Arena/Gladiator Tourneys "Gladiator Games"

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Would you participate one way or another in "Gladiator Games"

1. YES (Can you smell, lell, lell, lell, lell what the Rock is cooking!)

97 vote(s)
    85.8%
  2. No ( i cant bear to see all the blood!)

16 vote(s)
    14.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Good Battles today! Everyone look out for Abydos! ( I wont give away your trick, it took me so long to see!) Ill just say i wont be chasing you along walls! lol
    But it was good fun, your definitely a worthy opponent!

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

heres some help if you are having problems building a deck done by Duke Violation and the Mad Hermit

Props to you both Mad Hermit and Duke_Violation

TheMadHermit and Time Lord like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Heres some pvp Discussion if you missed it..............

Time Lord likes this.
  4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

During release 8, i had the opportunity to train a few of the players around Vengeance's Boat house. I taught them the best way to set up their cards, and how to fight through our private messages during the fights, and it all worked out great! The people i taught how to set up their cards did quite well in combat over all! I was really pleased to see them rocking the battleground!
    I even spent time fighting side by side with a few of them during tournaments. Over all it was a great time PVPing! The cards were a little bit complicated to get used too, but eventually things kind of fell in place! When the game does go live and throughout the R-releases, it will be my pleasure to teach anyone how to set up cards and the best way to counter act what your enemy casts or does. When the game does go live finally, I will have a training school for anyone interested. Feel free to contact me through the forums for questions. During the game i will be training people most of the time when im not playing the quests or competing! Another great reason to visit the town of "Vengeance" I will be having a training school there for all to come and train up their skills, and get them ready for future matches! Also I will pick a few fighters, I will sponsor for the many events involving PVP. So i look forward to seeing you all in Vengeance, and be sure to stop by Torniquets "Dont Dirtnap" PVP school in the town of Vengeance.
    I cant wait for the next release!

5. Khloec

Khloec Avatar

blaquerogue took his time to show me what was what with regards combat and lots more about the game that i never knew. And it was a lot! He then introduced me to my first team pvp, and we did quite well. Winning one and losing another just. I think it was my fault for not attacking the right opponent at the right time but he never even scolded me, However the bench he made me carry back to his house perched on top of a mountain later, was very heavy ....training he called it, i think punishment :(
    Whatever it was :) I had a great day, and learnt lots and lots. Anyone thinking of learning combat/pvp will do no wrong in his tutorage. Much respect.

Time Lord and blaquerogue like this.
  6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Just got back from traveling the world looking for Gladiators! Everything is still a go with "Gladiator Wars" please contact me via messaging! Send a character profile and background, the format is in the threads before this! Looking forward to seeing some of you in r9!

Time Lord likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

When R9 comes out feel free to look me up (Torniquet Vengeance) i will be more than happy to help you set your deck up :) So you can be a decent opponent in the midst of all the PVPing going on! I love to teach people when it comes to PVP, so it not a bother for me! See you in R9!

Time Lord, Isaiah [MGT] and Mata like this.
  8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Ahh so that's who you are in the game. Changing names from the forums into the game is kind of tough to keep track of. ;)

I wonder if they will have a dev+ test in advance since they had so much work to do in a shorter period of time this month?

Time Lord likes this.
  9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yeah had to go with something i would be using in the game blaquerogue was just a place filler :)

Time Lord likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

For all the new people just arriving in SOTA please check out this thread! Its bound to be fun and full of excitement!! "Gladiator Wars" coming to a town near you! Contact blaquerogue for any and all info on it!

Time Lord likes this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

To all New and upcoming Guilds and Towns, Prepare your warriors for "Gladiator Wars"! Here's the deal in a nutshell so far....

1 vs 1 "Gladiator Champion" (Anything goes)

1 vs 1 "Spell Slinger" champions (Magic only)

2 vs 2 "Brothers in Arms" Champions (Anything goes)

3 vs 3 "Gladiator Team" Champions (Anything goes)

All battles will be no interference from the outside, We will have guards if needed.
    The "Spell Slinger" will be only magic, if any melee or range is used, execution is the price! So please keep it to spells only for that particular battle!
    There will be prizes given for those events!! (Add ons or Gold Pieces , To be announced prior to the grand event!) This is only an Annual event, once a year! Don't miss out on it!

