1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Art Making Recipes and Painting Kits

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by sforbes95, Mar 30, 2022.

?

Would you like to see the art making recipe feature implemented in Shroud of the Avatar?

1. Yes.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Maybe...

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sforbes95

sforbes95 Avatar

I would like to request a new feature of the game, or at least a new set of recipes and items. It would be cool if players could use a carpentry recipe for a picture frame, or many such recipes for various types of frames. Then the player could go to the tailoring station to use canvas sheets to stretch a canvas over the frame. If there were objects in the game, like perhaps a dye-like painting kit that could be crafted at the tanning station, this could be combined with the frame and canvas at the tailoring station to produce a recipe for a specific painting. Then people who have created in game art could show many of the current and perhaps future in game paintings. Perhaps there should be a way to take selfies in game, and mount them on canvas, like a screenshot. I don't know how that would be implemented, though.

I am really hoping for this, and it would be so cool to have this feature. I hope you just consider it, to see if it would coax players into interacting more.

2. TigerBlue

TigerBlue Avatar

I agree, I think this would be such a great addition to the game - it needs personalisation and customisation in what is largely a cookie-cutter world.

It would also be very cool to allow the creation of wax cylinders, with people's own compositions on them. And the ability to make statues of character busts etc.

FBohler likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Not sure I understand, but you can already purchase the various paintings in the crown shop and place them already?

4. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Imagine using an in-game camera (exists!) to take a screenshot, that is applied to make wall art. The issue would be then having a possibly large number of digital images that go into the patch downloads… not to mention possible hacks or even in game questionable content being generated.

FBohler likes this.
  5. Lained

Lained Avatar

Taking in game screenshot to make art was floating a long time ago even before the tin type camera was created, something I'd still like to see though.

FBohler likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem with this idea is the amount of data that would have to be distributed to each client. It could quickly get out of hand.

Anpu and Lained like this.
  7. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I think it can be managed by charging COTOs to convert screenshots in painting assets.
    Maybe the COTO price will raise as the amount of paintings out there grows, so we don't get a full GB worth of paintings we'll never get to see.
    And maybe the client would download the assets in a temporary folder, only when entering the scene they're placed in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.