Arena/Gladiator Tourneys "Gladiator Games"

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by blaquerogue, Jun 22, 2014.

?

Would you participate one way or another in "Gladiator Games"

1. YES (Can you smell, lell, lell, lell, lell what the Rock is cooking!)

97 vote(s)
    85.8%
  2. No ( i cant bear to see all the blood!)

16 vote(s)
    14.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Dont forget about "Gladiator Wars" build your champions towns, guilds, individuals! It will be coming to the final release! All is still a go and it looks to be a grand Tournament! Naming the Gladiator Champions out there! Mages mix your potions and study your spells! The "Spell Slinger" tournament calls to to you! Friends gather together! Form your 3v3 teams, for "Gladiator Team" champions! Most of all the Gladiators themselves, train day in, and day out! Win those competitions make a name for yourself! become the "Gladiator Champion"! Last but not least do not for get about Torniquets PVP school "The School of Dont Dirtnap!" I am accepting applications for various classes! All are welcome! I look forward to seeing all your battle hardened souls in the arenas!

Time Lord likes this.
  2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Some more fighting hype! Get ready for "Gladiator Wars"
    these guys are awesome! Looks like a village Arena to me!!!!

Time Lord, Soleidad and Jynx like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

[​IMG]
    Blocked!

Time Lord likes this.
  4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

[​IMG]Carlin at it again!
    [​IMG]
    Abydos with leap attack!

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Margard

Margard Avatar

I'll wait and see how combat shapes out - if its more truer to life - I would otherwise I'll be out exploring trying to catch butterflies ... lol

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Strothers

Strothers Avatar

Sir Stroths welcomes the challenge

Time Lord likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

8. Sole

Sole Avatar

Awesome, than you for sharing!

Time Lord likes this.
  9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Keeping everyone updated! I will be holding "Gladiator Wars" 8 or 9 months after the final release, if you would like your competitions to be considered for "Gladiator Wars" Please contact blaquerogue via personal message, Let me know what the name of your competition is and what city/guild it will hail from. from the champions you have in your battles i will pit, champion against champion for the final battle the "Gladiator Wars"!
    Vendors please contact blaquerogue as well if you would like your vendor spotlighted at the various events of "Gladiator Wars"! heres a recap on what we will be doing for this event ......

1 vs 1 - "Gladiator Champion"
    3 vs 3 - "Gladiator Team Champions"
    1 vs 1 - "Spell Slinger Champions"

Challenge Bracket - 20 fighters or more depending on turn out, Each guild/City will have....

One (1 vs 1 ) "Champion" going up against each other until there are 2 left for the Main Event.
    One ( 3 v 3 ) Team For "Team Champions"
    One (1 vs 1) "Spell Slinger"

We'll hold matches weekly or bi- weekly.
    (there will be no gambling set up as of yet, but you can gamble amongst yourselves)
    There will be prizes for certain events building up to the finale (Add-On items/gold) supplied by me and how much i can afford!
    We will hold the different events in guest towns.

The Very First Main Event "Gladiator Wars", will be held in one of the Order of Vengeance's Towns. Then every year, from then on will be in a different player owned town! (Annual Event!)

If you don't have a Town or Guild to "Sponsor you" please contact me blaquerogue via SoTa Forum personal message! I will be sponsoring a few people.
    There will be a Competitors fee to participate in the "Gladiator Wars" and events building up to it, Which will be affordable by all, and will be only paid for by " in game gold"!

We have exclusive rights to broadcast live the "Gladiator Battles" via, www.avatarsradio.com

Amber from Avatars Radio and possibly myself and guest commentators will be commentating and broadcasting from Avatars radio live, during the "Gladiator Wars" (like good ole Wrestling). We also have exclusive rights to Interview each of the fighters for "Gladiator Wars" so they can talk crap to each other and build their followings!
    I, and others are really excited to be hosting this Biblical event in SoTA! An event you surely shouldn't miss out on! Be part of the making of SoTA history!!!!!!