We will be Commentating the matches and each fighter can pick their own entrance music, live or recorded interviews (*exclusive to Gladiator Wars only) via www.avatarsradio.com get in contact with Amber Raine, for selections of intro music.
    In addition to that, If selected by blaquerogue/Torniquet(*in game) your vendor will be spotlighted via www.avatarsradio.com
    Contact blaquerogue via messages in the forums.

Also if you do not claim a town or guild you can inquire with blaquerogue/ Torniquet (*in game), who will be sponsoring a few of you that don't have a guild or town.
    Also look up Torniquet in game for training and help. When the game goes live, Torniquets "PVP School of Don't Dirtnap" will have registrations open for those that may need a little help, we will have special guest trainers as well!
    I look forward to meeting you all in the releases, feel free to ask for help or ask questions about all the above, through messaging or in game when I'm running around!
    Read through the rest of this thread to familiarize yourself with what "Gladiator Wars" is all about, and updated changes as well.

Each town or guild will sponsor their fighters for "Gladiator Wars" no more than 3 per town or guild.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

"Gladiator Wars"!!! Coming to a town near you!! Dont miss out on the annual event!!! Build your characters strong and durable! Sign up as soon as you can! For Vendor and/or un-sponsered Fighters! Space will be limited.

Torniquets "School of Don't Dirtnap" accepting students of all calibers! Message blaquerogue via forum messaging !!

Time Lord likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Well now that release 9 is over, its time to reflect.

On day one - I basically built up my house and decorated it, i now know how my office will look!My in game name during releases is "Torniquet Vengeance" feel free to look me up!
    On day 2 - I Met up with a player named Xanathaur, and showed him how to make some quick money by crafting and harvesting and gave him a tour of the clink, and its special secret spots. I Gave away some crafting recipes to a couple new people so they could make stuff. Then i helped him build up his skills and deck based on his play style for PVP and took him to the Brave Coast.
    We PVP'd and he killed me twice right off the bat! (Hence my job teaching him to PVP was done!) He did well and im sure he enjoyed the PVP from that point on!
    Then everyone was invited to the team pvp with the devs! It was awesome!! I loved every minute of it, and now i know that the "Gladiator Wars" set up is going to be able to happen!!!!
    Day 3 - Was all combat and no work day! It all started at the res point on Brave Coast, met up with Celestial, Abydos, Violation and the boys from Vengeance and a bunch of others and we had all out melee right there on that little island, Carlin and Speed, Hed and a bunch others showed up pretty soon we were 3 v3 and 2 v1 etc... Then Met up with Brynn She seemed interested in PVP so i got her involved, after watching her fight i said come with me let me set you up right, Helped her fix her skills and deck, and then pvp'd with her for awhile, we went back over to the Island and she rocked it! Well thats about all that was exciting in this release and I cant wait to see you all in R10! This release i enjoyed PVP more with the teams set up, and scoreboard, the Devs definitely rocked this release, and all the involvement from the community! Keep getting involved, involvement helps the devs realize what we want from all corners of the game!

Remember to work up your characters to compete in "Gladiator Wars"! and those that need training in fighting and set up please look up "Torniquets "School Of Dont Dirtnap", or check with PaxLairs Trainers! Hope to see you all next release!

14. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Was great to catch up in game. Your office rocked :)

Time Lord and blaquerogue like this.
  15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

thanks man, thanks to everyone of you that made this happen! Im looking forward to the next release!

Time Lord likes this.
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

[​IMG] one of my star pupils

Time Lord and Isaiah [MGT] like this.
  17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

[​IMG] the office
    [​IMG]The Classroom

Time Lord likes this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

[​IMG]Always be aware of what is behind you!
    [​IMG] Night Tournament at Vengeance

Time Lord likes this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

[​IMG]The review board
    [​IMG]Always on guard!
    [​IMG]Abydos Leap attack!
    [​IMG]Looking on into battle.
    [​IMG]All out beach melee!

Time Lord likes this.
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

[​IMG]Ker found the invisible chest plate!
    [​IMG]Boat Guard in R8
    [​IMG]The great lightening bug hunt!

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.