Anyone miss having actual gold in your backpack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StuFoo, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    what will happen in Ep.2 when they possibly have stealing? will the thief steal your smartphone to digitally transfer the gold to his person? or will hacking be the new thief skill. who needs the lure of nice bright shiny gold to steal when there is so much air to grab! :D

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    there are more reasons than asthetics.

3. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

When many people wanted to buy something very expensive back in the day, they would often trade in something made of gold or other precious metals or gems, like a statue or a necklace. The precious metal held intrinsic value - coins were simply a means to divvy it up into easy to count amounts. Trading in our bars of gold for lightweight gemstones and jewelry would be my suggestion to combat encumbrance. Having special bags for holding 'treasure' should keep management simple enough.

TheMadHermit likes this.
  4. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

[​IMG]

Jatvardur likes this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I really don't miss it. Plenty of other things to stack in the pack!

6. Duke Zef (CoM)

Duke Zef (CoM) Avatar

Totally agree! Although there will always be a place in my heart for UO.....don't miss the hassle of weight and gold counting against me as an item per 60k.

7. Junkmerchant

Junkmerchant Avatar

I think gold should be stored in its default form by default but if one chooses to make it a physical stack then can but have to deal with the fact that now it has encumbrance, but also can place it as decor. If they choose to put it back in the default form they can do that too if they get sick of rolling around in it. =)

I also like the concept of losing the gold/resources you acquired in a scene if killed in PVP.

Junk

8. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

This thread led me to do a google search of real gold coins in a bag, and real gold coins in a treasure chest, and led me to an interesting story about a buried treasure, that has yet to be found, that was buried not long ago, only 1 year ago, a 12 month old story, of an eccentric millionaire that buried millions in gold, 20 pounds of gold + an estimated 1 million dollar necklace. That's a lot of treasure! And I found out it's 10 hours away from my house. The general area in which it was buried. So if I end up finding the 1.5 million in gold and jewels it's all thanks to this thread. I'll plan a trip to the national park the treasure is buried at, in a few months, the old man who buried it left a clue, a poem, but none have been able to decipher the clues from it. As far as anyone knows it remains unclaimed but there is a slight possibility that someone found it and is treating it like finding a bag that fell off an armored money truck, lay low, wait 2 years and slowly use it to buy stuff to not alert the tax police.

But yeah, pro "physical" gold in backpacks and outside of backpacks.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.