Are two handed swords of elf slaying dropping?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schulz, Jun 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schulz

Schulz Avatar

I tried to use the data from @that_shawn_guy (thanks for putting that out!) but I am afraid I am not smart enough to figure it out. Release notes say they are supposed to drop from Kobold fighters, but I have been killing them by the job lot, and the only drop is the belt of the ox.

@Elgarion

Thanks for any assistance!

Van

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Artifacts are not listed at all on the public API.

3. Schulz

Schulz Avatar

Anpu likes this.
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Having hunted the kobalds, med and high level daily for months. Never had a drop other than the Ox belt also. I have killed over a thousand kobald and estimate that of that 15 to 20 percent are fighters. Perhaps 200 to 250 fighters is not enough of a sample size ?

5. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I have gotten 5 or 6 of them from Kobolds at Naryad Woods. Combined to an uncommon then got lucky and salvaged a blade gem.
    vj

6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Checked, definitely dropping :) Even this morning :)

Wilfred, Schulz and Violet Ronso like this.
  7. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

I have collected 2 of them myself very recently.

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are you actually using a LUA mod with a kill counter?

In general, while running around killing things you may feel like you are killing a lot of a certain creature, but in fact you are not. And also, many scenes just really don't actually have that many of certain creatures. You may have to try to find a better area with the specific creature you are looking for. Or the creatures you are killing just have the drop on them very low and have to find higher level ones.

Then there's also the Drop Chance and RNG system for loot. Sometimes you get lucky and then sometimes it just feels terrible.

9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I appreciate your points, but if you pull up my kill stats you will find I probably kill more Kobalds than 95 percent of the players. Most of those kills are in Spectral peaks a high level area. Won a prize once on the kobald kill numbers, a Warlock's chain!

Edit: Name is Turk Key in game if you want to pull the stats.

Anpu likes this.
  10. Schulz

Schulz Avatar

Thanks for checking @Elgarion

Wilfred likes this.
  11. Elgarion

Just remember too, perhaps if you're killing kobolds in a wave battle/control point type encounter, you'll often find that mobs in those environments have reduced drop rates. If ever you feel an entire section of one creature type isn't dropping what it should (after giving it a good go please), I can check those mobs to be certain they're assigned the right loot tables. I just removed some Lich loot tables from Satyr's not long ago, so definitely possible. Essentially though, vary where you hunt, you might find better results in different tiers, locations.

Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  12. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

@Elgarion were the changes made to the ancient legendary sword (now the elf slaying sword) retroactive? I have a legendary somewhere but not seen it since the changes

13. Elgarion

There were some stat changes as well as a name change for the item. Should still be in the exact spot you left it (if you can remember where) :p You can always put in a ticket at support@portalarium.com if you need assistance finding it if it's still on your account.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  14. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

I've got a few from yellow bundles as well.

15. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

decided to try out naryad. went there + skrekk + k'rul for an hour. no swords. plenty of belts. here are my stats. (image on the right is my lua kill window for the hour)
    [​IMG]

Anpu likes this.
  16. Elgarion

I can dive deeper in. K'rul should be an optimal spot for farming Kobold thingies. I'll see what loot table they're using in comparison to which tables the sword is assigned to. I'll try to peek early next week. In my to-do list.

Wilfred, Fetid SirDidy, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

FWIW, I've gotten two of them in the last half hour farming Forest Manglers at the Kobold logging camp in South Boundless Forest.

Schulz, Elgarion, Wilfred and 2 others like this.
  18. Elgarion

Ah I see. K'rul does not have a good representation of Kobold Fighters. So probably not the optimal spot to farm that arti. I recommend looking for places that have T2 through T10 kobold melee with swords, hammers and axes. K'rul is mostly brawlers, gunners and grenadiers which provide different loot. Drops rates look fine overall on the elf slayer sword, but it is the lowest of the arti swords, so perhaps a bit low. I'll try to do another mini-boss like I did the for the Forest Mangler so folks have a good drop location for it, perhaps add to a daily somewhere at some point soon after as well. In my notes to improve for R92.

19. Elgarion

I just adjusted the drop rates on the elf slaying sword a bit. Still on kobold fighters T1-T10, but sometimes as much as a double drop rate from before. Should bring it up more on par with the other arty swords. Just remember, it's not brawlers, gunners or grenadiers. If I do a mini-boss, it'll likely be in Greymark Forest. That's still in my notes, but not necessarily for R92.

20. cikken

cikken Avatar

I get 1 or 2 Two Handed Swords of Elf Slaying when I hunt in Kobold Expeditionary Camp on Estgard. I typically hunt there for an hour or 2 at at time. The only thing huntable that spawns in this zone (tier 5+) is kobolds. I completely wipe out the area in about 10 or 15 minutes and they are still spawning faster than I can kill them. A complete run is probably about 40 or 50 of them. So that gives you some idea of the number I have to kill to get that 1 or 2 artifacts. I usually kill until I get 1 million xp pooled then call it quits. That usually take me an hour and a half.

Tirrag likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.