Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Anyone get "Gawdhanded"? or thoughts on PvP\R8

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Retro, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro

Retro Avatar

Roll call, did you get "Gawdhanded" or deliver me to God?;)

Aka "Riven Gawdhand" checking in...:cool:

This is the release that put my most* of fears to rest, not just about the card system, but about my pledge level and the game in general. (*still worried about lot selection a little)

If the goal of R8 was "Fun" PVP then the Dev's exceeded in spades....(good work PVP team!)

I'm not really a PVP guy but I had a blast and I finally "get it" why the PVP crowd are so vocal, it's just heart pounding game sweating good fun.

Is it unbalanced yes, but not as much as people think... I have beaten and been beaten by almost every type of build, I found none to be completely dominating only some TEAMS were dominating due to tactics not skills.

My R9 R8 Highlights...
    Surviving many attempted ganks and turning the tables. Oh so rewarding...

"We got a runner" chasing runners down for the kill...young fit cops must love this aspect of their job.:)

Running...so much fun being chased and surviving...:p

The lure...pretending to run to divide and concur "Oh no, please don't follow me into the castle!" big mistake...;)

Even better is the "Oh thought you got away did you" This is a runner that you stop attacking and stalk until they think they are safe, then wham! :D

Chasing a pvp enemy onto the "Vengeance" boat on PVP island with low health (both of us), his buddy comes in to help him, I root him, flame arrow my victim, killing him, buddy gets out of root and starts absolutely pummeling me, I decide to make a break for the second level of the boat, I make it, when he gets to the top of the stairs I blast him with a bolt of lightning stunning him while making my escape by jumping off the front of the boat backwards...it felt like an action movie all I need was an explosion behind me.:D

Coming second place in a PVP tournament that I stumbled into with a broken @$$ deck, lol...

A well placed and timed fireball taking out multiple opponents on multiple occasions.:p

Attack of the body campers;) killing many many many "body campers".... looks @Trady @Griselda :D no hard feelings, I love when I actually able to escape two people camping me, better yet kill them both...
    Man, I was at the TOP of Trady's "Kill on sight" list for a good part of last night lol...so much fun.:)

Witnessed and was part of SOOOOOO many double KO's against all different types (one reason I don't think the balance is as off as people think)

Teaming up with a few guys and holding the bridge on PVP island, why did we hold the bridge? No clue, but it was my highlight of R8, it was so much fun kicking people who didn't "Pay the toll" off of our bridge:D (this included a Dev that tried to cross our bridge, the nerve!:eek:)
    Under the bridge with you Trolls!:D

Greatest Warriors Encountered:
    Lord Spaz
    Sciamano Vengeance
    Exodus Slum
    Espada
    SlumLord
    Minoc
    Pumkinhead
    Double bladed shirtless guy with a Lich axe, name started with a "B" holy hells this guys laid waste to PVP areas...
    White Witch, not the best warrior BUT SO DAM HARD TO KILL, felt like her entire skill bar was locked with healing spells :)

Best Killing Partner:
    Lord Spaz, me and this guy kicked some serious @$$ (and I SUCK as a teammate, I need to heal others more;))

Best Teams:
    Vengeance - The steam rollers of PVP island, fought with and against, great fun, thanks guys!
    The underwear bros. of PVP island -Pumkinhead, Minoc (haha this guy killed me so many times) and some other dude in underwear, were absolutely wrecking peoples ish.:) awesome 3 man team
    KGB - These guy were hard to kill but a cracked a few nutz, cheers I owe you guys a beer.
    Impromptu "Hold the bridge" team that I was part of...Lord Spaz, Espada, Bainks, Stormblessed and myself.
    Trady & Griselda, handing out death left and right, until I formed a posse and routed them ;)

Requests for R9:
    Deeds - would be nice if one of these releases I can actually try the lot type that I pledged for...;) am I asking for too much here?!? (and I usually login as soon as the servers open, never been able to try a town lot or higher yet...)

Merchants - with more arms and armor for sale or more crafting recipes (for easier PVP testing), how the hell do you get arrows in this game besides killing elves?!

A reason for PVP, like @PrimeRib is always harping on about...The most fun I had in R8 was when we made our own objective for PVP "Hold the bridge on PVP island"

I would love a gated PVP island where 1 team has to hold a castle or a mountain pass and the other has to siege or break through the pass. This is one area where the instanced nature of the game could play to these scenarios and allow some balance.
    i.e. Instance 1 of PVP 'castle siege' has a team of 5, so only challenger team with say between 4 to 6 members can enter that instance.
    Instance 2 of PVP 'castle siege' has a team of 12 defending the castle so only challenger team with say between 10 to 14 members can enter that instance. etc...

As a certain "Gankster" Dev once said "Deck Mode For Life!"

Pictures to follow...

2. Retro

Retro Avatar

PVP Island "Thou Shall Not Pass" Defenders of the Bridge Team :D

The Team going for a dive off our bridge...:)
    [​IMG]

Negotiating a toll payment ;)
    [​IMG]

An example of failed toll payment negotiations:p or "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"
    [​IMG]

Dev trying to cross our bridge, offered us a payment of "buckets":confused: So it was time for him to "Kick the Bucket" or so the saying goes...lol:D
    [​IMG]

The Bridge is Dark and full of terrors...:eek:
    [​IMG]

Double KO. "I shall defend the bridge to my last breath" Pledge of the Defenders of the bridge and proof :(
    White Witch you are one tough SOB. I salute you.:)
    [​IMG]

3. Espada

Espada Avatar

Great times Retro! So much fun man. Lets do it again in R9!

