Another new player, some questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElricVandor, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElricVandor

ElricVandor Avatar

Hey there!
    I wouldn't ask for it though, or expect anything more, because I am already totally grateful and indebted to you for what you did. I know there will be another wipe and that the things we have in game are basically worthless, but for you to log in in order to help a random new player try out something, take all that time to actually guide me to that town, then explaining how to get a house, how they work, what to look for... that is so much mroe kindness than I have experienced in a long time in any game, so rest assured... I will not ask for another favor, but instead hope that at some point, I will be able to make up for what you did... so if there ever is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to holler!
    Thank you again, and see you in u15!

Lord Baldrith, Tahru and Mata like this.
  2. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

Hehe - I enjoyed giving the little tour to find a lot. Just glad there were some left, there's only a few in Ardoris now.

I have my own helper present who permanently teams with me in MMO games if I need assistance so rarely ask for any (I bought him a copy of SOTA to play as well and will be upgrading his pledge in due course - we duo a lot and farm what we need together - he is my real-life nephew), we tend to be pretty self-sufficient and just muddle through on any MMO. You are welcome to tag along with us in R15 on some of our hunting trips if you want.

The best way to thank me (though tbh thanks are not necessary) would be to find another new player once you get a grounding in the game and help them further understand the game, if help is passed down the line in this manner then we will wind up with the best community possible and that means more to me than any other possible reward in-game :)

An MMO with a good community (both PVE and PVP) is destined to thrive, and SOTA is headed in the right direction...

3. ElricVandor

ElricVandor Avatar

That is a wonderful message right there, and I'll be more than happy to do just that. I always did this in the games I played, but since I went "hermit-mode" in recent MMOs I played due to the noxious vibe of large parts of the community there, I got in touch less and less with players new and old.
    But still love to do that, and even though I can't do much right now as I don't have many possessions or knowledge about the game, I do usually whisper people asking for directions (if I do know the answer), like people looking for stuff in Owls Head, and today, I met a lower level player in Deep Ravenwood, helped him or her with some mobs (the player had pulled about six skeletons and was in light armor), and then suggested some things to try, plus handed her or him 1K gold and two swords.

I know how confusing it sometimes can be, and how wonderful a feeling it is when someone takes the time to help, so I love to help any way I can, but try to make sure I don't annoy the player or like jump in on kills when the player was fine all along.

SO rest assured... I will do my best to help anyone in need as much as I can while trying to not stab my own eyes out with my sword in game. =)

I would love to join you and your nephew if it's ok for me to tag along, I'd appreciate that and do my best to not be a hindrance, but a help =) I also am trying to get a good rl-friend of mine into the game. We met in UO way back then, and together moved to other MMOs, met a couple of times irl (he lives in a different country), and talk a lot. He, like me, is a bit disillusioned by new games, so I am trying to get him to try SotA eventually.. I hope it works, I think he would enjoy the community and game a lot, especially since he loved Ultima and UO.

Anyway, waaayyy too long of a post, thanks again for all the help and such a great post!

4. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

What is this about

*Edit, Never mind found it. Jeez we get a lot of stuff!

5. ElricVandor

ElricVandor Avatar

Dorham, I was talking about the puzzle box from the "Virtual collector" pledge (which includes the Artisan's box of plenty from the Royal Artisan Pledge), https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35139. I did get them right after pledging (thats what I meant...worked like a charm, they were in my bank after logging in), but couldnt open or use them, thats why I asked about it, and learned here and in game theyre cosmetic right now and cant be opened or used yet.

Tahru and Sir Dorham Isycle like this.
  6. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Sure thing! I look forward to seeing you in game.

ElricVandor and Tahru like this.
  7. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Great to see another Great Lakes resident among us! :)

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.