Arena/Gladiator Tourneys "Gladiator Games"

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Would you participate one way or another in "Gladiator Games"

1. YES (Can you smell, lell, lell, lell, lell what the Rock is cooking!)

97 vote(s)
    85.8%
  2. No ( i cant bear to see all the blood!)

16 vote(s)
    14.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Everyone must Register to fight between, 630pm eastern time, and 750pm eastern time.

I will let you know who to /zone to as soon as i make my new character.

The event will start at 8pm eastern, as close to "on the dot" as possible.

If you have not registered, you will not be able to compete.

The first event of R23 will be on the 12th of Nov. All my times are Eastern for now. There will be an Add on prize, only for the winner (single matches) or Winners (team) matches depending on what set up for the event that night.

All of my battlegrounds will be unique in some way, and have rules as set before hand! Watch this thread, or this one

Gladiator Wars pre release events

to see what kind of matches will be happening and what the rule set will be.

If any rules are broken during the event you will automatically be disqualified!

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

"Gladiator Wars" pre release battles!

For this release you will have to /zone Ebon Viper, to register or join the event . Dont forget to register with me, prior to fighting or you will not be able to participate or win the prizes. There will be One prize for the best fighter or the best team. There is no second or third place prizes. I hope to see you all on Thursday the 12th at 8pm eastern time. Remember to register this time, registration starts at 630pm eastern and promptly ends at 750 pm eastern.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

Why do I get the feeling that the word "disqualified" actually means something really drastic ?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Sorry guys i mis put the date it will be the 12th at 8pm

Time Lord likes this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Just a reminder to all "Gladiator Wars" pre release battles!

For this release you will have to /zone Ebon Viper, to register or join the event . Dont forget to register with me, prior to fighting or you will not be able to participate or win the prizes. There will be One prize for the best fighter or the best team. There is no second or third place prizes. I hope to see you all on Thursday the 12th at 8pm eastern time. Remember to register this time, registration starts at 630pm eastern and promptly ends at 750 pm eastern.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

we will be doing one on one PVP tonight 11/12/2015, for a $20 dollar add on credit. /zone Ebon Viper, Location will be Kingsport.

The rules will be.

No outside interference

No use of potions

1 winner in the bracket

1st fighter will pick his competitor and I will fill the bracket from there on.

Fighters must stay in arena.

We will need at least 5 fighters to play for the prize.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Time Lord likes this.
  7. Jobe

Jobe Avatar

Great event blaquerouge (Ebon Viper)! Thanks for getting prize to me in full and fast, awesomely handled man. Thanks for the good time and hope to join more of your events in the future!

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

there will be no PVP event tonight 11/19/15, due to new release. practice makes perfect see ya next week 26th after your Thanksgiving dinners!

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Tonights event will be held in Kingsport at 9pm eastern time (US). Please Register with Ebon Viper between 7pm and 8pm Eastern time (US).

Tonights Event is based on being Thankful for having friends who would save you from the Enemy if you were captured!

The rules are simple enough,

There has to be at least 3 teams for this event.
    2 teams of 2 players, one the captive, and the other the extraction unit!
    No going outside of the village lot.
    The captive will be in the captured postion on the opposing team, and cannot fight until your teammate gets to you.(the captive cannot be attacked until he/she is on their way back to safety) Once your teammate gets to you, both team members can fight together to get back to your safe area. (the Capture point)
    All spells are legal.
    All potions are legal.
    No summoned pets, Or Elementals.(Liches, skeles, phoenix etc... you cannot use anything that is summoned!)
    Any outside interference will stop the fight abruptly
    , and it will be restarted.
    There will be 1 prize per team that wins overall, each member of that team will get a 25$ addon store credit.

