Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Anyone figured out how to make a "Pine Board" ?

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by NRaas, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

So, there is a recipe to make Leather Chest Armor using "Pine Wood Strip" (the recipe is mislabeled as "with Maple Bindings" which I have reported).

So, how does one create "Pine Wood Strip" ?

If we follow the same logic as the "Maple Wood Strip" recipe, one uses a "Pine Board" and the milling table.

So, how does one create a "Pine Board" ?

That one I'm a little confused about. The "Pine Timber" recipe does not follow the same results as the "Maple Timber" recipe, in that no board is created.

And attempting to craft using a "Pine Timber" and "Cubic Measure" does not activate the "Craft" button.

-----

Do we call this one an MIA and report it as a bug ?

Anyone got any other ideas ?

smack, Sunswords and Jynx like this.
  2. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

Coming up empty as well. Came across your post when I searched for Pine Wood Strip :)

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Didn't you need "chemicals" at some point? (Not at the game right now - but I could have sworn that the fixed formerly-bugged recipe that gave buckets had chemicals in it to produce boards??)

4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Could be, I never experimented with the recipes myself (that's not my kind of thing).

Just wondering if anyone else came across the process, or whether it is simply a "work-in-progress", and it will be resolved in a later release. :)

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Remind me by PM or something and I will check in game in a couple of hours.
    This was the Bug report I was refering to:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...lling-cannot-create-timber.16908/#post-268792
    they are talking about Maple boards which require chemicals. Maybe there is something similar for pine? I will check if I remember.

6. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

Pine wood requires chemicals to be turned into timber. However, there's no process to go from timber to boards. Not that I can see anyways.
    There's some armours that require Pine Wood Strips (http://sotawiki.net/sota/Cotton_Cloth_Chest_Armor_with_Pine_Bindings).
    For maple wood strips, you use a maple wood board. No such luck with pine. Still need to figure it out.

7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

no luck here either

8. toromulchmaster

toromulchmaster Avatar

I have tried to make them myself. I think it was left out. Maybe on the next pacth.

Duke Raas likes this.
  9. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

In R13, I was able to make maple wood strips, just putting 1 board on the saw table. That doesn't work now. Anyone know how to make the maple wood strips now in R14??

10. GingerLoaf

GingerLoaf Developer Emeritus

Hello everyone! I've been looking into this and I am able to craft maple and pine boards by using the cubit measure and either a pine or maple timber. Are you all able to reproduce this?

11. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

This thread was started in R12, and recently necro'd,

I have yet to retest the "Pine Board" recipe this release, but I will take your word for it that it works now. :)

12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I was able to make pine and maple boards last night, however per my bug report yesterday I could not make pine or maple staves.

Duke Raas likes this.
  13. GingerLoaf

I am in game right now and I will attempt to craft some staves and post the results of the attempt :).

14. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Here's a screen shot of me trying to make a maple wood staff. The CRAFT bar doesn't highlight. It's also worth mentioning that during the process of making the other parts of the recipe, several items would not populate if you clicked on the recipe, but they would still craft if you manually put them on the crafting table yourself.

Note: My assumption is that the "wood pole" required for the "Wooden Staff with Wrappings" recipe can be substituted with a Maple Wood Pole or a Pine Wood Pole. If this is incorrect, I was unable to find the "wood pole" recipe at a vendor. It would be great if all of the recipe components would have the EXACT verbiage. For example, the recipe says "strap (3)" but I'm using Leather Straps (3). Is that the same thing? I don't know unless I experiment, but then if it doesn't work I have so wonder if I even have the right recipe.

Note: I just figured out that I was at the wrong crafting table. You might want to think about providing a message that says that. Anyway, it does the same thing at the Carpentry Station and the Milling Station, so I think it's still a bug.

[​IMG]

Lord Lonn and Duke Violation like this.
  15. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I would love it if the craft button would work and it would just throw an error that would key you into the system... would be a nice help to new players:

System messages could handle it and it could be cleaned up but the following gives a nice idea:
    • Try to craft a correct recipe without a required tool: It looks like you need to hold/use the right tools to make this.
    • Try to craft an incorrect recipe on any table: I'm not sure what to do with this.
    • Try to craft a correct recipe on the incorrect table: I need to use the proper surface to make this item.

Just a thought devs! :) +1 Drocis

16. GingerLoaf

Because of all of your help, I have identified this problem and I am implementing a fix right now to solve it. Currently Maple Wooden Pole will not work in this recipe. You can use any other type of pole, just not the basic one. This will be fixed in the next patch :). Thank you everyone for participating in the forums and letting us know about it!

17. GingerLoaf

I will have a talk with the design team about this and see what they think. Thank you for giving us helpful feedback!

18. Night Fury

Night Fury Avatar

Also, with a maple log and cubit measure I am unable to activate the CRAFT button on a milling station.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.