Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ashton does not let me complete the quest to kill awakened dead.

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Aetrion, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If you had the quest before the last patch, you'll need to wait until the next patch (not today's, I just put in the fix this morning and missed the cutoff) and then talk to Ashton and get him to tell you about the book. (Just having it in the journal isn't enough, the journal entry updated itself last patch).

Sorry about this. This is why we don't like to change quests in live hotfixes. :p But too many people were getting frustrated on this one.

rild likes this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Richard had me base it on his RL grandmother. It explains a lot.

Fister Magee, rild and enderandrew like this.
  3. Lum the Mad

Drop rate for this is about 35% which is probably the lowest we'd set something like this. It should work out close to if not easier than killing 5 zombies.

rild and enderandrew like this.
  4. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Then call me unlucky*. I've killed somewhere around 30 zombies (spent an hour in SPO) and still haven't gotten a drop. That's not unreasonable though, as there's a real %2.1 chance of not getting a drop in 30 kills. Such is life with the RNG.

* no, seriously, call me unlucky ... the title "the unlucky" should be earned when the RNG fails to deliver in 30 tries on something with a 35% chance. If you fail to get a drop in 50 tries, you get the title "the randomly cursed" ;)

5. Lum the Mad

You're not unlucky - as I said, you're not going to be able to loot it until the next patch, due to a bug.

Gravidy and rild like this.
  6. tomelectric

tomelectric Avatar

I also have the same problem with the Ashton quest. No matter how many Awakened Zombies I kill the quest does not update in my book.

7. Braveheart

Braveheart Avatar

08/02/2016 - Build number 453:
    • Fix for players who already had the “kill 5 zombies” quest from Ashton in Soltown when it was switched to finding a book. Players can now talk to Ashton again to get the request for the book.

8. Lum the Mad

Note that if you are one of those players who had the quest before the fix in build 451, you will need to go to Ashton and get the quest again. You should be able to and the journal entries will be identical.

9. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I did the quest a second time and so far he won't accept the book from me a second time and now I just have a quest item permanently in my inventory that I can't delete.

10. Lum the Mad

If you've already done the quest, yes, he will give you the ability to obtain the item again and yes, you will not be able to complete the quest twice. You should not try to do the quest twice. This was put in specifically to allow players who were caught in between fixes to complete the quest, not to enable the quest to be done twice.

I *think* you can still put no-delete items in containers (such as a chest) and remove them from your inventory that way.

11. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I tried that it won't let you so i have no way to delete the item from my inventory.

12. Lum the Mad

I'll put in a check today so you can turn the book into the deletable/sellable copy but in the future please do not try to do a quest twice.

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I didn't try to do the quest twice, exactly, but this happened to me as well. I think part of the issue is that the Battle for Solace Bridge is all 'fine and dandy' with the Notes, but when travelling over to the Battle of Highvale (which, as I am on the path of love, I should not be able to access.. but currently it is in this state), Edvard said to go over to Soltown to give the notes to the Guard.. so it is a remnant of the old quest and the new mashing together, no?

edit: sorry, was thinking of the other quest... ignore :)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  14. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Ok thanks for fixing that. Well it was more bug testing since we know it let me do it twice which it shouldn't :p

15. Braveheart

Braveheart Avatar

So you have two copies of the book in your inventory?

After the last patch, I re-picked up the quest again and was able to successfully complete it this time. I also noticed that the completion text mentions that he gave the book back to me. So I think you are supposed to have at least one copy of the book.

16. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

No, I have the quest item version of the book and can't get rid of it in any way. Is there a new patch coming, @Lum ? or was it supposed to be fixed server side? I still can't delete it or turn it in or anything :(

17. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I've been able to get rid of items like this in the past, by putting it on a public vendor and letting him eat the item in a week :) Does that still work?

18. Lum the Mad

Fix will be in today's patch, which isn't live yet but should be soon.

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  19. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

They made it pretty solid that there's is no way to get rid of quest items which in most cases is a good thing.

Fister Magee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.