Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Arrows cost too much to make

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by cosmicvoyager, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

Greetings,

Arrows cost too much to make. Just the feathers cost 4g per arrow, twice the cost of just buying an arrow.

10 Bundles of feathers @ 4g per bundle = 40g + other resources = 10 arrows

Doing all the work to gather resources and make arrows should cost less than buying them.

Thanks

p.s. And you can't get feathers from anywhere else besides someone else's chickens.

2. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Does seem kind of silly, doesn't it? I'm an archer/mage hybrid and go through a lot of arrows when leveling up. I crafted some, but eventually went back to buying them from the vendor. It just wasn't worth the time and money to produce arrows on my own in bulk (i.e., 100 or more at a time) o_O

Jynx, Arianna, Lord Baldrith and 3 others like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

When I used arrows I never ran out. I just had 1 that was always usable. So for testing, I don't think this is a problem, unless it was a bug for me.

Also, arrows are supposed to be expensive...but they're also supposed to work. Right now they're so under powered that it doesn't make sense to use them in any situation.

At launch, I'd like to see the cost of weapons, armor, arrows and reagents look something like this:

Weapon Repair Cost (15% of NPC Vendor Sale Price)
    Armor Repair Cost (15% of NPC Vendor Sale Price)
    Arrow Cost (5% of Mid-Range Armor NPC Vendor Sale Price)
    Reagent Cost (5% of Mid-Range Weapon NPC Vendor Sale Price)

Moonshadow likes this.
  4. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

the same applies to repairing armor, at one point it was cheaper just to buy a whole new set of plate, of coarse, right now your weapons and armor being at zero mean nothing just like you always have that arrow ......

5. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Brings up a good possibility of a player market given one can buy, breed and pluck self-owned chickens, to sell said feathers cheaper.

Or you, a fletcher themselves, have a livestock of chickens to keep making arrows.

Time will tell.

Lord Baldrith and Moonshadow like this.
  6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I agree w/ OPer, the cost of supplies to make an item, should not exceed the item cost. No one in a free market will be selling much under NPC pricing, and most likely well over price for bulk. A bundle of feathers should mean 10-20, not 1 each.

I noticed this same off balance when making a Jeweled sword, I could have sold the gems alone for far more than the finished sword.

I have not heard of us being able to have chickens, and surely I don't want to kill them for 1 bundle of feathers, I always thought chickens "molted" their feathers, so I think they should drop bunbles of feathers everywhere they go, so we as players can pick them up...

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I expect there will be a lot of balancing on item costs, the whole economy is still under discussion.

Duke NRaas and Arianna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.