Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ask NPC's for directions.

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Astrobia, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

I've said it before but posting it again because I was asked to.

You should be able to ask NPC's for directions. They live in a town they should know where the bank, market, guard house etc. is if there is one and should be able to tell you what direction it is in. Where is the bank? Oh it's a short distant to the north west. Is easy to program.

Same with finding other NPC's. Towns are small, they should have some idea where the other villagers are to... In large towns you could make the argument they might not know each other... But guards are employed to watch everyone. There should always be someone who knows where an NPC is.

Even if the target isn't in that town... They must still bank and shop. They should be able to tell you what the nearest town with that feature is and what direction that town is in (In fact where is *town name* should work too). If we get wandering merchants/caravans, gypsy troops etc... Head merchants in the town etc. should know where about's they are this time of year.

2. agra

agra Avatar

The current state leaves something to be desired...
    [​IMG]

Pickley and Astrobia like this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Most towns and most NPCs have this already. However new towns hasn't had iteration 2 done.
    The key words are
    Where is ......
    You can try it Owls Head. Ardoris is OK but there is a diff in new vs old guards.

The problem for the devs is that putting such things in too soon and the locations/descriptions might change leading to multiple work. So instead they are waiting with such until the positions of those you ask for is more settled.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  4. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

A dev asked me to post this here so it was on their list... So don't know what to tell you. :p

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Then it could be specific ones instead of a generic principle?

If they react to the Where is...... keyword on some but not all POI then those would be bugs. While if they don't react to Where is..... at all then it hasn't been implemented yet.

So reporting those who do with /loc + name would sort out the ones who should.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  6. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Nah it response to a broader comment I made about the conversation system needing an overhaul. As I said, don't know what to tell you. Probably just covering their bases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.