"WE HAVE THE BRIDGE! YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Retro likes this.
  4. Retro

Retro Avatar

Riven Gawdhand vs. Lord Trady of Blix

or

The Endless War: BLOODFEUD

Trady and I seem to agree on many things on the forums, in fact a lot of the time he writes exactly what I want to say but I'm too lazy to type it out so I'll just 'like' his comments..this arrangement works well for us (well at least for me;))

Tonight was different however I was admittedly feeling a little mischievous so I kinda started a little BLOODFEUD:eek: with Trady basically because I had nothing better to do...:D

Let me preface these pictures by saying Trady was a valiant opponent, and yes while I have more pictures of his death :p
    it was honestly just about even..well sort of:rolleyes: and when he got me...he got me GOOD.

Lets's begin...
    This is where it started, PVP forest decided to do a little hunting...what have we here... two people fighting...waits in the trees above...can't let them get too low on health, I want both kills :D, wait, wait... strike! fireball, flame arrow!

I may have already been on Griselda $hit list from the night before, killed her many times...so she was furious now, Trady's hate was just getting warmed up...
    [​IMG]

I ran off to do some more 'hunting', but I was a little careless and Trady got the drop on me and flattened me, lol :)
    [​IMG]

Griselda and I double KO..
    [​IMG]

Oh crap...Griselda and Trady have had enough of my $hit and decided to team up, I was using hit an run and harassment tactics and getting kills on them when they were split up, tables turned on me now...camping my body 2 on 1....classy:D Good times...1 warrior camping my body I get it...why should they give me space? That's the magic users greatest advantage but 2 warriors camping my body, I actually got away a few times, but they were trying to send a message! They were pissed :mad:(them) :D(me)........ Admittedly I was annoying as can be, stealing their kills, ambushing them etc...
    [​IMG]

Griselda kindly offering to give me a sword enema as soon as I wake up...lol:D Thanks G! Love ya;)
    [​IMG]

Saved! Thanks jacob adams and Flip, I found there were always people to protect from body camping gankers...the tide started to turn after this...I read their "message" loud and clear...they wanted me so frustrated I would leave or quit, time for a new strategy...I need a posse to help me serve justice! (or whatever I was serving..lol:))
    [​IMG]

<Queue heavy metal music montage with a death destruction and carnage theme>
    [​IMG]

Got a posse now!
    [​IMG]

This is my forest now!
    [​IMG]

Keep in mind they were attacking us and we were giving the space between rounds...shouldn't have camped my body bro! lolol:)
    [​IMG]

You can run but you can't hide...
    [​IMG]

The sentence for body camping is death by lightning...
    [​IMG]

After this I left the game for about an hour and when I returned decided to try my luck on PVP island, as soon as I get there, Trady sees me and charges me...oh shiz this guy is still pissed :D
    I manage to drop him...just barely...
    [​IMG]

I could tell Trady was raging at this point the problem is Trady came after me when my "Defender of the Bridge" buddy was hovering around and Spaz nuked him for me (I still got the kill :p)
    [​IMG]

Hahaahaa my favorite picture of R8, Joseph Stalin (who I absolutely destroyed a few times) and Trady get their revenge for me being an annoying a-hole by River Dancing on my head:D I deserved it....:) so much fun Trady!
    [​IMG]

Cheers Trady, I owe you a beer thanks for being a good sport...in R9 lets team up and lay waste.;)

5. Retro

Retro Avatar

Like I said this was the most fun I had in R8 and it was because made a reason for PVP, at all costs we had to hold the bridge!

Lets hold the castle in R9...:)

Cheers

Lord Spaz likes this.
  6. Gothic

Gothic Avatar

Fighting 5v1 really something to be proud of.

Retro and Kaisa like this.
  7. Retro

Retro Avatar

lol was waiting for this response...:D

We only teamed up against the Dev when he went into god mode (That was awesome BTW @BurningToad), most of the time it was groups of 5+ attacking the bridge or 1 on 1, 2 vs 1 at most...There was honor.

Besides no one forced anyone to try to cross the bridge...swim around it:p

Lord Spaz and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

For the record Retro / Riven,

We weren't "body camping". We were holding the road :cool:

Make what you will of why your body happened to be under us so many times :D

You definitely did get us good though... 4 on 2 anyway :)

Retro likes this.
  9. Bainks

Bainks Avatar

Haha thanks for the screens Retro, that was such an awesome time! "STAY OFF THE DANM BRIDGE!"

Retro likes this.
  10. Pyro861

Pyro861 Avatar

Nice to stumble on my avatar on one screen ;)
    Osmund Kettleblack. Fun times!

Retro and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  11. Retro

Retro Avatar

Hail and well met, Pyro861\Osmund, I think we did battle a few times also, cheers :D I'm glad you were captured for posterity!

One of the highlights is when BurningToad went into god-mode it felt like a recreation of this fight:

Lord Spaz and Pyro861 like this.
  12. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

the S here stands for Spaz :p

Retro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.