Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Animation rate too low...

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by mike11, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Hey, I didn't see another thread so I thought I'd voice up about the animations.

I thought in general the rate at which animations was really slow.

I'm assuming that it will get getter because the Avatars look very much 'stick-ish' when they move and run, etc.

My general estimation of the animations puts them at a rate well under a rate that is 'acceptable' for animated art to fool the viewer into thinking a bunch of pictures is actually a moving object.

Well that's is probably just a polish issue, but I am sure they can dial that up later on.

peace

Doppelganger and alexmreis like this.
  2. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Also, it would be cool if we could get some basic player-player emotes pretty please.

things like

player puts hand on other player
    player shakes hands with other player
    player hugs other player
    player ... other player

What ever is possible, I think it could be cool.
    cheers

3. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

The animations are still pretty much the wireframe stuff for now (they did give us some cool emotes to play with ;), but we probably won't see the actual real motion stuff until we get into the combat and other systems for testing. I'm really interested to see how weapons look in motion, and how things like blocking, movement, angle, etc all affect outcomes.

I also admit, I wanna see heroic poses and the like my character to show off shiny cool armor and clothing models, along with more actual roleplaying emotes. It's a side nitpick, but I -really- liked how UO's conversation system worked. I'm hoping we see more of a balance between that and the current text box type. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.