Teams that will compete have to be at the Arena by 830pm Eastern time (US) there will be no late arrivals this time around.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

/Zone Ebon Viper between 8 and 9 Pm eastern time (US), You can also whisper me your registration with team members. You will have to be at the arena at 830pm any teams that are not there will be out of the competition.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Thanksgiving Event today has been cancelled but will happen next week Dec 3rd. Same set up! :) just listen to this over and over until then..............

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

All PVP events by "Gladiaitor Wars" has been cancelled until futher notice. I will post here when there is an event coming up (with Prizes) I need to concentrate on other things at the moment, "Gladiator Wars" is set and ready to go when we go live i look forward to seeing all competitors!

Time Lord, Mata, Gaelis and 2 others like this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Just a Note "The Gladiator Wars" is still on the plate for the final release! Fear Not PVPrs! and Fans!

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

had to post this :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Time Lord and Adam Crow like this.
  15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Still happening so dont worry! :)

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Recap of "Gladiator Wars" for those that may have missed this.

To all New and upcoming Guilds and Towns, Prepare your warriors for "Gladiator Wars"! Here's the deal in a nutshell so far....

1 vs 1 "Gladiator Champion" (Anything goes)

1 vs 1 "Spell Slinger" champions (Magic only)

2 vs 2 "Brothers in Arms" Champions (Anything goes)

3 vs 3 "Gladiator Team" Champions (Anything goes)

All battles will be no interference from the outside, We will have guards if needed.
    The "Spell Slinger" will be only magic, if any melee or range is used, execution is the price! So please keep it to spells only for that particular battle!
    There will be prizes given for those events!! (Add ons or Gold Pieces , To be announced prior to the grand event!) This is only an Annual event, once a year! Don't miss out on it!

We will be Commentating the matches and each fighter can pick their own entrance music, live or recorded interviews (*exclusive to Gladiator Wars only) via www.avatarsradio.com get in contact with Amber Raine, for selections of intro music.
    In addition to that, If selected by blaquerogue/Torniquet(*in game) your vendor will be spotlighted via www.avatarsradio.com
    Contact blaquerogue via messages in the forums.

Also if you do not claim a town or guild you can inquire with blaquerogue/ Torniquet/Ebon Viper/ Squirrel (*in game), who will be sponsoring a few of you that don't have a guild or town.

Also look up those characters in game for training and help. When the game goes live, Torniquets "PVP School of Don't Dirtnap" will have registrations open for those that may need a little help, we will have special guest trainers as well!

I look forward to meeting you all in the releases, feel free to ask for help or ask questions about all the above, through messaging or in game when I'm running around!
    Read through the rest of this thread to familiarize yourself with what "Gladiator Wars" is all about, and updated changes as well.

Each town or guild will sponsor their fighters for "Gladiator Wars" no more than 3 per town or guild.

These events are sponsored solely by myself and a few volunteers, when there are prizes involved it come from pocket and/or charity, by myself and others. Even though we may have guild titles above our names, by no means is it sponsored by that guild, town, or Devs. (unless one of them decide to offer up stuff) in situations like that, I will then announce who offered up stuff. "Gladiator Wars" is solely itself with no sides (we are Neutral, and we invite friends and enemies alike to participate and compete) All are welcome to come and participate or spectate.

In addition to all this there will be various "Gladiator Wars" sponsored battles throughout the year, so you can all get a little taste of the Major Competition at the end of the year.
    Keep an eye on this post for upcoming "Gladiator Wars" sponsored events! (im lousy at getting in touch with people who devise the player events book in your inventory) This post is open for suggestions from the populace as well for different types of battles.

Once again if interested please contact me via message here, if you have no town or guild there is still a place for you. Torniquet or Ebon Viper will not be competing in these events since we run them! we will on the other hand be building a Gladiator team to be in the event, with no town or guild affiliations. Called "The Rogue Gladiator Team" if interested please contact me via message here. I will have tryouts for the team in the near future. Until then keep on PVPing!

17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Biography of .................blaquerogue/Torniquet/Ebon Viper.

