Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Archer complaint

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Chatele, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

what about using the bow itself as a club to bash mobs on the head ? makes more sense with skeletons anyway, cause only a full pull would actually damage it, if it is a longbow, and the miss factor should be very high while the crits also are very high against that type of mob with a bow.

Numa and Ravenclaw [BEAR] like this.
  2. Numa

Numa Avatar

probably as a last resort since in that scenario it's either your valuable bow or your life. What I'd like to see is a harvesting axe or handaxe with real damage. Archers are going to be spending their spare time chopping down trees and an ambush at the wrong time means hand to hand combat.

Ravenclaw [BEAR] likes this.
  3. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Thx Chris. I think arrows should costs something, but much cheaper. Archer is definatly nearly unplayable at the beginning and compared to other play styles it has disadvantages ( Weight and less gold).

Andaluz and Chatele like this.
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

@Chris Perhaps the minimum gold cost can be lowered to zero, but have the MYSTERY price increase value based on a minimum cost of one, thus always rounding to a minimum of 1gp? There are several items for crafting, plus arrows, that could use a price decrease.

Chatele likes this.
  5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Well it's possible to have as many arrows as you want. Create your character, ignore all enemies, drop starter arrows off at the banker in Soltown, delete character and repeat until you feel like you have enough. This is not the way the game is intended to be played, however.

6. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I think the cost to make or buy ratio is good. With ore value & wood value it costs 62 gold to make 100 arrows, that would be if npcs sold ore & wood at their backpack hover value. They don't & it also costs a lot of time to collect those resources so I think either the produced amount should be increased to maybe 500 or the ore & wood be 5x more abundant.

The feathers should be loot as well with more feathers per kill @ high plucking skill of course.

Then again, the whole crafting needs an overhaul

7. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I have a good 12 hours of playtime on my archer, and I feel like I am doing well. I did not add many skills yet from th ones were were given at the start. I think I added a cure and some utility passive skills along with all the passive skills under ranged. Making your own arrows is critical because the cost is so much cheaper. I have stock piled 2000 arrows and it really did not take that long farming one zone over and over again.

Once you know a zone well enough you develop a kiting path so as not to agro more than you can handle. Right now my aimed shot can kill most low level mobs with one shot if I get a critical or 2 arrows if I don't.

4EverLost, Numa, Chris and 1 other person like this.
  8. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

But charged attacks are auto attacks.

20-35 damage for a charged auto attack is very good. Charged attacks are just generally better for an archer because their non-charged auto attacks cost a resource. Just give charged autos go.

The problem mostly is that there needs to be a situation where quick auto attacks are better for an archer as the cost of the additional resources.

Numa likes this.
  9. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

On a side note, may not be just on archers but was wondering about fizzle.

For some weird reason, I decided to look at my "V" chart a bit this release (normally I depend on you all to explain that stuff for me on the forums when discussions come up seeing as it's NUMBERS:rolleyes:). Noticed that my fizzle is -2 in $45 steam wear. But when I started carrying around a bit of loot (close to half of my limit) my fizzle goes up to 18. Actually, it goes up to 18 if I carry anything around half to limit. Is that normal? That if you carry more stuff, your fizzle goes up - not even encumbered. I know armor is supppose to make it go up but never thought that weight might also?

(Only mentioning it in the archers thread because I only noticed it now that I'm playing an archer:D might happen to other classes too but I wasn't paying attention so forgive me if it's suppose to be a normal thing.)

EDIT: never mind, just figured it out. I was moving......:oops:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  10. Lord_Toast

Lord_Toast Avatar

No there isn't one. Maybe the designer was thinking about the Greek goddess Artemis at the time .

11. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Actualy the best way would be to use Root and have it never move. (can root multiple enemies)

Also charged attack for all melee weapons can be better. (saves money on repairs)

But if u feel like playing the easy way, prepare to pay for it I suppose.

12. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

IMHO, it's Robin Hood.

Just in case anyone forgot, the three questions asked are following:
    • or Lovingly give the beggar a coin, knowing it shall not be missed?
    • Would you show Love by permitting him to yield,
    • or Lovingly make up the contribution from those who cannot from your own savings

13. Lord_Toast

Lord_Toast Avatar

Well damn. I should known...

14. Cosmos

Cosmos Avatar

With this release I started to mount an archer. It's clearly not easy, but I like this and I don't imagine playing a mage or a warrior.

One thing i don't understand : why I consume arrows when I use a skill like "aimed shot"? Yet it is possible to use this skill without arrows...

15. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

I think that the skills that are using a specific material ( poison pot or an Arrow) are not working as intended >> they shouldnt work without the proper material ( like the chaos spells dont work without chaos chips).
    So using archery skills without arrows is like using an exploit... Its very convenient i know but (i do it myself) but, it shouldnt be like that.

16. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Naw, using them without arrow is heavily penalized with focus reduction like crazy so I doubt it's an exploit.

17. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Quite true o_O Plus you can't use auto attack without arrows :(

Kind of a necessity right now, because you WILL run out of arrows during combat because they are both bulky and expensive (unless you are crafting your own) :(

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  18. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Yeah, I make a lot of my own and put it on my vendor so I know where to look for it. 100 a pop for a 100:p

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

"Charged" Attack are most definitely NOT auto attacks - Charged attack the player HAS to hit / hold a key and then swing - Auto Attack just swings away and hit with No Focus Cost nor any cool down timer.

Also I do not yet know if a charged attack uses an arrow or not but Auto attack REQUIRES an arrow.

So to whoever this information is incorrect, if you have a question about auto attack msg me ill work with you on how it works.

20. Fikule

Fikule Avatar

Are you saying charged attacks have a focus cost and cooldown timer? (They don't)

I am also not sure if you can say requiring an arrow is a difference if you haven't actually checked if charged attacks require one . But for the case of my argument, that only makes charged attacks better.

Charged attacks are auto attacks in the sense that they use the same base damage calculations, hit-boxes and EVERY aspect except that you hold a key down (which I didn't think was so unknown that it needed mentioning). After that, they simply amplify the damage.

Though to be honest you argued semantics over the first 6 words of my post, mentioned three differences that don't exist or you didn't even check and ignored the rest of the post entirely but still called the whole post "incorrect".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.