Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Are you attenuating in the Fire Water Earth Wind Swamp?

Discussion in 'Release 61 Feedback' started by Vladamir Begemot, Dec 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just curious if it's at UT level for XP?

2. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I was there yesterday with my death build
    - Couldnt do undead camps because-- UNDEADS :(
    - The mushrooms spawns didnt give any health when using death ray on them so not douable with death build either.
    - The Kobold area - some oversized kobolds (4k/5k hp) with same loot as a 500 hp kobold they have high resists takes a long time to solo so low yield xp.
    -The 2 mechanical monkeys with 10k hp have high death resist so no go.
    -Theres also spawns with big mechanoid creatures ( oversized spider hackers) but they drop metal scraps and again slow to kill so not worth solowing for xp.
    -The only area i could chain was the gold/coral slimes and the Big Trees ..but thats only 500k xp/hour ...trees drop ashen hearts like 1 in 20 and the slimes drop ooze and some cats grace rings .

Overall the respawn timers are comparable to UT ...but the fact that 70% of creatures in there are immune or high resistant to death tree is not very appealing for me. Fire mages might think different . Also didnt get any bundles while in there ...while UT drops bundle lot more.

3. golruul

golruul Avatar

I attenuated with a friend. Both of us were melee.

Not sure how long it took or when we attenuated, as I wasn't watching closely.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  4. golruul

golruul Avatar

Thanks for detailed post.

A long time ago I gave up being a mage because of all the creature resists/immunities and instead went heavy armor+blades because that could handle anything without issues. With the whole respec thing coming up I was contemplating dropping blades/tactics and picking up death/fire spec again.

Not anymore....

5. golruul

golruul Avatar

There was a Spawn of Sobek croc and some obsidian + boss boar near the slime and trees that you can add to your rotation.

6. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Yeah forgot about those... was also chaining those with the trees and ooze ...but none drop weapons or bundles so from that point of view UT is better gold and xp wise/hour.

Dhanas and Jaesun like this.
  7. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Anyway dont want to sound to harsh... but without being able to test the undead camps .... The big trees are a great addition and i will be farming them for hearts in the future ... its a great area for group i think .

8. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Need to get rid of the resist nonsense.

I don't see what exactly this adds to the game.

As an air mage I have to carry around a bow and/or level up a bunch of other trees I don't want to use

Swapping a skill or two to match the situation makes sense. Having to level up a bunch of different trees so you can swap to an entirely different class is ridiculous.

Edit - Actually I don't even know why I call myself an air mage. Any kind of higher tier content generally makes me resort to meteor/fire or I'll be there all day.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Dhanas and Chatele like this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Huh, we didn't even see the slimes area. I did get a yellow bundle, though.

I think UT is better XP, because you just can't kill the stuff in the Fire Swamp that quickly. But at least the Fire Swamp is more interesting.

10. golruul

golruul Avatar

Duo'ed this again (both melee) and attenuated in about 50m via the trees, slimes, crocs, and boar area. Coral slime coming in for some surprise rear action was not pleasant.

Loot sucked, obviously, although I did get 3 ashen heartwoods from the trees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.