Are there any plans for more zones/community events to tie in to The Sword of Midras?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deadly Habit, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

I hope it's not too critical to state that quest and lore wise in game I feel a disconnect from the awesome novel available for the game The Sword of Midras.

The Lost Vale seems to be the biggest tie in which is nice, but is there plans for more?

I thought the dragon event would have some rewards and xp rather than just seemingly a public server stress test (like even say an emote or title).

I dunno if I'm the only one who feels a bit of disconnect from the novel and the lore/story in game. For example on reddit trying to find lore about the dragons (and the potential reason for the dragon event) if there was anything in the book to add to this or in game books (which I used to collect and love).

Also is there any update on future involvement and more novels from Tracy Hickman?

Daedwax likes this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The only lore we got for the Charge of the Dragons event is that the recent meteors the created the Quel Shardfall destroyed an ancient dragon near, awakening these fearsome beasts. Why they decided to attack cities cs not currently known.

I too hope to see more ties to the Blade of the Avatar series. Beyond the first book, Sword of Midras, there are two more books planned for the series. Additionally, a novella for Underworld Ascendant details sone Obsidian elves leaving Novia for the Stygian Abyss via a Rune Gate, which I hope we can find somewhere as well.

Daedwax and Olthadir like this.
  3. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

There will be a cloak you can purchase commemorating the book.

4. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

I'm half-way through the book right now, trying to avoid spoilers and skimming this thread, heh, but despite the rather shoddy prose, I'm really enjoying the book. I wish there were more such novels.

5. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Maybe I read too much into the book (it was great). and expecting more.

6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Not sure if the events from Sword of Midras can really be tied. The time lapse between the novel and the game is quite huge.

Many settings from the book are now merely remnants of what they were or even crumbling down to ruins

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

The only part (that I remember) of the game questline that ties in with the book is in the ruins of Midras. If you recall, you meet with the spirit of the Priestess who Aren Bennis chased after in the second chapter of the book: Ruin. In fact, if you talk to her about Aren Bennis she goes a little off the rails. Lamenting over what happened to the city.

Aside from that, I dont really remember any other tie ins other than obvious landmarks. Like Hilt, various ruins, certain towns and the massive succubus statue.

discipleofweb and Draugur2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.