Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Another Highvale Healer problem

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Kara Brae, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

4/29/2016 9:39 AM
    Title: Another Highvale Healer problem
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: I saw a bug report about the Highvale Healer, but my experience was different. For the first time I accompanied the healer all the way to the dying knight, making sure to stay close enough that I didn't stop following him. It was odd that he walked at a snail's pace until we got near the bottom of the stairs. Then he said he could see the knight (although the Knight was not at all within sight) and started running up the stairs. At the position you can see in the screenshot, the healer simply stopped moving and did nothing. I didn't know what to do, so I waited a bit, then spoke to him, but his dialog was the same as at the beginning, as if I had never spoken to him. I then went to Gawain and spoke to him, but he didn't react to the word Healer. I am stymied.

The only positive experience was that the healer now reacts to the words "dying knight" and you don't need to say "Gawain".

EDIT:
    After writing this, I moved away from the healer and he started running away towards his initial position. I quickly targeted him with the reticle and spoke to him. I decided to say "Gawain" and he responded saying that he had done what he could (see 2nd screenshot).

This was not a good experience for me - I'm sure something could be done to improve it. The Healer should do or say something when he reaches the Knight (he did not even go up to the knight, but stopped quite a distance from him), and I should not have to know that I have to speak to him again and say "Gawain".

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 GPU RAM: 3020
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.405.Date.04.28.16
    Area: novia_r6_hills02_highvalevillage
    Loc: (113.5, 51.2, -189.1)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Moiseyev Trueden and smack like this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

After the next patch his perfomance should be improved.

Kara Brae likes this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, I've had this exact same experience and /bugged it before too. The most painful part of this is the rubber band that pulls him back if you let him walk too far ahead. And yeah, that zombie walk speed of his that doesn't even match our walking speed. I ended up just using /follow on him in one play session.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.