Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ardoris needs an overhaul

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

[​IMG]
    Can imaging several uses for this scene here.
    NPC's or a shady vendor. Or a encounter for the Avatar or used in the story as a location for a fight...

cheers

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Players should all get a hour long but very slight buff from being in the tavern for at least 10 mins straight. People could be encouraged to hang around the taverns, and sort their loot, or get some food which will also provide buffs. They could also integrate a player music competition system that only works in taverns, to encourage players to be there more often.

4EverLost, Kara Brae and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

100% with you, i have no clue how often i wrote this. Yes, this concept art shows exactly how pretty and full of live a city in SotA could be. Wonderful concept art!

Beaumaris likes this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, this was brought up way back when, back when Ardoris was introduced.

I had a whole list of ideas, including traders by the docks, vendors in street corners, water birds like storks by the docks.

I see some ivies growing on some of the row buildings there. I wonder how easy it would be from the dev's point of view to overlay ivies on player row homes, just for certain lots in Ardoris.

I'd also like to be able to catch carp (and maybe koi) in the canals of Adoris. Would be great to fish there.

mike11 and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Btw, I have some worries about the boatmen from a resident's perspective. People who enter Ardoris will skip over the player homes to go straight to Sequanna square. That means certain lots have less value because people will just teleport pass them and not see stores and vendors.

If we're going to have the boatmen, I'd think you should at least have to pay them a nominal fee? Though if its a small fee, I'm not sure that will make a difference with the concern.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Lord Woengus like this.
  6. agra

agra Avatar

I'd agree wholeheartedly, if the performance of the zone weren't the worst in the game (FPS-wise). Once that's resolved, bring on the gold sinks! ;)
    (put another way, having the teleport is the only reason I tolerate going there, currently)

Ice Queen likes this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Ah, Ardoris! The city of lag... I mean love!

8. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

You know what? I was just in Ardoris for the first time in probably a year and I was shocked I got 25-30fps rather reliably and I thought it looked a lot nicer than it used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.