(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

We all love having testers as genius as you. :p

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    Girlsname likes this.
  2. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Bonus +%crit chance is phat btw.

Air spec gives you more air attunement, which = to more dex which = to better air bubble damage absorb, which also = to winning with high juicy fruit numbers.

Also, air spec increases your +%#crit chance that you get from airs embrace.

— with all that going full circle, if you didn’t take air spec, which other spec would you choose? (I’m curious :))

Montaigne and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That was my initial question; people were talking earlier about Tactics and Air specs working well together.
    Ah. The tool tip calls it a "small" bonus.
    Aha. Somehow, it never occurred to me to read the actual tooltip for it. I was Ranged/Light Armor before, so I didn't know magic school specs gave attunement. Thanks!

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Don't really know; I was going to go Air until it started not making sense. But enough people were praising it that I just figured I was missing something. Mac had mentioned Earth worked well, otherwise I was thinking Life for better heals, since that seems to be more effective than the light armor spec for staying alive.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

You also get an extra glyph from spec, and stacking has it's own benefits separate from spec and attunement, including increased dash speed and air shield transfer ratio.

Girlsname likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Theurgy gems in my gear, then? I have Sorcery at the moment, since I supplement ranged with fire more than any other school. Would it be better to switch?

(Heh... watching @Girlsname's stream, the most life-chaning thing I saw was moving out of harvesting and re-harvesting until you get a crit... )

Girlsname likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

A six stack of Air's Embrace gives me +15.6% Weapon Critical Chance. Since my weapon has a Critical chance of 5%, I imagine that translates into a whopping +0.78% actual critical change bonus.

MrBlight and Montaigne like this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So, how do you deal with heals? In some of the tougher fights (like the skellie waves before Tharsis) where I can't easily avoid taking hits from multiple enemies, I'm running out of focus, and then when I start taking health damage, I have no focus to heal. Potions help, but the stupid long cooldown on them means I only get a few heals before I'm out.

The actual fight with Tharsis went well, though. Probably about half the time as the last time I fought him. But I got lucky, and only footmen spawned in during the fight, so I didn't have to deal with multiple ranged mobs while fighting Tharsis.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have imbued pots for emergency and I use the Harp of Invigoration. I also have really high dodge. If I'm in a situation where I run out of focus and I'm taking a lot of health damage then it's generally a fight that I can't win anyway.

Girlsname likes this.
  10. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Ignite weapon + Atheric Feedback = Juicy Boy
    (Since Ignite Weapon is fire damooge)

Passive Stance = Blender of Juice Generation
    (Used really only when you spill your focus cup, and have no drinks left) - Tactics spec helps the fat camp negative of movement sperd)

Harp of Invig = Passive Juice, just keeps trickling sweetness.

x2 Fewd = you get the point.

Barugon and Sara Dreygon like this.
  11. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

This the Catacombs bad boy, or a different meanie?

12. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

RIP Air Tactic Build :eek:
    Now it's time of .. Meteor Shower!!! Anyone Coming Out with the MT juice publicly?

Girlsname likes this.
  13. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Just gonna have to wait to see how the tiered shard of night is.... ;- )
    That’ll maketh thy cup fillith oi Juice.

Gia2 likes this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yes, Solania. I suppose at a high enough level, elite skellies are about as much bother as hardened are, but more than a few of them at a time (especially archers) can hurt me pretty quickly. They were still trouble with my light armor/ranged spec build, but I could spam heals if it got rough. The daemon itself, I used to just let autoattack do most of the work while spamming heals and throwing in some rapid fires and aimed shots when my health was high. This build would have been really good before it became a wave battle.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Already do food, water elemental (though in the daemon fight, she usually draws aggro and gets killed during the mayhem, and I'm usually too busy kiting and shooting to notice. Will add in the harp, kinda forgot about that.

Ultimately, though, I think the wall might be my finger dexterity and bandwidth, I just can't handle monitor everything and get to the right keys quickly enough. I did remap move forward to the middle mouse button, strafes to the two side buttons, and made W the attack button, which helps, though I'm having to unlearn the past two years of ingrained reactions. Thinking about installing a key mapper, since the game doesn't allow you to remap the utility bar keys. Then I could make them f1-f8, which would make it easier to get to them.

Also probably need a lot of practice. Maybe a day or two grinding Torc until everything runs more smoothly. I just tried the daemon because I hadn't been there in a while, but having to go on a key hunt every round got annoying.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  16. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

?

17. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

You can usually line of site elite archers making them run all over the place.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

For those of you that use Berserker's Stance. How difficult is it to do harder content alone (due to having no DR)?

Girlsname likes this.
  19. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Using Berserkers stance combined with death shield, thats what I often do. Basically the DR can often barely make a difference, due to how Damage resistance combined with Damage Absorption results in minuscule numbers sometimes.

Also, VS Mages, DR does nothing, nothing at all, so you can go in a fight with 0 DR against a mage, and the pop a Death shield against physical mobs. oftentimes, many players will also tell you that you are better off pumping up your Damage Avoidance numbers, as it is easier to get to very high numbers, and result in more damage mitigated than DR. here is how DR and Absorption works, in case you, or anyone else who reads this didnt know :

Damage Resistance (the FLAT number on your paperdoll) : Amount of damage you can resist from a hit. At 50 DR, you can block 50 points of incomming damage.
    Absorption (the % number beside DR on your paperdoll) : % of a hit you can absorb from a hit. at 50%, you can block up to 50% of an incoming hit.

These two values work together, always going for the lowest of both values, meaning you can resist up to your DR points of damage from a hit, but by no more than the absorption % of the hit, here are a few examples :

DR 50
    Absorption 50%
    Hit 100

You can block 50 points of damage, but can only absorb 50% of the hit (50% of 100 = 50), so you block the full 50 points

DR 50
    Abs 50%
    Hit 10

You can block 50 points of damage, but can only absorb 50% of the hit (50% of 10 = 5), so you block 5 points of damage

DR 50
    Abs 50%
    Hit 250

You can block 50 points of damage, but can only absorb 50% of the hit (50% of 250 = 125), so you block 50 points of damage (remember, lowest of both values, always)

Meanwhile, for Avoidance, your avoidance score (on your paperdoll) is a weight attributed to you glancing blow chance. A glancing blow will result in you only being hit by 33-34% of the hit, no matter how high the hit is (critical hits can probably ignore this, Im not 100% sure). This means the higher your avoidance, the more chances of a glancing blow you have, which means you have more chances to block 66% of incoming damage, and 66% of 250 is 165, so you can block WAY higher numbers this way.

Jaesun, Barugon and Girlsname like this.
  20. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Mitigation.

Evasion, Dodge

Parry, Fortify Defenses

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.