Time Lord likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

[​IMG] First Dungeon ever for me! Found an adventurer KubaTrizes.. and we rocked! We had 99 problems and a Lich aint one!

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

[​IMG]New set up for my PVP "School of Dont Dirtnap!" (now taking applications!)

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

OOV's broken sword quest, and guest orientation! (remember the very first "Gladiator Wars" will be in one of Vengeance's Towns!

[​IMG] the meeting and welcome.

[​IMG]on guard for any PKrs!
    [​IMG]

Time Lord, Spoon, Net and 1 other person like this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

[​IMG] Last PVP battle of R10, Watch out for "Geek Slayer!!!" Thats fair warning!

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

This looks like a wall of junk but its worth a read!

Lets get to know blaquerogue....or Torniquet....or Squirrel.....or Dirtnap and many other faces.

ok im gonna go way back here! It started on a MMUD game, when dial up was king!(lol) between the beeps and blurps, and whirrrrring! I logged in finally Keirnon was the name! i used to go through all the lines of text n,s,e,w ill go n (keep in mind back int he day the direction and moves were simply n, s, e, w directions, and a for attacking)
    . Into the the Dark Magicians area and fight them and take their emblems, fight a couple kobold rogues along the way (a,you swipe at kolbold rogue, a you miss kolbold rogue, a you hit kolbold rogue for 5 points, a you missed -10 you've been hit, a you hit kolbold rogue for 10 pts!, kolbold rogue lunges at you and misses,a you hit kolbold rogue for 10 dmg, a you hit kolbold for 10 dmg! you have slain the kolbold rogue) a= attack back then! played some Ultimas (they were boring for me)
    flash forward UO - let angelic music start playing here!
    Dirtnap arrives! "great all i have to do is go out and chop some wood and kill some deer and make money to better arm my self!" strolls out to Yew..... chop chop (whistles a logging tune) WHAM!!!!!! OoOooOoOoooO! WTH!!! back to yew healer.... back out to woods in another area of YEW, gonna shoot down some deer and make myself some leather armor! "plink, plink,plink" goes my bow, and i start gathering the bounties smiling away, finally i get to make some decent armor! WHAM! "OoOoOoOo! grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! @#$%^&! your dead!!! I will kill you if its the last thing i do!!!!" in open game chat " calling all newbies, come to yew so we can gather goods and fight the PKr and make lots of gold!" Newbs show up 15 or 20 we exchange our OoooOO! stories and make a list of KOS people! (kill on site Pkrs). we Suit up head out to the places where we were attacked often, chopping wood etc...WHAM! One newbie goes down the rest of us swarm on the pkrs over and over! (hes not talking smack now!!!) WHAM! now all we see is OoOoOooooO from him, time for us to talk our smack!
    Eventually i Formed the Guild (CYS) - Consider Your Sins, i spread my guild to Chessy, lake superior, and Atlantic we were a known red hunter guild! All we did was hunt down reds anywhere and everywhere (the best part was seeing the reds run when we were around, for they knew death soon followed!), We had a keep across the lake in east Brit, Salty dog was our gathering spot! (i loved the Salty Dog) so many friends and good times there! Took a break from UO ( Sent to war by the Military) The guild diminished but the legacy lived on!
    Felucca and Trammel! WTH!!! this sucks, no reds will be coming over here! and now no one wants to go to Fel?? I went there and set up my guild again just south of the Yew graveyard! my house was clearly labelled! big CYS in molten lava (did i mention i love the ability to build our own houses!) across the top for all reds to see in CYS we do not hide! "Squirrel" now takes over! gm Tact, gm Fence, gm Heal, close enough to gm Chiv. The difference this time was i had lots of money in UO and could build anything, give anything, get anything. and most important Squirrel never talked trash, never talked in open chat, when the reds came calling to CYS it was a quick death for them! Dirtnap was still around and still part of the PAXLAIR group, as well as Squirrel and blaquerogue, Then i met Winfield, we both loved to fish, times were slow then with the separation of Tram And Fel. Plenty of time to fish, "Sam Elliot" my blacksmith bludgeon gm, would make goods for us all, he gave away armor and weapons to Newbs, even stuff that cost millions, he would just give away! Why you ask? Well..if your going to run into people with million dollar armor and weapons you yourself need million dollar weapons and armor! I didn't want them to be discouraged, like some are here in SoTA i know how it feels to be ganked over and over, and its a shame i never met those that have been soo discouraged about PVP. Maybe if i had met them they would not be that way! I gave people a chance to survive! They had the tools they needed to exact revenge upon the pkrs that made their game so bad!
