As much wearables as possible

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by BK_, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BK_

BK_ Avatar

Most RPG's these days only allow one to wear just one type of armor/clothing. In UO you could customize your character as much as you wanted, you could wear various clothing above the armor which would make everybody really unique.

That's what I want from SotA. This way we sometimes can't even say if a guy is a warrior type of char or more of a mage. Limitations in clothing create stereotypes which is the problem of classes. If a guy is in full plate, he's surely a fighter class, or if he only wears a robe, he must be a mage. No alternatives.

Also, create as much clothing as possible. And please, I want to be able to wear the body sash WITH doublet or tunic ;)

Blue sandies FTW

2. Lord_Peregrine

Lord_Peregrine Avatar

<b>"Limitations in clothing create stereotypes which is the problem of classes."</b>

I realize the lack of variety makes things pretty bland, but tension between classes is a great thing for the game. Large battles are the result thus making the game more fun. This warring also strengthens the in-game economy. You can't go wrong with class systems in RPGs.

3. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

I agree with BK on the fact that as much clothing options as possible creates a more vibrant world. Now, when I say vibrant I do NOT mean neon colors and that sort. I mean everyone can look quite different with not just the colors but type of clothing they are wearing.

And I chuckled at your comment about the body sash over a doublet or tunic... classic.

4. Andrew Vawter

Andrew Vawter Avatar

No one can put on a body sash with a tunic! No one! It's not possible. I do agree that the Ultima Online style of "gearing up" was much more fun then what's came later.

I would however like to see a real reason for armor types. Leather VS cloth VS plate VS chain. In truth I never understood why guys in plate armor couldn't also put on a chainmail tunic as that was common. I wouldn't also mind seeing an armor weight reduces attack speed but NOT movement speed. Running slow is annoying but attacking slower is reasonable.

Also lighter armors should provide something like a bonus to dodge against heavier armors. In theory the guy in the plate armor would have a much harder time hitting someone who could simply step away. Whereas two people in leather armor would be equally quick to move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.