Are there low level mines?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woodchuck, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Thank you so much! No mine is too far for gold digging!! I will investigate! :)

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I forget what tier it is off the top of my head (3, I think) but the underground section of Blackblade Foothills had a decent amount of copper and iron. Or maybe it was copper and silver. I did a lot of mining there before it was uncloned, but moved on to greener pastures around the time it was updated. I did spend a bit of time in the new version, though. There are some nodes scattered about above ground, but if you solve the puzzle and open the tunnel into the mountain, there's a decent amount more. (once you've solved it once, it's pretty easy to re open later.) Earth elementals at "ground" level, fire elementals down below. If you go too high up inside the mountain (near the ruins) you'll get ambushed by some tier 5 skeletons, so don't go too far up that path.

Jaesun, Woodchuck and Steevodeevo like this.
  3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Thanks!! I’m definitely not T3 capable yet. T2 is still challenging to me especially when mobs gang up on me! >_<

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I figured, but you'll need someplace to go once the T2 places get too easy. I found it a good stepping stone to Elysium.

Woodchuck likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

You should be at Tier 3 already. Have you done all 3 of the Virtue quests, up to getting the 3 banners?

Woodchuck and Steevodeevo like this.
  6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

No I havent finished any quest lines yet. I’ve started a few of them. Then got sidetracked just exploring. And now I’m addicted to harvesting resources so my avatar is developing very slowly... >_<

The Hendoman and Jaesun like this.
  7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Definitely pick up the 3 parallel main quest lines @Woodchuck and have a dabble every now and then, gives a bit of variety, but will help your level and support your crafting and gathering

Woodchuck likes this.
  8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Okay. I will try this weekend!

Steevodeevo likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That’s completely ok. Play the way you want.

Just keep in mind, the next time we get Double XP, you might consider going back and working on the 3 Virtue quests. You will get a CRAPLOAD of XP during that time.

But first and foremost, just do what you enjoy doing.

Woodchuck likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Owl's Nest used to be a really good noob mine. I think the ore spawn was severely nerfed though.

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I’m still super noob (T2), Owl’s Nest is T3!

The ore spawn rate everywhere i’ve been so far is really bad.. i’ve killed mobs spawning in same area multiple times over yet the resource never respawns after the first time i harvest them.. -_-

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

How often does Double XP events happen? Is it a regular thing like once a month? I’m thinking maybe I should just wait until the next Double XP to do the quests...

13. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Yeah, some areas are like that. If you want to stay in that location, you can sometimes try and swap to a different instance, otherwise, you may have to go somewhere else for 15-30min and return for those areas to respawn. I know you're probably too low level to try but Spectral Mines, top level has caverns of Iron Ore and Hardened Skeletons. If you can handle the skeletons, there are LOTS of ore veins and they respawn fast, faster than you can mine (with obsidian potion/skills/etc). But... it's just iron. Which is good sometimes.

Woodchuck likes this.
  14. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

One of the places you can get some ore is low level encounters. (if they have not changed them all to higher levels)

Woodchuck and Brugas like this.
  15. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Some of the t1 and t2 zones around Britanny and near the starter cities offer a decent mix of mining, harvesting and combat, so you can grab some ore and mats whilst leveling your Avatar to tackle some of the lower tier mines.

Not a massive amount of ore, but you can have fun and level at the same time, and raise your gathering skills whilst there.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Jaesun, Woodchuck and Lady Kathleen like this.
  16. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

That’s what I want right now, just iron! But alas, Spectral Mines T5 mobs will kick my T2 butt back to whence it came and then some.

It may as well be Gandalf stopping me!
    [​IMG]

Steevodeevo likes this.
  17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Yeah I like the encounters! Especially the stag ones, not so much the bandit ones.

18. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Yeah etceter mines are the hardest of the mines, Owls nest used to be the easiest - ignore the tier rating as the mine is nested within the zone and the bandits inside dont attack unless you do (unless thats changed)

Also they added 3 lower level mines, the lost silver mines, I think one entrance was in the town of jaanford under the waterfall, also theres a low tier gold mines accessable from the town of storms reach, also it has other entrances in a low tier zone east of aerie (cant recall which one) And then there is a third one someplace but I cant recall where

19. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Yeah it's been so long since I've done low tier zones, with the exceptions of the new mines and new revamped ones with the new quests. I usually try to knock out all the quests as they come, so the new mines seemed ok... but I couldn't gauge how well a lower level player might tackle it. Wish I could offer more help other than those and the road encounters. I heard about the rumor on Owl's Nest, just never went back there to check it out (usually just went to Elysium Mines, Crag Mines, and Spectral Mines and when I needed anything or mix it up with crag foothills, twins foothills, Deep Ravenwoods in Hidden Vale, and Ulfheim for adv xp/cxp and all the types of resources).

Woodchuck likes this.
  20. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Maybe you should invite someone to go with you to a higher level mine.
    (or create a public party). With even one higher level player with you, they can kill the stuff and heal you if you get in trouble.

Jaesun and Woodchuck like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.