Any guides or info on creating a guild?

Discussion in 'Player Groups & Guilds' started by vulcanjedi, Jan 14, 2020.

1. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Avatar

Greetings Programs.

er, I mean Avatars.

I have about 10,000 real life gamers in my extended Extra Life Family I am trying to bring to the game.

Was wondering what the process is to create and maintain a guild.

Or what requirements there are.

Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks

vj
    eol

Cordelayne and Numa like this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

The player guide has more guild info.

Anpu and vulcanjedi like this.
  3. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Avatar

Numa and Lained like this.
  4. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Avatar

@CatherineRose You are AWESOME :)

5. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

6. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Avatar

In honor of the benefactor a picture now hangs in the main entrance to the new Extra Life Guild Bunkhouse Basement Inn.

And are there any guides to setting up lot/basement settings to allow people to use a room and keep stuff there private?

I am really grateful for having this awesome community and it keeps getting better.

vj

Numa and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Nick

Nick Avatar

Its also available inside the player's guide.

Creating and Setting Permissions For A House
    Once a housing lot is claimed, the owner may choose which house occupies the lot from among those in their inventory using the “Change House” button.

[​IMG]

To adjust permissions for a lot, select the cogwheel dropdown menu and choose to “Manage Lot Access.”

[​IMG]

• Guild Chapter House: Enabling “Guild Chapter House” grants all fellow guild members Kindred level permissions for that lot. Guild officers are granted Trustee privileges for that lot.
    • Block Doors: When enabled, players must have “Guest” access (or better) in order to pass through doorways, or gain entry to a basement or dungeon.
    • Strict Deco Move Permission: When enabled, a player must have permission to take a decoration in order to move it.

Permissions can be set on individual doors to allow access to an area of a house for specific players. Players who have Co-Owner permissions or better may modify the properties of any door on your lot. Players with Tenant or higher permissions may modify the properties of a specific door on a lot when their name appears on that door's access list.

Players added to your Banned list are blocked from passing through doorways, and are prevented from entering your basement or dungeon. Banning a player does not prevent that player from being able to walk onto your lot.

You may add other players to your lot permissions list as Guests, Tenant, Kindred, Trustees, or Co-Owners.

• Guests can enter your house when the doors are blocked.
    • Tenants have Guest access and can add decorations. Tenants may only move or take decorations that they placed.
    • Kindred have all of the Tenant permissions and can take any decorations marked for Kindred access.
    • Trustees and Co-Owners have all of the Kindred permissions and can modify the access level for other players.

[​IMG]

Separate permissions exist for each item on a lot. By default, permission for each item placed on your lot will be set to Kindred level. An item marked as Kindred can be modified or taken by any player that has Kindred access or above. Once an item is placed, you can right-click on it to change the permission settings for that single item.

[​IMG]

Here is a breakdown of how the per-item permissions work:

• Decoration Remove or Modify: If a player meets the access criteria, they can either change the permissions for this decoration, move it around, or take it. If they do not meet the set criteria, they may still be able to interact with the decoration in other ways.
    • Container Add Contents: This setting controls the level of access required to add an item to a container on a lot.
    • Container Take Contents: This setting controls the level of access level required to remove items from the container.
    • Vendor Add Listings: This access level is required to be able to add listings on a player vendor or to place “buy” orders. Players that do not meet the access criteria can purchase from the vendor but not add new listings.
    • Decoration Move: Setting this to “Public” allows any non-banned players the ability to move this decoration within the lot, but not take the item.

Here are the permission levels you can choose for each item on your lot:

• Kindred, Trustee, Co-Owner: When you select one of these levels, players will need to have this level of access in order to carry out the action.
    • Public: This permission level grants access to that item to all non-banned players.
    • Private: This restricts access to that action to only the player who placed the item. This permission level can only be set by the player who placed the item.

The Decoration Placement Settings window shows the permissions assigned to the decorations you place on your lot. Changes to these settings do not affect decorations that are already placed. Open this window by pressing the default hotkey Numpad *, or by using the Window Selector icon in the top-right of your UI. These settings are saved in your local machine preferences like other game options.

[​IMG]

Ownership for decorations that you place on a lot is shared among the players who have access to that lot. By default, other players who have the appropriate access can take decorations that you have placed on a lot. You can prevent other players from taking any decoration that you have placed by changing the “Decoration: Remove or Modify” setting it to “Private” (right-click that item to open the context menu).

• IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that when you are decorating a shared lot (a lot that you don’t own), the decorations that you place become shared property. It is possible to lose access to the items that you place on a shared lot. For example, if the lot owner bans you from that lot then you will lose access to any decorations you placed on that lot. Share your decorations with players you trust!

The owner of a lot may choose to move the entire lot contents to the bank. When this happens, all of the decorations on the lot are sent to the respective banks of the players who placed the items. For example, if you place an item on a lot and the owner decides to send the lot contents to the bank, your item will be waiting for you at the bank.

Anpu and vulcanjedi like this.
  8. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Avatar

Awesome

I was planning on setting up access just to the basement though where the Inn is. The basement is within the lot so does the lot access override these settings for the basement?
    Or do I just set player to tenant on lot then same for the basement and set a door so they can lock it?

Thanks, I do have a fellow extra lifer coming into the game to help me test this.

vj

9. Nick

Nick Avatar

I had always believed basement shares the same permission as the lot. I could be wrong though.

This should be the method. If the door is open, anyone with permissions in the lot can drag his stuff into the room though.

You can always test it with an alternate account. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.

Elgarion likes this.
  10. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

11. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Avatar

Nothing to be sorry about it's all good information :) Thanks

Elgarion likes this.