I started playing UO when it started whatever date that was. I played a Pk Hunter ( i hunted down Pkrs) I used to be a victim back in the day, i would be out chopping wood just to get ganked out of nowhere! Yes it sucked and i got mad! i almost quit but then decided that i would become a (hunter of pks) after meeting a bunch of other characters that got ganked (victims) we formed a guild called "Consider Your Sins" (CYS) after i got decent i made friends with some of the pkrs and learned their trade, then i took that education and put it to use, ganking them!Sometimes alone most of the time with a group!

When i formed the guild CYS, My name was Dirtnap - Pestilence was my title, My friend Werewolf -Death was his title and Lady - Famine her title helped run the guild. We were on Chesapeake (i think was the name of our shard) back then, and we had over 50 members in our guild. We also had the reds on run status when any of us were around, the only rule we had was to kill off all the reds or die trying! So if a red saw us they either ran or called in reinforcements, we also called in reinforcements! We had Moongates marked at most of the popular red zones. Yew areas, dungeons etc... When Trammel came into being most people stayed in Trammel, and the hunt was boring no one to help anymore, reds only hunted each other and few blues came over to pvp. the flame flickered out. It wasn't that much fun anymore.
    I was there when Lord Blackthorne (i believe was the name, im sure Darkstarr can correct me if im wrong) decided to raid every town, I loved those days! I was at most of the gatherings that the GM's held, I was also at some of the town hall meetings spread throughout the US. I loved UO with a passion and surely miss those days!

After that i played Halo online, Global Alert (pvp), then i played WOW that is when Blaquerogue was born! I was a Night Elf Rogue/assassin. Many nights would I by myself or with friends start wars between Alliance and Horde that lasted hours on end. South Shore was my favorite area, to hunt down Horde! (or be hunted by them!) I look forward to seeing some sort of decent PVP in this game, the only reason i bought into this game was because of Richard Garriot and Darkstarr. RG designed a game i will never forget UO, and i hope to see a little of that here in this game, customization of houses and characters and some decent PVP.

Most people came into this game wanting to be crafters to make a living or to RP, Me on the other hand decided from Day one, that i was going to run "Gladiator Wars" for a living. I talked it over with a few people, one person in particular took a liking to my idea (We both love to watch WWF, WCW or whatever name they come up with), So Amber Raine and I came up with an excellent idea, run "Gladiator Wars" like WCW, WWF etc... with intro music interviews and smack talking, Via Avatars Radio and to end up settling it in the ring! All this before Release 4 of SOTA ;):cool: We look forward to seeing you all battling it out in "Gladiator Wars"

18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

':eek:~Extremely Time Lord Approved!~:confused:!'
    Our SOTA Fight Competitions and Championships! "If you've yet to see them, they're fantastic!"
    and our famed player fighting event holder @blaquerogue knows how to put on a tournament!
    [​IMG]
    "But It's a Spectacular Spectators Sport as Well" :D!'
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

ARE YOUR WARRIORS READY??? GLADIATOR WARS - COMING SOON, VERY SOON!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Calling all towns and guilds..............................

Gladiator Wars will be starting up next month, it will only be preliminaries for awhile, so towns guilds and groups can build thier teams, and pick fighters accordingly.

Starting next month i will be holding Gladiator Wars every Saturday (its the only time i have off of work) at 9pm Eastern/19:00 Eastern. Teleport to Torniquet.

All Owners that wish to have Gladiator Wars in thier POTs, please contact me with your in game name and your town so i can start devising a list, i would like to move from town to town monthly, which will give you all a chance to sell and showcase your goods.

If somone feels like running bets on the side, id love that as well, we can talk hit me up in PM, and well talk.

Finally before i close this out Anyone ive talked to about setting up Gladiator Wars in thier towns please re contact me on it, i had alot of life changing situation this year moving to a new place and having my mother pass away, so during the move i lost the notebook i had all the names and towns in.

Sincerely Torniquet/aka blaquerogue

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.