(NecroThread)Archery "adjustments"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Workin' on it. Nicest thing about this build so far is it allows me to solo some higher XP areas fast enough to be worth the time. Might try K'Rul tonight if i have some time. I can do the Monkey Room, but K'Kong and the dragon were a disaster last time I tried. Probably will be this time too, but at least I'm having some fun again. At least, I'd like to actually explore the scene without being killed a million times.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

An archer having fun again? Woohoo! If this thread did nothing else, at least it got some casual archers to enjoy their class again, this seems great! Sometimes it isnt about your choice of weapon, but simply how you use it! Some people might be too stubborn to actually try to change their way of doing things, but at least the open minded ones will rise again!

My current #1 questioning is how Sara manages with 0 magic AT ALL... It had always been one of the things I had considered, but never thought it possible, so now that I know he does it, can't wait to figure a way myself!

margaritte, Mac2 and Barugon like this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Good use of skills and run on the premise of kill it before it kills me :)

Mishikal likes this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

There must be a few must haves? Like how about healing? A bunch of greater and imbued health potions in a dynamic slot? Tons of things I wonder, and how strong did he need to be before he could solo attenuate (if he even can?)

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

After watching this, I don't want to hear any more about how great "air rangers" are, at least not in PvE. Mac clears out the entire lower zombie rooms in 6m30s, or about the time it takes me to kill 3 zombies.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

But a fire deck is great and all for wave clearing like in Tartarus, but stack him up against the Phoenix or the clockwork dragon, or even the spider queen, solo, and he either doesnt stand a chance or barely.

Meanwhile Girlsname can clear all 3 of those, run through Tartarus killing only the wisps for the swiftness belt drop, and all that in 15 minutes or less.

The difference is Mac can grind experience easily, meanwhile Girlsname can grind top tier artifacts easily.

And you know what? If Mac wants better loot, he can just tag along with his friend, and vice versa if Girlsname wants faster exp, thus the joy of having a multiplayer game.

Both decks have their speciality, stop biting in an apple and then complaining that it doesnt have a salty taste...

Dhanas likes this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh and Cora and Barugon have been giving us their win stories about how with some decent levels, not anything crazy, they now solo/clear more content than they expected, and actually stuff that I cant do with my current exp farming magic build within a same AL range, so where is the issue?

Barugon likes this.
  8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'm just talking about all the stuff on here about it being OP. I don't see it. There's trade-offs. Solo content, great, non-solo, not as great. Quite frankly my wife's build (my old build) of light armor spec + ranged spec still is easier to run UT with than air ranger so far, and I've far more XP invested in it at this point than she does in her ranger spec. She definitely could not do the large zombie room endlessly like I can, but she can get XP faster in UT than I can in the zombie room, so I'm still not seeing it as a win.

Norah East likes this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Because if you are using that build to solo rooms, you are doing it wrong. UT and the zombie room require AoEs, by adding Ring of Fire and Meteor Shower, both GM or so, with Banish Undead, you would have an easier time, even by staying an archer, but just adding a few tools to your kit.

Obviously certain builds and skills will do better or worse compared to others in different scenarios, that's the beauty of the game, not having a 1 kit fits all, and instead requiring you to adapt depending on your environment.

Yes fire mages are OP, and it is actually something Chris has said he was looking into how to fix it, so don't worry, they are in the crosshair too.

Mishikal likes this.
  10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'd disagree on UT. You can wipe it out fairly quickly as a solo archer, with all of the waves, fairly quickly if you have a good pull strategy. Probably not /quite/ as quick as AoE, but pretty fast. Just my air ranger does less total damage in that scenario as my wife's build because the crits aren't reliable. I imagine if I had more crit based gear I could eventually outpace her, although her ability to have flurry up for a long period of time helps her go faster vs my having to constantly play fleet flute and hit beserker stance. And if we're partying, she gets the fleet flute buff on top of flurry and goes even faster...

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Oh, and don't get me wrong... in many ways, I prefer the steady pacing of the zombie room solo, it doesn't have the frantic pacing of UT which gets wearying.

12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

13. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So true! I've done this, and definitely increased my Zombie XP rate a bit. On the solo fight bit, you're absolutely right. I killed a Darkstarr destroyer tonight (nearly 30k HP!) and a yellow dragon. I would have gotten the ancient yellow dragon too, but the yellow dragon reset.

14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Ok, and now I killed the ancient yellow dragon too! Damn!

15. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

In fact I had the most fun I've had in a while tonight in North Blackblade Mountains... I really hope the release on Thursday doesn't destroy this build :(

16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Thats good to hear man, that is why we play games, for entertainment.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Since Chris raised attunement to 2 million, I decided to take advantage of that and spend this release working on my skills. Here are some of the results (also taking advice from this thread):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can now solo UT in add-on/reward gear.

Asclepius, Jaesun, Mishikal and 6 others like this.
  18. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

fortify defenses add damage avoidance which will help you dodge more, shouldnt miss out on it since you can 6 stack it since you are tactics spec

Dhanas, Barugon, Mishikal and 2 others like this.
  19. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ya fortify is a key skill in my books, and 0 focus cost to boot.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'll check it out. What's the duration on a 6 stack?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.