Archer OP?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by krakenvarados, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

A hardened chest gives 9% damage bonus. The uncommon bandit chest gives 45% damage bonus. Whats the rare one give?

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  2. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

The uncommon bandit chest alone gives only 9% weapon damage as well. Adding the other set pieces adds 9% each to a total of 45 % with a full set.

I believe the rare one gives 50% (10% each).

Numa likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is the problem with gear that I've been complaining about for a long time. They keep introducing higher and higher powered gear and then nerfing skills because people complain that <insert archetype here> is over-powered.

4. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

You're a 100% correct. It's a vicious cycle. All the while people want better loot drops, crafters want to craft higher lvl stuff, people want more combination, yet when one class gets a little over powered by it, they nerf the class rather than adjust anything else. It's the easy way out for the sake of balance but makes it worse in the grand cycle of it all.

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

so its the rest of the set that gives more weapon damage than hardenened leather?

And i just saw a common one with NO damage bonus on it. Common ones dont give any bonuses??

6. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

Yes, pretty much.

You need to actually wear bandit set pieces for the damage bonus to show on the chest. So looking at a chest on a vendor can possibly show no bonus. Common gives 8% per piece.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Yea so that not quite as OP as i thought, still 2x more damage than hardened leather with a full set. I went and fought with antrax's guys to see what was up with this and a guy with a rare xen bow was indeed hitting for like 300-500 dmg crits extremely rapidly. I thought i had been killed in a single shot and was actually killed in 3 hits.

Even without the 45% increase from the bandit armor it seems liek it would have taken 4 or 5 hits with this guy's setup. And it didnt seem to be just me, everyone on my team was dying to him. So something did seem pretty out of balance. Theres another thread where in a recent PvP battle of larger scale, an archer with a bow and i'd guess the bandit armor on was literally popping everyone in sight in a similar way.

So i still dont think archery is OP but there is definitely a specific setup that is very unbalanced. The guy i fought was using rare bandit armor and a rare xen bow. dunno what his stats were but i dont think you can get to 400 strength in bandit armor. I do know you can reach 400 dex with it tho.

Maybe its a combination of the bandit armor and the recently mega-buffed stats

krakenvarados likes this.
  8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Sounds like Ranger Hagge... he'd kill pretty much anyone with pretty much any gear so best to not include him in this sample size.

margaritte likes this.
  9. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Just torpid his AS and he runs for cover lmao

10. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

Archer damage isn't OP IMO, the only thing that was OP was high end archers getting a whole second health bar because they never used focus.

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Apparently using torpid on them just flat out removes the air shield

Violet Ronso likes this.
  12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I've said it before, but I think instead of nerfing the current damage outputs (that seem to be at the right spot vs mobs), the solution should be to buff OUR defensives. 75 damage resist when the average hit of many mobs nowadays is 200+ is a joke, 1k average hp is a joke as well. If you pump up damage resistance numbers to be 300 or so IF you wear full plate, with Plate Spec and buffs, considering the absorption cap is around 90%, people would still get hit for 30s if they are fully invested in defense...

What I would like to see is this. Stop nerfing, just start buffing the defensive side.

On a side note :
    You will not see the stats until you actually wear some pieces. The chest will give you 8%/9%/10%/11% weapon damage per bandity leather armor pieces worn, including the chest piece.

13. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I agree, PvP has few tactical decisions during combat if it is over in seconds. All decisions only exist at gear and deck selection time, not execution time.

Keep damage low at the beginning of fights with tactical decisions of skills etc giving you ways to ramp your DPS and/or strip the targets defences/focus.

Spung

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You mean like Death Shield?... oh wait, that was nerfed.

Boris Mondragon and Dhanas like this.
  15. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

No he mean DR in general. And i agree

Dhanas likes this.
  16. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I usually see him using crystal shield.

margaritte likes this.
  17. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Doing 5000+ damage to kill someone (err... pretty much everyone used this in PVP) was... rough :confused:. Bug fix to make it not mitigate and heal was a good call and got rid of the biggest easy button - including in PVE - this game possibly ever had meaning people had to play again.

Currently, seen resistances with shield at 155 and with dual spears at 125 with heavy armor spec. These players are already tough to bring down... their defense is already good. Can buff if you'd like but bludgeon and swords would just be even worse. Tradeoffs.

Even 75 DR helps a lot against many, but not all mobs... try fighting a bunch of elite skeletons or a few archers with defensive stance and again with berserker. A mob that hits you for one big hit every now and than berserker is probably best.

18. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

btw, 2 break armor bludgeon skill send my DR from 75 to 7...lol

19. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

From a crafter perspective this Xen and Envy bow coupled with bandit armor is just rough on them. I am sure that other bows have less demand as well as leather gear. The game was set up to be about crafting the best gear and it helped the economy (Crafters and Gatherers). To make up for bandit gear they would also need to either create/upgrade cloth and chain/plate comparable armor, If they are smart they do it via crafting vs artifact drop or then they would also kill crafting altogether. They better do something quickly.

Does anyone have the math on a bronze chain/bronze chest and whatever cloth have most dmg bonus to see if there is a starting point of the devs to make adjustments in order to balance the playing field a bit. R/Boris

20. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

(From a different perspective)

Chris said that wands & staffs will suffer durability loss on spell casts.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.