    Flash forward to WOW, man that game was cool! I loved it, the graphics were great (after all i had been playing top down game view for so long) I ran through the beginning quests, first this i did was fish and fight Murloks! I loved the animation of fighting and casting spells and the darkness evil looking dark woods, skeltons, wolves and all kind of creepy stuff walking around the houses looked awesome (youll see that in my house Rustic 2 story with loft) i love it! I caused wars between Alliance and Horde that lasted hours, South Shore was ripped apart (blaquerogue was there!!!) Holding off Horde and moving the battle to the field north of that place! Why? So people could get in and do their quests at south shore! One thing i hated the most was when your questor was killed you had to wait forever for him to respawn! please SoTA dont make anything like that as far as questors dieing! It sucked and we all hated it, Horde and Alliance alike! All through my gaming life i have Non Pvp'd and PVP'd, helped new people enjoy the game as much as i had or could! So i honestly know what it is like on both sides of that track!
    Flash forward to now. Wow there are a lot of cool games out there! EQ2, Archeage, just to mention some (already out there and being played right now) Whats this?.......Lord British, Richard Garriot!, a new game he and his team are designing! Yo im all over this game!! (as im looking through Kick Starter) and i can help design it! Hell yeah im in!!! 100 here, 100 there, 100 more here,Knight Marshall Status! I have all i need to start playing this game when it comes out and i can get in on DEV+ and help design this game!
    SHROUD OF THE AVATAR!!!!!! blaquerogue/Torniquet appears out of the fog! I read through the forums, i get mad and fight ruthlessly through them all, how dare they say this about my game play style!!! (but still i understand what its like to be a victim to a pk attack ) so i do understand the NonPvp group, and i do understand the RP groups, we will all be able to live together happily in the game! At least thats what it sounds like from all the Dev talk. Its guild time i need to see whats out there, so i go to the guild forums looking through them all. I have finally found the guild i want to be part of "Order of Vengeance", it is like CYS born out of the flames again! The early releases come out you know im going to be wherever the PVP is! I jump straight into the frey, hanging out at Fire Lotus Tavern, with other players having a great time (even with those i dislike so much in the forums) Winfield is here with his PAXLAIR, i roll out to their city and meet up with all my old friends from UO! This is awesome! Im loving it! I set up my house and decorate it, sweet it looks awesome! R9 comes out! Ive already set up "Gladiator Wars" people are curious they come to talk to me about it and how to set up their characters, I help all that come to me for a visit! We go to the coast and fight each other, Violation is there, other Vengeance people are there, were having competitions left and right 1 on 1, 4 on 1, suprise attacks from "to be" Pkrs everyones fighting! picking sides its great, its fun and im glad i invested in this game! I look forward to running "Gladiator Wars" here its kind of like a resume' here lol!

15. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

This post is a mess, I have a headache just looking at it.

I can't read it so I do not know when the event is. If you want to use english please do so I can read it.

Time Lord, Montaigne and Net like this.
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

When "Gladiator Wars" start, you have to work your way up a bracket, have to be sponsored by a guild or town, if you dont have a guild or town you can look up Torniquet in game and see if you qualify to be sponsored by me, which means you will have to train with me and the other students. Then i will pick the 3 best qualified from my school. Torniquet is me blaquerogue.

Time Lord, Spoon and Net like this.
  17. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Train me? LOL I will duel you.

*throws down his glove*

William SereniteOoV

Time Lord likes this.
  18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

lol! Yep trying to figure out the best mix, ill be happy to show you which one works best! :)

*picks up glove* at least that wont be the one thing they let me take from your body!

