Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[As Designed] house and inventory failed to port over to QA...

Discussion in '***PTE (QA) Bug Archive (After R75)***' started by Duursyrras, Dec 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

12/15/2020 23:18
    Title: house and inventory failed to port over to QA...
    Reproduction Rate: constant over several hours/reboots
    Blocker? nope
    Details:
    so most of the backpacks in both my Inv and Bank (~12) with sorted items in them, and the entirety of my Observatory Home with Arena Basement failed to port over to QA. that was actually the insult to the injury of, not only *not* having any kind of 'keymap' file for manual backup/clean installation, but that those bindings and most but not all user preferences/settings didn't port over either requiring manual copying only to find i can't use the QA server. and to top it all off, i believe that adjusting bindings in QA somehow switched my ROG Zephyrus' Armor Crate graphics software profile *off* of the one for this game to one unknown with the Windows key disabled...
    additionally, the task list erroneously shows i need to kill the White Dragon in Ulfheim again...​
    Steps to Reproduce: NA
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS with Radeon Graphics (16) System RAM: 15789
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1112.Date.12.15.20
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Lake Cusabo
    Area Display Name: Lake Cusabo
    Loc: (-280.6, 53.0, 250.0)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8TGFrZSBDdXNhYm98KC0yODAuNTg4LCA1My4wMzksIDI0OS45ODgpfCgwLCAwLjg1OCwgMCwgMC41MTQpfDMxNy4yMTQ1fDI0LjI2NDUzfDMuODg5ODc3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Duursyrras, qa is ported over from live manually. this is generally done every two weeks but can vary. it was last done on the 23rd so, yes, any tasks you have completed on live since then are still outstanding on qa.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  3. Duursyrras

Duursyrras Avatar

ok, so i just wait an indefinite amount of time (24 days since the 23rd)? will i even be able to place things in my basement then?

i guess if i can wait to play, Catnip can wait to be paid...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's differences between 'the way the game works' (basement fixes and other bugs/adjustments), 'things stored locally' (your user settings and keybindings), and 'user data on the server' (your character, inventory, home(s), quest statuses, known zone list, etc.).

'things stored locally' is never going to carry over to qa (except perhaps if you're using steam; i don't know if it does in that case).

'the way the game works' changes every time they release a patch, which could be more than once a day or could be a week or more at the end of a release cycle.

'user data on the server' is manually synced, on average, twice a month. it's only ever synced from live to qa, not the other way around.

when 'user data on the server' is synced to qa has nothing to do with the basement fix going into a live build for tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.