Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ardoris: Investigate the Tower (child murder quest)

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Prince Guni, Feb 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince Guni

Prince Guni Avatar

I found several old threads such as this one ( https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...oris-black-arrow-quest-spoilers-stuck.115691/ ) where people got stuck with this quest I am posting about here.

Unfortunately, even now I got stuck there as well. I investigated the tower and the target location in the tower, read all notes, talked to Rolf, accused Rolf, talked to the mother of the child, took all notes etc etc and there is still no quest progression.

Even *if* there is some way to solve this quest and even *if* some hardcore players (after reading forums or asking friends) somehow found whatever unintuitive way there is to complete this: for me this quest is broken, as it is for 95% of players, those who won't bother to ask for help or search forums but who will simply dump this game and give it bad Steam reviews. SotA has countles wonderfully designed scenes, an incredible amount of great artwork and game systems and I notice Portalarium has made huge progress in terms of stability, performance and lag. But broken quests are really a no-go, whereas for me there are two types of broken: 1. completely broken and technically impossible to solve and 2. impossible to solve for most players in a logical way. In some cases it is also not trivial to find starting points for quests appropriate to ones adventuring level, which makes this game a bit hardcore / less accessible to players, especially younger players.

Aside of reading bug reports and test playing quests yourself I suggest to systematically analyze all unsolved quests (especially those that were most recently acquired and partly solved) by players who stopped playing or posted bad Steam reviews. Or do some statistics about completion rates of quests to find those stumbling blocks or even bugs that most players can't overcome.

Feeyo likes this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yep I have this one also on stuck for ages.

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

By coincidence, I was recently working on fixes for this Black Arrow quest at the end of last week. I'm not sure about the timing here; I can;t tell if you played through the fixed version. I've got some questions to help me understand where you're stuck. I'll put them in the "spoiler" tag.

1. When you "read all notes" in the tower, did you only read them or did you take them into in your inventory?
    2. When you accused Rolf, did he say "You're right. I did it." or something else? If he said something else, do you remember what he said? (To properly accuse him, you MUST have the recall letter from the tower in your inventory.)
    3. If Rolf admitted to the killings, did you go to Captain Cugel (near the docks)? You should have gotten a compass marker pointing to him for the quest turn-in. Say "Rolf" to him to advance the quest.
    4. After informing Captain Cugel about Rolf, you should get two last tasks. One to tell Simone about her daughter and one to tell Tanya about her son. I'm assuming you didn't get these tasks, but please confirm this for me.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.