Torniquet Warsworn OoV

Time Lord likes this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ok after the, chip on shoulder fight, and possibly a headeache from reading "Lets get to know blaquerogue..." and after taking a walk down memory lane with me, if you in fact did read that post. The most important thing is

"Gladiator Wars" in a nutshell the preliminaries will start after 9 months of live game play (more than enough time for guilds and towns to find there contenders and start sponsorship) I personally will not be competing in "Gladiator Wars" Since i have to regulate the Matches, and do interviews via www.avatarsradio.com where each contender can talk smack like in WWE/WWF etc... to each other. Plus the live coverage of matches (which we have exclusive rights too) Amber and I and special guests will be commentating during the matches Thanks again to Amber and Avatars radio, for the support of an epic event! We will also be spotlighting on avatars radio any vendor we choose to be during those events (any of you crafters and your business)

We will have a 20 man/woman bracket for 1 v 1 "Gladiator Champion" (it will take some time!) everyone will know when they need to fight, if they do not show up they have forfeited the match to their opponents! We have not decided on whether a charge will be instated for viewing the fight or not yet, more than likely there will be a small fee affordable by all to compete, hence your sponsors! here is the way it stands as of now........................

1 vs 1 - "Gladiator Champion" One (1 vs 1 ) For" Gladiator Champion"
    3 vs 3 - "Gladiator Team Champions" One ( 3 v 3 ) For " Gladiator Team Champions"
    1 vs 1 - "Spell Slinger Champions" One (1 vs 1) For "Spell Slinger Champion"

going up against each other until there are 2 left for the Main Events of all competitions.

We'll hold matches weekly or bi- weekly.
    (there will be no gambling set up as of yet, but you can gamble amongst yourselves)
    There will be prizes for certain events building up to the finale (Add-On items/gold) supplied by me and how much i can afford!
    We will hold the different events in guest towns.

If you don't have a Town or Guild to "Sponsor you" please contact me blaquerogue via SoTa Forum personal message! I will be sponsoring a few people, after training in my arena with the others. i will pick 3 from my school to sponsor myself.

The First annual "Gladiator Wars" will be held in the town of Vengeance, the following years it will be in other towns. Preliminaries will be held in other towns as wanted by their owners. If in your town for preliminaries, we will spot light your vendor on avatars radio! for the time of the event there.

To all Towns, and Guilds pick your best 3 fighters!

Anyone that does not have a Town or guild, please contact me via the SOTA forums messaging.(blaquerogue)
    Those of you that have already contacted me with your info, i do have it and it is ready whenever we go live.

Thanks again to all involved!

Order of Vengeance, Avatars Radio, Amber, and Duke Violation, as well as myself blaquerogue/Torniquet, and all the others involved in this event look forward to seeing all of you for this epic event and the preliminaries working up to it!

Time Lord and Spoon like this.
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Gladiator Pitfights -

"Gladiator Pitfights"- Is something we will bring into the the pre-releases. here's the scoop on it........................*a special addition to "Gladiator Wars" after talking to some people from the community.
    pay attention to this forum, we will have dates and times coming for the "PitFights".

The "Gladiator Pitfights" will be an in game competition, between fighters during the early releases. We will have 1 vs 1 fights, and 3 vs 3 fights. We will try and pair you off accordingly based on your specialty. Find your team and get involved!

During these fights there will be "Clients" watching you fight, that will possibly sponsor you during "Gladiator Wars", Once you are picked up by a sponsor (and accepted them as your sponsor), you will not be eligible, to fight for your town or guild, although you can claim them as your town/guild but you will have a "Team Name" Example; "Team Alchemist Masters", "Team Chaos", "Team Honor" what ever the sponsor comes up with.

This will open another possibility for people to be part of a team whether or not, they are in the same guild, city, town, or village with the ability to claim fame in "Gladiator Wars". As a team.

Watch this thread for Times and places!

Time Lord, Bow Vale and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.