Arena/Gladiator Tourneys "Gladiator Games"

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Would you participate one way or another in "Gladiator Games"

1. YES (Can you smell, lell, lell, lell, lell what the Rock is cooking!)

97 vote(s)
    85.8%
  2. No ( i cant bear to see all the blood!)

16 vote(s)
    14.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

lol or if your fighting a match against someone and all of a sudden *poof* 2 pissed off monsters appear and jump in the frey! lol chaotic so chaotic!

2. Gau2

Gau2 Avatar

That type of thing is exactly what I was thinking about with my proposal for the COLOSSEUM!!!!!! "Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt" : Roman poet Juvenal, 1st cenury A.D.

3. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Yup, if they deny the full pvp open loot then they need to fix it with something massive like that.

4. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

Actually, in the format presented in the OP, I would likely not take part. Too much like a sports show — there is a reason why I whenever I watch any sporting event I do so either from my (2 monitors) computer or with some other gadget or form of entertainment on hand, so I can ignore all the fake drama, the rilling, the commentary, that I tend to not enjoy, and use the time those would occupy for something that is either productive or else that I enjoy. Depending on who is doing the commentary it's not rare for me to watch sport events with the TV on mute, even.

I would likely enjoy something that just focused on the core experience of fighting, though. Part of why I really love random queuing for battlegrounds, arenas, or other kinds of PvP; I can just sit in front of my computer, load the game, and lose myself in an endless stream of fighting, without interruptions to disturb the flow.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

A coliseum has already been in the mix :) give it time!

Time Lord and Brian like this.
  7. Ara

Ara Avatar

Arena fighting or battlegrounds are poor excuses of PvP especially since there wont be any risk vs reward or consequences. No loot make it uninteresting and close to a WoW battleground ruleset.

Definetly not something i would be involved in.

What is at stake? Your pride sure but add loot and it will get more interesting for the ones that seek risk vs reward in their PvP.

As far as i am concerned this is just another example of casual PvP which is ok but there need to be a more hardcore version for players that want more risk vs reward in their game. More consequences.

UO had it's duel and free for all tourneys and just about all rewarded the winner with the opponents loot. That was risk vs reward PvP and the most skillful player got his well deserved reward.

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

there are prizes awarded, and its not to take the place of PVP open world full loot etc.. I too want that, its just a gladiator battle with prizes.

9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

New announcement AvatarsRadio, has already been posting commercials, and echoes from the cavern podcasts is involved as well with commercials, as well as some others to help support all of this. Working on trying to figure out how death will work making it a no loss of karma etc... for matches with Devs. Working on a "spotlight" interview with FireLotus as well. so things are really looking good so far!

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Just so all know based on wins and such i will be giving out add-ons for prizes. and/or in game gold. depending on what i can personally afford :) I hope everyone gets into this event, invite your friends, and keep in mind you can bet on the fighters, and win in game gold (or lose it!;)) Cant wait to see everyone there when it opens! Also as a reminder it will be open shortly after the game is finished and goes live! :)

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

When it comes down to the final Championship, the ideas for prizes are lot and house (still just ideas!) Thats what im shooting for and possibly a title to wear around until the next championship match!

Brian and Time Lord like this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Here's what i am in the process of working on at the moment for "Gladiator Games/Battles"

The ring - no looting, no karma/virtue loss, and possibly a place the player can go when hes, OOOOooOo'ed in the arena or in one of the rooms in there.

Outside ring - players watching wont be able to attack or heal outside the arena in the viewing areas.

Gladiators - Each player town pick 5 or less of their best fighters (which will be town events) i could run the arena there, or the town owner can run his. either or.

Gladiators - anyone PVP or PVE can participate, going back to flag when fight is over to thier original flag.

Coliseum of some sort - where 3 v3 can fight and monster dropped in to fight the fighters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Bracket - 20 fighters or more depending on turn out, going up against each other until there are 2 left for the Main Event. each guild will have one 3 v 3 team for Gladiator Team" Champions We'll hold matches weekly or bi- weekly.

Betting - There will be betting on the side for the matches and well have a bookie, taking the bets and paying the payoffs.

Town/Village/City - 10% of take for entrance fees, and entry fees for the fighters to fight, will Go to towns holding the events when i am running it (this is where the towns, and people can come into play as sponsors for their fighter)

Vendors - I will set up a booth for crafters to sell their wares, and Taverns can run the refreshment and food. they will be spotlighted at the event as well.

Prizes - for the main fights when it gets down to top 10, i will buy add-ons as prizes for the winners, possibly a lot for the champion, maybe a house, possibly monetary earnings up to the top ten for winners, (based on how much i can afford)

Avatars Radio - Amber and I will be doing live coverage of the matches, and commentating, sometimes with guest commentators, well also have commercials for it and get some fighters to do interviews as well on the radio.

So there you have what is going on in the background with the "Gladiator Games/Battles" ill try to keep everyone updated in the progress.

13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Maybe put some obstacles in the arena as well, so you could jump off, dodge around, maybe have trap doors that shoot up spikes, randomly or fire, or wall spikes! I can think f many ways to make it more interesting! :)

14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    CaptainJackSparrow

Didn't they use to flood the Colosseum for naval battles? :p No really, if Portalarium crush all of our hopes by removing real Open PvP from Shroud of the Avatar, then they had better build us the biggest in-game fighting Arena which encompasses all possible things and styles!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yep :rolleyes: what jack Said...
    ~Time Lord~;)

15. keldonlighthand[BEAR]

keldonlighthand[BEAR] Avatar

This sounds good be fun to play and maybe become a superstar in the arena.

16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I hope all will enjoy it!, maybe the designers can focus some quest or something around it. Im really looking forward to running this as well. I will probably have some sort of training school too, training people how to fight. The fighters in the ring will definitely be hyped up before the matches, with interviews also, like a week prior, and during the week. Im really going to enjoy running this, and i have a lot of help around me to make it all happen!

17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

can we have in game ring girls! and maybe vendor sponsored billboards on the coliseum wall? :p
    • [​IMG]

18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

19. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

[​IMG]

You called me master!

Only one suggestion.

Ad the Thumb up and Thumb down animation.

20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Quick Notes on fighting and stuff for R7 to get started fast when you log in.

1.) Click the (K) button, then pick your skills and skill points, drag those icons to your bar at bottom of screen. (you'll need to press them to use them)

2.) Take all the weapons from the armor shop/guard house in the main city above owls head. (look for the market its there) remember on next release you will be stealing it! so you might not want to do that on R8 :)

3.) click (I) button and find your weapon and armor of choice in your pack.

4.) put what ever tools you want in the boxes that are empty skinning knife, hammer whatever. You click those to skin your prey or chop wood.

5.) Once armored up go into the clink and loot chests(evilgrin) and fight the monsters in there, (keep in mind you can take anything that lets you take it until the next release when they probably will attack you for stealing.) to grab items open back pack (I) button and drag those items into it,

6.) Don't forget to loot your kills or skin etc.. it can be sold.

7.) Enjoy the game!

Final note = the clink is a good place to start and get used to your skills! (clink is to the left of the archway leading into the village towards FireLotus tavern) After a couple runs in there solo you can go back to the armorer and buy good armor. or go to the vendors and buy stuff!

/z puts you in combat mode (draws and puts away your weapons)

Mata, Khloec and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.