Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Arsonist Quest in Soltown (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Release 48 Feedback Forum' started by Mortanius, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

After I've learned who caused the fire at the Soltown bridge, I had 3 options: Tell Stanley the guard who did it, trust that the guy who caused the fire would do right by refugees, or to tell Raymond and let him handle it on his own.

The first person I ran across was Raymond. I started the conversation with him. I looked back in my journal... yep, he was the civilian. I wanted to tell Stanley the guard. However, as soon as I said goodbye to Raymond, it acted as if I made a choice to lie to Raymond like I knew nothing, ending the quest. I wanted to tell the truth to the guard to let their own handle it, yet now I'm the a$$hole, which was not what I intended.

I know as soon as I started the convo with Raymond, it said I would not be able to choose again. I could either blame it on guy #1, guy #2, or act dumb. Saying goodbye shouldn't be the end to that... oops, I didn't mean to talk to you. How am I untrustworthy now? Anyways; I think "goodbye"(the way to exit a convo you did/ didn't mean to get into) should be a deciding choice to a quest.

Keep up the hard work, Port! Happy Friday to y'all!

2. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

Yes, I've done this quest several times using each option, but the results are always the same, so I don't think your choice really matters that much.

Incidently, I've approached Raymond several times, telling him I'm interested in being included in his plans for revenge against "the guilty party". I've even outlined some devilish ways I'd come up with for luring "the guilty party" out into the woods at night under some pretense, and then we'd (Raymond, the refugees, and I) set upon him and finish him off, and then bury his body out in the swamp where Stanley the Guard could never find him. No matter how much I try, Raymond just listens attentively and plays dumb, telling me, "Hmmm, I don't understand" or "Could you tell me that again". Raymond doesn't fool me; I know he's just going to use my good ideas himself, and cut me out of the plan completely! Lousy NPCs! LOL :)

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

"Players will adventure through over 40 hours of story in an interactive world where their choices during ethical paradoxes have consequences."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.