Armor advice for melee dual wield and Sword and shield

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Mobidoy Querrent, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I think Meteoric is better in PVE... BUT... definitely not in PVP. Even List said in one of his streams that for PVE that base damage is better and PVP crits are because you want that big surprise hit that they don't have time to heal from. I've always used Meteoric for PVE and have found this to be true in my experience.

2. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

Very much so. Swords are tricky in regards to how the skill sets compliment the material used for weapon damage output.

In this regard; maximizing the gilt damage ratio is important. If you are building a 2hand then bronze isn't as good a choice for hilt but... at the same time it's almost the BiS component; but is dependant on the user. Elven hilts don't necessarily change the odds; just the spread of the odds. Shortswords with meteoric are an interesting option. hilts if ither types does not give a large bonus in regards to what you want it for; do constant hilt is barely a 0.5% increase to mana pools whereas a large blade is significantly more noticeable. It's the primary component that makes or breaks a custom item build.​

In regards to armor; I tend to use bronze binding in regards to stacking ratios of quantities used. For chain; meteoric wires start to be less useful as their no us is % based of the base item, compared to plate. (I make meteoric due to the high cost of tin though.)

The biggest issue with the rng for skill sets is which ones people want on a generic set; and what they want to use it for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.