Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[As Designed] Obsidian Panopticon - Elves will close the cell doors and lock you in

Discussion in '***PTE (QA) Bug Archive (After R75)***' started by Echondas, Apr 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

04/28/2021 13:50
    Title: Obsidian Panopticon - Elves will close the cell doors and lock you in
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? No, you can kill elves that come in the room or spawn inside and hopefully get a key or find a lockpick after a while of respawns in the muck piles, or have a friend get a key and unlock it.
    Details: An Elf Fighter closed the cell door after I was inside talking to the Prisoners, essentially locking me in. This might be intended for an immersion factor.
    Steps to Reproduce: Hang out in a cell stealthed and roaming Elves might close the door.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1179.Date.04.27.21
    Area: Mistrendur_R4_ObsidianPanopticon
    Area Display Name: The Obsidian Panopticon
    Loc: (-18.4, 50.8, -21.0)
    Debug: TWlzdHJlbmR1cl9SNF9PYnNpZGlhblBhbm9wdGljb258fCgtMTguNDA0LCA1MC44MDIsIC0yMC45NjcpfCgwLCAwLjUyOCwgMCwgLTAuODUpfC01NzIuNTU5Mnw4LjEzMTUyOXwyLjY4NzI5NA==

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Any player or NPC that closes a prison cell door in the panopticon will relock it. NPCs locking players in the cells is not specifically "intended" in that I didn't add anything extra for the elves to go out of their way to close the doors, but I did expect it as a possibility. It is one of the top prisons in the world, after all, and relocking doors seems to be a reasonable action on behalf of the jailors.

Currently, the best "defense" is to make sure the area is clear of enemies and/or have extra panopticon keys in your inventory. Let's mark this down as "as designed." However, if it happens too often and seems to make the scene terrible, I'll make some changes to minimize the desire for NPCs to lock doors.

Anpu, Echondas and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Some panopticon cells have friendly prisoners you can talk to. I'm going to add the ability for avatars without lockpicks to be able to get a lockpick from these prisoners, but not more than once each day.

Anpu and Echondas like this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Cool thanks Sannio - I figured it was an unintended feature since it's a prison and adds to the immersion.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.