Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Archery still really WEAK and the Loss of Focus so fast make it worthless.

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Weins201, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok went out again to test some Archery, As you can see it was VERY difficult to work and could NOT kill the Bear before I ran out of focus so I Just gave up :)

I also had worked up Earth to the Elemental and thought I would try that but once Cast if ate up 1/2 my focus so when I stated the fight I was already 1/2 done. After the Ele disappeared about 30 seconds, I was in the same boat as video above and out of Focus.

So Archery need some love FAST so does Taming .

and FOCUS NEEDS TO HAVE A REGEN SKILL ADDED.

Archery can work in a Support role but ? ? ?

Chatele and Artair Geal like this.
  2. AviarAmidar

AviarAmidar Avatar

I haven't played bow this patch, but from what I have seen and heard it definitely does not need any more love right now. From what I have heard bow does take longer to level up and become viable but once you do, it's very powerful. With my swords and the levels you were showing on your stats, I was still fighting skeletons or small wolves one at a time. I've noticed that the level you are now at (which you can look at by hitting the "v" key) appears to be very different from the same level before the patch. I am definitely not able to fight the same mobs at the same level I was before the patch.

3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I agree with Weins201 I have had the same issues ... I find it very hard to use the archery skills cause they drain focus way too fast .... How I survive? I wear plate and let the mob beat on me till I regain enough focus to kill it..... very boring..... Also running out of arrows too fast cause can only carry so much.... so I will wear my plate till the fix the archer....

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Noticing in this video you only used Blind shot, Piercing shot, and Disable, with soem spells.

Aimed shot does alot of damage. using the charge atack is also one of the big advantages of a bow, it charges higher than any other weapon. try using those more and see how you do. Piercing shot doesn deal much damage, but it ignores armor.

Aimed shot and the charged shot should be the archer's primary source of damage

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    KuBaTRiZeS and Haz like this.
  5. helm

helm Avatar

The thing is, to get even to a basic level (40 is the cutoff where you're considered to have a "normal" skill) one needs to spend around ten thousand arrows (reference here, my own experience is similar). With just about any other combat skill, one would easily be in the 70s or 80s with similar amount of effort. Actually I very much doubt that it would even be possible to reach anything close to grandmaster level (let alone higher than that) in archery without macroing and exploiting some bug. And there is even a good reason for that: it's a confirmed bug.

So you've "heard" that archery is very powerful, now you've "heard" that no it's not. Please don't take my or anyone else''s word for it but go ahead and try it. If any other skill (like, say, blades or bludgeons) would get the same "treatment", folks would be all over the forums complaining to no end, selling (or threatening to sell) pledges etc. etc. With archery, it's a bit of a pain even trying to get folks convinced that there might be an actual problem.

Chatele likes this.
  6. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Silly me, I am still wearing my Elven leather armor (because plate really messes up these underpowered (!) magic spells :confused:) But yeah, focus is draining way too quickly :eek: and you do need to either (1) run away or (2) let the mob beat on you until your focus builds up again. On the plus side, being attacked by foes builds up your Earth skill tree innates very quickly, allowing you to withstand their vicious blows even longer :rolleyes:

Chatele and Haz like this.
  7. Haz

Haz Avatar

Howdy folks,

You're right. Archery skills are weaker than they were last release, monsters don't seem to actually be stronger, but they do seem to be faster and have a larger aggro cone. I hope they change them back, but........

Weins, I'm not sure here, but like Aviar said, you may just be in a zone thats a bit high for the level your archer is at. My skills in archery are similiar to yours and I'm killing the bears located near the entrance to (I think it) West Ravenswood. They are not difficult, but you will remain on your toes. Not sure why you are not using auto shot as well. After my opening volley, I hit the auto shot key, and continue to fire what else is available on my hotbar. I'm also not quite sure, in a one on one fight, or even a bit of a lopsided fight (2 vs 1), why focus is a problem? Don't get me wrong, I run out of focus on occassion, but I manage my focus pool. I use combos when avail as it uses less focus, I allow my auto shot to go off a few times, as it doesn't use focus and I rebuild a bit. I wear leather and that's supposed to help. May I ask, what is your adventure skill, didn't see that mentioned and it makes a difference.

If I wore plate and stood around while getting beat on, I would get out of the archery business and into the melee biz. Standing there, as an archer and getting hit is NO FUN at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.