Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Arabella RUINED my quest reset

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Sir Leonard, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

5/5/2018 4:17 AM
    Title: Arabella RUINED my quest reset.

Reproduction Rate: ??

Blocker?

Details:
    - So, I've waited a REALLY LONG time to reset my quests, so i could take advantage of double experience to get some extra crafting XP. It happens that my character is ALL for saving young kids, and all i wanted is to go back to Solace Bridge Battle to rescue poor little Charlotte for her mother.

BUT ARABELLA didn't let me! Instead she sent me to Highvale Battle, she would respond really NOTHING for solace bridge and sent me regardless... where there's simply THE LAMEST rescue attempt ever: dying knight of norgard where even Samael can't do nothing for him. Stuuuuupid!

So i tried to go back to Solace Bridge after that, but couldn't! I WASTED MY RESET FOR THIS BUG!

And worse yet... MONTHS AGO I HAVE REPORTED IT AND IT DIDN'T GET FIXED YET! Grrrr.... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Seriously, now. I need an extra reset. I can't stand always coming back to Soltown just to see Abigail crying out for not having her kid. AND NO, I won't delete my character. This one has more than 2 years of existence... i helped you testing this whole thing over and over again. Now i need this fixed and I NEED ANOTHER RESET SINCE THIS WAS A BUG.

Sorry for the caps, but this one got me really pissed off. Seriously guys... i wasn't supposed to be forced into a "timeline" i didn't choose and had done carefully the first time to get it right and lose it because of a stupid reset and a bug.

Thanks.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 32704
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8086
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Area Display Name: Vila-do-Sol
    Loc: (47.0, 33.3, 164.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9Tb2x0b3dufHwoNDcuMDQ5LCAzMy4zMjQsIDE2NC4wOTgpfCgwLCAwLjczOCwgMCwgMC42NzQpfDQ1MC43MzEzfDMwLjA1Njk3fDUuNDI0NTg5

2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

You have to talk to Arabella again (and again)!!! Then she gives info to go to Bloodriver and Solace Bridge!

3. Sir Leonard

Problem is when you talk again and again and she never responds until you do the first part.

Nonetheless, I don’t see an reason you shouldn’t be able to do all three battles anyway. But since you can’t, it shouldn’t be arabella who “decided”. Really, this one got me very disappointed. :/

4. Paladin Michael

I understand. This didn't happen to me.
    I did my quest restart. She wanted me to go to Highvale. I wondered about and talked to her again and she wanted to send me to Bloodriver.
    Well, after that I tried again, because I wanted to start in Solace Bridge ;) And it worked.

I hope, this bug will be solved.
    Beside this: I recommended in a few threads to let us save Abigails child, equal what path we are starting with ...

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Sir Leonard

I understand you are upset and you want to express your frustration, which again - is understandable. But for me to help you I need you to break down what is happening exactly as short as factual as possible. It's only so there is no confusion so you can move on from this.

I'm re-reading everything what you are saying. It sounds like you haven't completed the path she sent you on, so I don't understand how you are blocked. Sounds like you left one tutorial scene to try to get in another. You can still get to save Charlotte. You don't need to delete your character nor do I see how a quest reset would change this for you.

I've done all three paths in the quest reset myself as of late, but again I'm really confused as to why you think you are stuck. If you finish the path of courage she will send you on the path of love if you haven't done it yet. And it sounds like you haven't.

Remember, I'm just trying to help. If you can clarify a few things for me maybe we can narrow down where you are at exactly and what you need to do next. What tasks you are on and their names is a good start.

Retlaw and Paladin Michael like this.
  6. Paladin Michael

I assume, what he meant was, what happened to me, too:
    After the quest reset I talked to Arabella in Soltown, believing she would send me to Solace Bridge Outskirts, but she didn't.

So I left the dialogue and started a new one with her. Now she wanted to send me to the other path. (Didn't know the order, Highvale / Bloodriver).
    After canceling the dialogue and talking to her again and asking, at last she told me to go to Solace Bridge.

I think this is something which only can happen one time for people doing their quest reset :)

7. Sir Leonard

Okay, @Lexie, from the beggining:
    - I did my quest reset near soltown (because i wanted to do love path first).
    - Then Arabella (Soltown) was unresponsive. I talked with her about every keyword avaliable, with NO answer. Until i talked about "highvale". THEN she responded. No matter how many times i talked to her, same behaviour.
    - So, ok, without option i did all the courage path and got my sceptre.
    - Back to Arabella (this time in Aerie), now she was talking... She sent me to Solace Bridge. Funny enought, NOT the original one, the post-battle scene, hence the poor girl was already dead.
    - No option, I completed the path of love that way again.
    - And now she sent me to Blood River... again, scene AFTER battle.

If you can't reproduce the bug, try setting your client to portuguese... i was thinking about it, maybe some localization related problem... but now i got my shroud again but my char feels "broken"...

Anyway, even if it still like this, i don't think i could delete it... you know, hundreds of hours of experience would be wasted, hence the frustration.

In another recent topic people started to talk about the fragility of the current quest system... just too many bugs. So even with a reset being desireable for me, i'm still afraid will just go back to where it began.

Hope i have clarified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.