Apparently Polearms are bad. Blades or Bludgeon?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Sillyfish, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

They are not working properly due to the GCD that is triggered. A gap closer is supposed to enable you to get a hit. Only body slam deals decent damage. Not so sure about shield charge.
    The other gap closers are pretty weak and in no way viable compared to the insane mobility mages have.

Again Mages have the best mobility + dps + healing so how are you supposed to counter any of that? It is not possible. If the gap closers get their GCD removed it is at least possible to land a hit afterwards.

2. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Why are you talking about PVP balance when the thread is about which melee class he wants to pick ? In PVE all of the gap closers work perfectly fine..... I enjoy Bodyslam and Engage both on my bar in PVE.

Antrax Artek and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Well because it kinda the same situation in PVE. If you want to be a one man army, be a mage. The problem of melee if not lack of damage in PVE or DPS. It is survivability and mobility.

The OP doesnt talk about PVE.

4. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

You will be "one dead army" at your first lich mage encounter.
    (it is difficult to evaluate a class if somone run away instead of facing it ;))

Anyway the OP is asking about melee weapons.

About weapons choice I agree with @Cryodacry and @Innascual Inch :

5. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I kill lich mages easily as a mage, how should a mage not be able to kill it? Im curious pm me.

No idea what you are talking about. I am just taking my observation from being a mage myself, and not caring about melee or even archer damage, and what @Chris stated that DPS of mages if way too high compared to melee in the postmortem.

Other than that yes, polearms for aoe, blade single target, bludgeon for cc at control points. Works like a charm.

6. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

If you're not a sun mage, they will take around 95% less damage from magic skills, it will take some days to kill for example the 12k hp lich mage.

Finally we can agree on something.

7. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Well, thats the charm of being a mage. Regear and you are set. I agree for physical chars it is more convenient, but most of them lack the healing anyhow so they can't kill the lich mage as early as mages can.

But I am sure they fix that to balance it out when resistance finally gets reworked.

8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Agree, a rework of mobs resistance and not magical healing skills (like bandages) are both an urgency at the moment.

Yes, this is a know situation, fire mages (+meteors) can do best dps overall.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.