Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

are rthere really 3 or 4 game modes?

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Skadinuk, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skadinuk

Skadinuk Avatar

i can hardly see a difference between solo, friends only and multi-gamer mode. even open, multi mode feels like a solo, offline game with a few, different acting npc (gamers).

social communication at its minimum isn't funny in an mmo: massive-multiplayer-online game.

well, you don't need mapchat in solo mode ... but if you open your door and enter the multi-player version, then you should be given possibilities or tools to communicate easily with many gamers. gamers are not afraid or weak and must not be protected against violent or unfriendly chat channels. ...

i understand, that a reporting system and game masters mean additional costs - on the other hand - can sota afford to lose gamers, who feel lost and lonely (especially new gamers, who recently entered the game)?

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the feedback. We are always working to polish and iterate upon our game to produce better player experiences. Moving this thread to the appropriate forum for it to be open for discussion, lest is languish in the land of bugs.

Thanks!

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Welcome to the Forums :)

What I see is you want a general Chat, sorry you are in the minority. The Majority here don't see the need as all it is a place for spammers, and then people rambling on about either a gank that happened to them or how badly they beat someone down. The very minor amount of really viable and useful stuff you are actually looking for is lost in the mumble.

There has been a request for the ability to yell in a scene which got some traction, but it needed to have a limit. Like perhaps allowed only 1 yell per hour . . . .

Other that that there is no need or desire for general chat by the majority.

Expand your friends list, join a guild, . . . . . with those you can talk to them at any time. Those are the people you want to associate with anyhow.

Hell the noble chat is almost a waste now to, Sad.

4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

The thing you need to understand is this game is in "early access", meaning we are all testers, the game hasn't "launched" yet, so the population is very small at the moment. Also, many players (myself included) exclusively play in SPO (single play online) because we prefer it. Your chr comes with a "event" book, that is where most the activity will be...

4EverLost likes this.
  5. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I'd love for there to be a general chat for new players and for everyone else that wants to use it, but alas I'm in the minority as well. We've been told no to the general chat though OP.

6. Lained

Lained Avatar

New Britannia doesn't have the internet yet so you can't talk to everyone in the world you have to step outside and meet new people.

4EverLost and Ice Queen like this.
  7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Welcome Skadinuk. The reason you don't see more players is because the game is still being wiped every three months, so any progress made is only temporary. That leaves only the hard core testers. The next wipe will be in April and the final wipe of characters is scheduled for July 28. The game will still be in Early Access after that, but at least progress won't be lost, so people will be coming in droves then.

8. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Skadinuk!

9. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, I think they could have been a bit more diplomatic in their replies.

Some things are intentionally old school...they have tried to stay away from a global chat, believe it or not I'm not I'm for that as I don't like reading a lot of gold spammers etc....hopefully you found some helpful people online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.