill tree, leather workers make collars, alchemists enchant them. We don't know if we need different collars for different beasts or if there are just a handful of different collars with various better chances to tame. I think Isycle is right, I don't believe it will be just auto attacks (Or atleast I hope not) I would expect to see skills that the monsters can execute every so often, but we don't command it, it is auto in that regard (Like dragons and demons in UO had some magic available to them, dragons could breath fire, spiders poisoned).

Original plan was you'd have to attack the beast and get their health low enough to tame, people didn't like the sound of that so they changed it... no need to hurt them anymore.

Lord Spaz, Margard and Arianna like this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Its a good question though. Could pet skills be worked into the deck of runes. Or will existing buff skills and heal skills also heal your tamed animal?

5. scorn

scorn Avatar

i hope they have skills you can level up like they did in uo that was cool. gonna be a bit more difficult in third person to tame if it's like uo taming. wonder if there gonna be healing like bandages, that's how i killed a lot of mobs was with my pets and for me this was a good way to do it.

kinda off topic .Wonder if will get provoke and peacemaking ....

6. Margard

Margard Avatar

Would like to hear about how taming will work as well

7. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

Loved playing my tamer, mage in UO. I hope they do it well in SOTA.

8. makasouleater

makasouleater Avatar

The only thing i really like about UO taming, was that the pets all had different stats, and colors. I hope they add that to this, it gets rather boring, if all people have the same pets, with the same stats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.