Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Are you aware at Portalarium that there are players elsewhere than USA ?

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Kliirkast, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

The release party is in a new place each month. I suggest asking @Amber Raine if youre ever questioning where the next one will be.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Personally, in my old age, Im getting a little irked with having to sign up to so many websites about the same thing - mailng port puts it on the one on this site, I dont really want to be checking even more sites.. I didnt even know that one existed..

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Good Morning/Afternoon Avatars,

I saw this post because I was tagged so thought I would jump in and say hello. The world has so many different time zones it is quite difficult to get something going that everyone can attend. We have this issue also with the New Britannia Theatre Troupe and trying to get plays on at a time that even our small team are all able to attend -- We have people in Asia and Australia as well as USA and Canada. It becomes quite the challenge but we try.

As for the release party. We have found that 2pm NBT is a good time for a majority of the community. It is still a very rough time to have it for many but the majority are able to attend. We have it every friday after release and have had that for 39 months and will continue into the future.. Avatars Radio has a post on the forums where people can sign up to host them in the future.. you can find that here -- https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/avatars-radio.7035/page-24

I would be thrilled to see other people start up events that are in different time zones that end up being in the wee hours of the north american hours.. I personally don't sleep much.. so I would be thrilled to actually have something to do at 3am my time :)

If anyone would like help in trying to figure out how to set up an event, they would like assistance in radio/music or they would just like directions on where to put their events so others can see them... We have some great community members that are willing to help and have been doing it for years as well as 2 great radio stations in New Britannia with some fantastic DJs that would love to help liven up your events with music..

Avatars Radio - Any of the DJs there are happy to help bring fun and excitement to your events.

WRFB -- I suggest Selene as your DJ -- she's simply amazing.

Thank you Kazyn for the tag ;) It is great to see people wanting more events, now to help everyone get those events to be a thing! :D

Hornpipe and Numa like this.
  4. tphilipp

tphilipp SotA Dev Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm in France indeed, but yeah, since everybody else of the team is in the US, I think there always will be some bias, although definitely not intentional... I do give similar feedback like the OP myself, from time to time, however, I don't always see the game objectvily from a player's perspective, either. So please keep reporting, it's valuable input.
    Only thing that is really hard to make happen for everyone is timezone based things :(

Hornpipe and AvatarGG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.