1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[As Designed] Get-in-bed animation does not work when pathing is blocked

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Widsith [MGT], Nov 18, 2022.

1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

11/18/2022 14:08
    Title: Get-in-bed animation does not work for some bed types
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: (Observed this while trying to work out bed animation in dungeon bug previously posted.) A few of the crafted or add-on deco beds don't have the get-in-bed animation working: Large Bed, Renaissance Bed, Open Bed Roll (not sure if latter is intended).
    Steps to Reproduce: Place 0ne of the above bed types in a regular property. Try to activate animation. Note and suggestion: This animation can also be blocked for beds placed in tight areas because it involves pathing, so it complicated figuring which ones don't work at all. This is similar to the old issue of pathing vs. crafting table placement and activation, and could be similarly eliminated by switching to a dissolve instead of full animation.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5675R CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 16384
    GPU: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 6200 GPU RAM: 1536
    SotA.OSX.64.1606.Date.11.17.22
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_2Floor
    Area Display Name: Village Stone 2-Story Basement
    Loc: (10.7, 5.0, 7.4)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25WaWxsYWdlXzJGbG9vcnx8KDEwLjY2MywgNS4wMDksIDcuNDA3KXwoMCwgLTAuOTQzLCAwLCAtMC4zMzIpfC0yMTUuMjY3M3w0MC4xNDUzNnwyLjE5ODQ3OQ==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Widsith [MGT], i cannot verify any of these. all three animate appropriately (including both sides of the beds) when given the needed spaced for pathing.

3. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Alley Oop Retested and you are right. Just takes even more space that I'd thought. Will submit the suggestion for removing pathing as a 'wishlist'.

4. Alley Oop

they DID remove the pathing requirement. that's why, now, when you can't path to the bed, it skips the animation and just teleports you into it. it used to not move you and give you an "out of reach" error instead.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Alley Oop Except that's not how it's working. Two test cases for you:

Area: Moonvale (POT_tropicalisland_metropolis_01a_template/Moonvale) Loc: (56.97, 71.863, -257.457) DBG: UE9UX3Ryb3BpY2FsaXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFhX3RlbXBsYXRlfE1vb252YWxlfCg1Ni45NywgNzEuODYzLCAtMjU3LjQ1Nyl8KDAsIDAuNDE3LCAwLCAwLjkwOSl8NDA5LjM1ODd8NTAuMDM0MDZ8MS4yNQ==

Stand on or next to the bed, do 'E' on it and the avatar will attempt to walk through the wall forever.

Area: Rift's End (POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End) Loc: (73.593, 95.841, -76.533) DBG: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFJpZnQncyBFbmR8KDczLjU5MywgOTUuODQxLCAtNzYuNTMzKXwoMCwgLTAuODY4LCAwLCAwLjQ5Nyl8LTEyMC40NTd8NjIuNjY0Mzd8MS4yNQ==

Stand on or next to the bed, 'E' and nothing at all will happen.

ETA: Or try here:

Area: Rift's End (POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Rift's End) Loc: (104.382, 96.435, -52.244) DBG: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfFJpZnQncyBFbmR8KDEwNC4zODIsIDk2LjQzNSwgLTUyLjI0NCl8KDAsIC0wLjk5OSwgMCwgMC4wNDcpfDE3OS4zNDMxfDIwLjk3ODE3fDEuMjU=

That's where I ended up attempting the elven bed in the room - stuck inside the wall! (And if you attempt 'E' on the bed which is still clickable, you get 'Object [Elven Bed] is out of reach'.

That's three different properties where it doesn't seem to be behaving as you suggest.

ETA 2: Thought I'd mention that this is all on the Mac OS client, as in the original report, in case there are any oddities of Unity on that platform that might mess up pathing and other metrics.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  6. Alley Oop

this is a two-slot bed. if you click on the side that is open and accessible to the room, you will lay on it. if you click on the side you have shoved up against the wall, you will try to path through the wall to get to that side to lay on it. if you click on that side while you are stuck outside the wall, you are not on navmesh, so can't path to it, so everything is going to be out of reach from that position. as designed.

this is actually broken, but it's not the bed, as that's already been tested in open space. some other piece of nearby deco is bugged and is interfering with the pathing for everything near it: you'll notice you can't use the bathtub down the hall and, while you can use chairs in the house, you teleport into them instead of pathing (although most of the chairs in the house don't have proper clearance in front of them for pathing anyway).

these are hard to track down; it generally involves disassembling the whole area (and may not be something on the lot). in this case, i've seen problems in the past with hay, but picking up the hay outside on qa fixed the chairs and the bathtub, but not the bed, so there's something else that's specifically near the bed. if you figure out the bugged item to report i can verify it.

same problem, but in this case i know what it is. please don't place the compendium teleporter anywhere near npcs or anything you might need to path to. known issue.

7. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Alley Oop Thank you for the detailed feedback! This will help track it down, since I have some idea of the order in which that area was built, and all of those animations worked once upon a time. I'll see if I can figure out the offending item(s) and report.

Alley Oop likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

following up, @widsith, we have a good way to track these down now. are you still having the problem? give me a /loc again and i can look.

9. Alley Oop

please pick up any fancy toilets on the lot and see if you're still having pathing issues.